XLN Audio - XO - Improvement, Pros, Cons

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:34 am- Drag and drop wav files from XO to DAW uses extra space on your precious C drive (please help me if I am missing anything here)
ctrl+drag directly from the space (or raw file in export menu) should only render new files if they're from the XO stock library. I expect they're likely encrypted in some way that can't be directly accessed by the DAW, so it has to make a new .wav

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:34 am - Drag and drop wav files from XO to DAW uses extra space on your precious C drive (please help me if I am missing anything here)
I explained this a couple posts above. For drag and drop to work, there needs to be a file so the DAW can load it. It can't pick it up directly from the system clipboard.

yellowmix wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:15 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:34 am - Drag and drop wav files from XO to DAW uses extra space on your precious C drive (please help me if I am missing anything here)
I explained this a couple posts above. For drag and drop to work, there needs to be a file so the DAW can load it. It can't pick it up directly from the system clipboard.
Thanks, but I observed that it is not the same case for all samples. Some samples are getting put in the Documents folder when dragging to DAW whereas some (from any of my NI Expansions) get dragged to the DAW directly from the Expansions folder. Note that all my samples are in the same partition of the hard drive. So, since every sample is actually located in a folder on the hard drive, I wonder why this difference in behaviour.

Make note if they are processed in any way or raw. 1 cent of pitch or 0.1 db will require it to be rendered.

yellowmix wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 7:10 pm Make note if they are processed in any way or raw. 1 cent of pitch or 0.1 db will require it to be rendered.
I think that could be the reason.

Love this but the sequencer really needs new features. It's my go-to at the moment. Layers would be great.

So I'm extremely annoyed. I fired up XO today and all of my presets are gone. My sample folders in XO are out of wack too. It looks kind of like the folder setup I had when I first got XO instead of how I had it more recently. I didn't change anything with my system so I'm kind of pissed. Does anyone know what I can do? Or at least how do I back up my settings and stuff to prevent this in the future?

Edit: It seems that updating the XLN online installer fixed the issue.

If you need to backup old presets/settings, you can find them here: C:\Users\~\Documents\XO

Is there any roadmap planned for XO? Love it and the concept, but it can really be something great w some improvements mentioned in this thread

iowastate89 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:49 pm Is there any roadmap planned for XO? Love it and the concept, but it can really be something great w some improvements mentioned in this thread
I guess they are cooking something but will not release until Algonaut Atlas throw a new version with sequencer + goodies.

Meanwhile XO just received a nice update. Now at 1.2.
I know it is still missing things requested, but I am confident there's lot more coming.

https://www.xlnaudio.com/support/xo-1-2 ... 26th-2020-

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:18 pm Meanwhile XO just received a nice update. Now at 1.2.
I know it is still missing things requested, but I am confident there's lot more coming.

Hopefully we won't have to wait another 4 months.

JiggSaw wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:37 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:18 pm Meanwhile XO just received a nice update. Now at 1.2.

Hopefully we won't have to wait another 4 months.
As long as COVID-19 continues, who knows. ;)

Yeah, nice looking update - I often want to keep auditioning after 15 variations. Filter responsiveness looks good too.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Havent played with this yet but is it able to disregard loops/long files?

SeeingInMidi wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:47 pm Havent played with this yet but is it able to disregard loops/long files?
Yep, seems it does this automatically, and does it pretty well. I let XO scan a massive directory that contains drum hits, but also loops, long sound effects and all kinds of random audio files, and XO pretty consistently picked only the actual drums. It included some single-shot sound FX that kinda sound like drums (footsteps, etc), but then, they might actually be useful in a drumkit. :)

Return to “Instruments”