RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

tonymax wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:46 pm any sale coming up, cant quite afford full price as im isolating/shielding and no pay atm
thanks
tony
What I was really hoping for from my eta question.
rsp
sound sculptist

Once Granular is added it would be a good time for a summer time sale (I already own it, but I hope new users to jump on board, I was tempted in by a sale!)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live+PUSH 3 Standalone, Reason, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Speaking of import.
I recorded a bunch of presets from synths I like to import into Rapid and other instruments. I recorded single C4 note. 1 sample = 1 preset or instrument basically.

So I imported them to Rapid as Single-Sample and noticed that there no loop what so ever. So when sample ends sound just stops. Muli-Sample has loop option but Single-Sample don't (for some reason idk). So I have to do whole import all over again but with different mode (Single samples to Muli Samples to get loops lol). Tedious but manageable.

But problem is that my library now has 200+ samples which is not really usable and there is no way to select multiple items or all of them. So I have to remove every of them by hand via context menu -> delete -> reference. Which is not okay.
It would be fantastic to be able to adjust loop section and crossfade like in samplers (or even set it automatically)

Now trying to find in which folder Papid keeps them on my system to hopefully delete them from Finder.
Last edited by FantasticDUDE on Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

btw When I delete preset there is two options Delete Reference and Delete Sample. If I chose Delete Sample what sample will be deleted?
Sample what I dragged into Rapid from my sample folder of or sample what Rapid saves in Content Folder where it keeps all sounds?

Caine123 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:35 amsounds great! checkout other Granular? vsts, e.g. padshop, falcon etc. you can drag and drop from the file browser of your daw the sample and it instantly load up, this way you can asap audition your sounds incl. settings without re-cllicking too much :). i can do some short videos if you like.
There was a time when Rapid didn't even come with import functionality. I'm sure this will improve with time, since we use the importer ourselves as well.
The base idea of the importer was that many users probably want to share or create packages of already existing wavetable content. Therefore the focus on library management, naming and categories. We're aware that sometimes you want to just drag some random sample to hear what it sounds like. We think about it. Someday it will be added.
In the long term I recommend to build up your own library so you can reuse samples as much as possible.
FantasticDUDE wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:29 pm Speaking of import.
I recorded a bunch of presets from synths I like to import into Rapid and other instruments. I recorded single C4 note. 1 sample = 1 preset or instrument basically.

So I imported them to Rapid as Single-Sample and noticed that there no loop what so ever. So when sample ends sound just stops. Muli-Sample has loop option but Single-Sample don't (for some reason idk). So I have to do whole import all over again but with different mode (Single samples to Muli Samples to get loops lol). Tedious but manageable.

But problem is that my library now has 200+ samples which is not really usable and there is no way to select multiple items or all of them. So I have to remove every of them by hand via context menu -> delete -> reference. Which is not okay.
It would be fantastic to be able to adjust loop section and crossfade like in samplers (or even set it automatically)

Now trying to find in which folder Papid keeps them on my system to hopefully delete them from Finder.
If you're in the oscillator browser right click on your library in the left column. Then select "Browse Library...". Every user library has it's own library.xml. It's relatively simple and open format. If you are experienced with XML you could just edit the text file and then remove the files manually. If that's faster for you.

If the original WAV/RIFF contain loop markers, Rapid will import them too.
But you're right. If there is no loop data, only Multi-Samples can add them for you by checking the "Force Loop" option. Rapid 1.8. added default loops for single-samples too, since it's often convenient for granular samples.
FantasticDUDE wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:38 pm btw When I delete preset there is two options Delete Reference and Delete Sample. If I chose Delete Sample what sample will be deleted?
Sample what I dragged into Rapid from my sample folder of or sample what Rapid saves in Content Folder where it keeps all sounds?
The original file will not be affected. Rapid creates a copy when importing.
Delete Sample : Will delete the imported file in the library folder.
Delete Reference : Will leave the file, but removes the "reference" in your library XML.

Couple of questions of the full version:
I am using the rapid demo version so there are some limitations (like not all samples are included etc). Anyone with the full version? Could you check if there are any pizzicato/pizz sample included?

Also: can you edit the wave forms (like in some synths you can "draw edit" the wave forms)? Could not find this in the demo :?:

Tannaliini wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:14 am Couple of questions of the full version:
I am using the rapid demo version so there are some limitations (like not all samples are included etc). Anyone with the full version? Could you check if there are any pizzicato/pizz sample included?

Also: can you edit the wave forms (like in some synths you can "draw edit" the wave forms)? Could not find this in the demo :?:
no and no

Tannaliini wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:14 am Couple of questions of the full version:
We don't call them pizzicato but plucks. Essentially the same. There are 53 "Plucked" presets. For the full list of Factory Samples take a look here https://parawave-audio.com/factory_sounds_list
Like 349 : FM Pluck 1 for example.

parawave wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:23 pm
We don't call them pizzicato but plucks. Essentially the same. There are 53 "Plucked" presets. For the full list of Factory Samples take a look here https://parawave-audio.com/factory_sounds_list
Like 349 : FM Pluck 1 for example.
Thanks for the info! Is this "349: FM Pluck" something similar to the faithless sound? :D

Tannaliini wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:49 pm Thanks for the info! Is this "349: FM Pluck" something similar to the faithless sound? :D
No, not at all... but as there are enough good samples available and Rapid can import samples you can import them yourself...

For the Faithless sound, you can follow this video to try to replicate it... maybe Parawave can apply this as one of the default multi-samples, using this technique as a freebie, once the pending update is done... or one can do it themselves if they really need it. There is the free online Audio Tool program in addition to a how to on creating this with the included synth, but you could try to apply the same techniques to Dune 2 or Hive 2 for example as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y-mmc8a4Po

https://audiotool.fandom.com/wiki/Famou ... s%27_pluck

Add a heisenberg,
Put the unisono amount to 2,
Set the oscillators A and B to a square wave,
Set the gain of oscillators A and B to 0.000dB,
Enable the tempo synchronization,
On the main envelope, set an attack time of 1/256,
Set an attack bend of 58.36%,
Set an decay time of 1/24 (default),
Set an decay bend of 75.00%,
Set a sustain of 0.00%,
Set a release time of 1/256,
Set a release bend of 75.00%,
Set the cutoff of the main envelope to 100.000%,
Set the filter cutoff to 0.000%,
Link the heisenberg to a stereo enhancer,
Put the tone around 35.92%,
Put the stereo enhancer to 100.000%,
Link the stereo enhancer to a second stereo enhancer,
Put the tone around 66.67%,
Put the stereo enhancer to 100.000%,
Link the second stereo enhancer to a reverb pedal,
Put the room size around 170.00ms,
Put the level around 41.00%,
Play several notes at the same time.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

I dont know if this has been requested besides Venus Theory on his youtube Rapid video, but I want to request being able to FM oscillators. This is kind of super important

Delete

vertibration wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:21 am I dont know if this has been requested besides Venus Theory on his youtube Rapid video, but I want to request being able to FM oscillators. This is kind of super important
Rapid has a regular PM since v1.0 and a "PM from osc" since v1.6 in the osc insert section. PM and FM works in different ways but creates the same results. ;)

Mirko R. wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:10 am
vertibration wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:21 am I dont know if this has been requested besides Venus Theory on his youtube Rapid video, but I want to request being able to FM oscillators. This is kind of super important
Rapid has a regular PM since v1.0 and a "PM from osc" since v1.6 in the osc insert section. PM and FM works in different ways but creates the same results. ;)
Well, no. It can create similar results, but because of the workings it can act quite different and create different results.

Return to “Instruments”