UVI Drone

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Drone

A granular synth, by definition entirely relying on samples, without the option of importing samples:

‘Let me go to the store buy some screws to build that thing here’
‘No, no no you can’t. You can only use these screws here, no matter if you like them or not. You can’t use yours or other types of screws, deal with it.'

https://youtu.be/XxxbT4rNJ1M

I made a pretty brief demonstration of using it along side a track. It's really good for doing underscores and for scoring to film and set video. I was actually surprised how "playable" it was for something bordering on FX and ambient. I was twisting knobs with just my mouse and getting a pretty expressive story.

But you be the judges.
A heaping dose of outrageously goofy synth tracks, scores and chiptunes.

https://raddlandstudios.com
https://youtube.com/NorrinRadd22

Should be realized is products like made especially for those who need almost instant but quite unique results, it's for game/tv/score composers. Imagine, you have a deadline and you better invest your time in composing harmony than in sound-design to death. In that case, plugins like Drone or Softube Parallels just what needed.

I just picked up Drone. I havent had much time with it yet. I get the desire to bring in your own samples. However, there is a lot to be said for Drone without that functionality - having a drone tool with a wide range of built-in samples can be a real time saver. If you've ever worked with similar tools that let you bring in your samples (this may be creating your own effects stack for the purpose of drones) you know that it can sometimes be a chore to find the right samples that work in the way you want. With Drone that work is already done for you. Of course you are constrained by the built-in samples. I think Drone offers enough built-in content that, for me at least, thsi wont be an issue. It also fits in well with UVI's over-all product line.

I can't say too much about the quality and features yet. But in my first 5 minutes of playing around with Drone I think it's a very cool tool. As as 50GB drone sample library AND a bipolar drone tool, I think it's worth the money to me as a creative tool.

plexuss, I thought you already had Falcon... ?

Neon Breath wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:26 pm plexuss, I thought you already had Falcon... ?
This is a library that runs in Falcon.

NI Straylight, walking exactly in the same path, is probably a better option since you can import your own samples.

Neon Breath wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:18 pm NI Straylight, walking exactly in the same path, is probably a better option since you can import your own samples.
Straylight is double the price of Drone's into sale price and it's not a 1:1 product with Drone. I'm fine with Drone. But it's nice to have options. :phones:
Last edited by plexuss on Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Neon Breath wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:18 pm NI Straylight, walking exactly in the same path, is probably a better option since you can import your own samples.
NI plug-ins are not scalable, are they?

Chrisk-K wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:45 pm
No, neither is UVI.

plexuss wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:40 pm
No, neither is UVI.
Falcon is scalable :tu:

exmatproton wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:17 am
No, neither is UVI.
Not really. When a plugin is said to be scalable it implies the entire UI will scale. With Falcon just the plugin window is scalable - the UI elements do not scale.

No, neither is UVI.
Ah yes so it is (I turned it off though because it was causing problems)
Last edited by aMUSEd on Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

plexuss wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:21 pm
No, neither is UVI.
Not really. When a plugin is said to be scalable it implies the entire UI will scale. With Falcon just the plugin window is scalable - the UI elements do not scale.
You can actually scale the elements as well. That is why i posted that here. It is in the settings of the plugin ;)

aMUSEd wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:55 pm
No, neither is UVI.
Only in the same way Kontakt is
No..the whole UI can scale including the elements;
right here.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”