Cytomic "The Scream" stomp box distortion plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Scream

Havok wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:58 am Finally got.round to getting this, had a play around with it last night. Was sat tweaking the "mods" section for about 5 minutes wondering why I couldn't hear any difference before I noticed the mods switch haha :dog: :dog:

Sounds f**king incredible, great work Andy!
Thanks! It is definitely in a league of it's own I think in terms of detail, and this is where things are headed for future products from Cytomic: full schematic based disclosure of what is being modelled, and the ability of change every aspect of the model where possible and hear the changes, and randomise the changes to make different variations on the tone, in stereo.

Don't worry, I did the same thing too with regards the mod, and so have changed it since I also found it confusing. Now there is mod 1 and mod 2, and you can mod either of them. Having two mods is useful if you want to switch between mods during a song with automation without having to use two instances of the plugin.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

Brilliant, thats even more useful now!

can I enjoy the final Scream release before my grandchildren are born?

I'm afraid I just won't have as much time on my hands then.

andy-cytomic wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:26 am it's within a month or two now till I'll have a new beta to share.
This sentence justifies your worries concerning the final version :wink: Nevertheless, it is a very usable plugin already!

say what?! it is still beta even after two months from now? c'mon man. I think it was told it'd be finished by now. it will never be finished, it's a lost cause.

you know what, Audiority announced Green Reaper with all kind of mods, Luca is a terrific programmer, he's got quality code, timely updates and outstanding support, my money he will get. Andy is not getting any from me. I'm tired of waiting, I'm giving up. enough is enough.

if you build one Tube Screamer plugin by the time rocket scientists build a rocket, there's something wrong with you. either you can't figure things out, but you make an impression you can, you are a procrastinator, whatever, but there is literally no excuse. this is not a freaking Santa Barbara TV series. I'm done with this soap opera schmaltz. Andy will be adding these little gimmicks and little this and little that until the end of times, literally. I'm done with this shit.

I think Andy is somewhat of a perfectionist who always likes to push the envelope and provide as much value as he can. The beta version is already fricking awesome, I'm glad I got it.
A well-behaved signature.

ClaviFKER wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:17 pm if you build one Tube Screamer plugin by the time rocket scientists build a rocket, there's something wrong with you. either you can't figure things out, but you make an impression you can, you are a procrastinator, whatever, but there is literally no excuse. this is not a freaking Santa Barbara TV series. I'm done with this soap opera schmaltz. Andy will be adding these little gimmicks and little this and little that until the end of times, literally. I'm done with this shit.
Awww, does someone need their pacifier? What's your deal with a plugin that outclasses the competition, is rock-solid, and gets added value over time? Just because it doesn't say "1.0" on the cover? You made this account just to push your entitlement issues on people? Yuck.

ClaviFKER wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:17 pm say what?! it is still beta even after two months from now? c'mon man. I think it was told it'd be finished by now. it will never be finished, it's a lost cause.

you know what, Audiority announced Green Reaper with all kind of mods, Luca is a terrific programmer, he's got quality code, timely updates and outstanding support, my money he will get. Andy is not getting any from me. I'm tired of waiting, I'm giving up. enough is enough.
Have you tried the Scream though? There's nothing "beta" about it being beta. It works, it saves presets, it doesn't crash my system, it sounds great. AND it has much more features than most (could have said any, but that's not fair) other plugins. Heck, it is on my master buss in place of Nebula, VCC etc.
Have not tried Green Reaper, so can't comment, but ultimately it is which one you prefer soundwise.
IMO Andy's mistake is that "beta" had to be dropped long ago and all the great features he plans to add should be released as version 2.0.
ClaviFKER wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:17 pm if you build one Tube Screamer plugin by the time rocket scientists build a rocket, there's something wrong with you. either you can't figure things out, but you make an impression you can, you are a procrastinator, whatever, but there is literally no excuse. this is not a freaking Santa Barbara TV series. I'm done with this soap opera schmaltz. Andy will be adding these little gimmicks and little this and little that until the end of times, literally. I'm done with this shit.
First, there are excuses. I don't know Andy's situation, but I imagine many small plugin devs have other jobs as well. And family.
Second, he literally doesn't owe you anything. If you've bought the plugin, you should know it works great. If you don't feel free to f*** off.

I stand by my word. People only waited years for Steve Jobs to release a product and the guy couldn't even write code.

Andy is no Steve Jobs, sorry.

I've waited long enough, I've waited patiently for years, but he just can't do it. He just can't. It's ridiculous. Or he struggles with some sort of a paranoia that prevents him from finishing anything, ever.

I'm going with Audiority. Green Reaper will be awesome, will sound awesome, will have all the cool mods, it gonna be Tube Screamer alright.

You guys can wait for Andy to bear a child, if you like. Takes woman 9 months to do it, will probably take Andy 19.

ClaviFKER wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:29 pm I stand by my word.
Do as you please.
ClaviFKER wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:29 pm I'm going with Audiority. Green Reaper will be awesome, will sound awesome, will have all the cool mods, it gonna be Tube Screamer alright.
I hope it is good. The more plugins, the better.
In the meanwhile The Scream IS awesome, DOES sound awesome, HAS all the cool mods (and more), and IS Tube Screamer alright.

ClaviFKER wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:29 pm I stand by my word. People only waited years for Steve Jobs to release a product and the guy couldn't even write code.

Andy is no Steve Jobs, sorry.

I've waited long enough, I've waited patiently for years, but he just can't do it. He just can't. It's ridiculous. Or he struggles with some sort of a paranoia that prevents him from finishing anything, ever.

I'm going with Audiority. Green Reaper will be awesome, will sound awesome, will have all the cool mods, it gonna be Tube Screamer alright.

You guys can wait for Andy to bear a child, if you like. Takes woman 9 months to do it, will probably take Andy 19.
Great, so you don't want to wait for The Scream to be completely 100% finished even though it is already, in it's beta state, one of the best Tube Screamer emulations available. Since you're not interested, could you do us all a favor and not post in this thread anymore?
A well-behaved signature.

I use Cytomic and Audiority both are great.

Like, its already f**king incredible. It is completely usable RIGHT NOW, and if nothing was ever added and this becomes the finished, final version I would be completely happy with it. You have some bizarre issue with the plugin not having 1.0 on it, have you demo'd it? Is there something that you are waiting for that is preventing you from using it now? seriously, what is the problem?

Rumour has it KingOZ has finally agreed to step in and perfect the code... :hail:

Bouroki wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:57 am Rumour has it KingOZ has finally agreed to step in and perfect the code... :hail:
:hyper: :party:

Return to “Effects”