v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

It was working with 2 ok but when I had 3 it crashed when stopped.
If I send the midi to host instead of sf2 it did not crash with 3 x vst3
Will try more tomorrow with restart.

sj1 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:03 pm Suggestion: A 'Show in Explorer' (i.e. standard Mac or Windows directory window) for phrases in the Phrase Browser would be nice to have.
Done! In the next beta version tomorrow.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

lulukom wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:00 am Hi Attila!
I attached a composition file in which the transport loop does not work (
Ouch! This is fixed now.
Thanks, lulukom!
Attila

:tu:

Recently I was working on exactly this so in the next beta version you will have docked browsers on the right side with some new visual and sound preview options. This has been requested many times, and the time has come for substantial UI rework, in preparation for v4.0.
I hope everyone will like it. :scared:

Thanks,
Attila
lulukom wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:40 pm I know that Attila is very careful about interface changes) but I always wanted to write that it would be nice to create an additional option for displaying inspectors and browsers.
This sliding sidebar (left / right of the main window), the inspector or the browser when you click (or just better when you hover the mouse on the appropriate icon).
Or just move the mouse cursor over the edge of the window - and now the inspector has moved out of the edge of the window from the side. And perhaps the option of embedding inspectors and browsers (as a whole) in the main composition window. Thank .

:clap: :pray: :phones:

The DAW is still working with 3 instances of the RC Plugin sending midi out to the host and not the sf2s.
How many instances did you want to use ?

I need no sf2. i need 4 instances. drums, pad, bass, melody. but when 3 instances really work stable it is ok too. then i can do drums on DAW.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

4 instances seems to be working ok in Reaper, I haven't tried any other DAWs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RapidComposer 3.9b21 is available!

Improvements:
  • The redesigned browsers are docked on the right side: more visual and sound preview possibilities added
  • Fixed: mouse cursor disappeared after selecting a file for MIDI import
  • Rhythm mapping algorithm replaced with a much faster one
  • Reduced memory footprint for tens of thousands of loaded phrases considerably
  • [Windows] 'Show In Explorer' button added to phrase and rhythm properties (right-clicking on a phrase/rhythm in the browser)
  • Fixed: LOOP ignored selected timeline region
  • [VST/VST3/AU] Fixed: the time pointer stopped moving after closing and reopening the plug-in window

looks great.. still have issue with vst3... if fx window closed, it doesn't play via host.. (reaper).. Also, you don't see the browsers while it is inside the FX window.. If you double click RC out of the FX window, it shows..

edit: i can see the browsers in fx window if i drag/resize.. Anyway to make that flex resize? meaning, have the browser visible no matter the window size?

edit: play back issue fixed.. In Reaper, go to the IO pin layout in the FX window and choose output, merge midi buss.. whoo hoo it plays!
Last edited by BluGenes on Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Attila!
Thanks for the new beta!
I really liked the redesign of browsers.
While first impressions are very good, with a few wishes))
1. I don’t see "show / hide elements of certain properties" on the screen and I see only check marks (though I have a fairly large display resolution of 1280 x 800).
2. It would be possible to do well with inspectors the same thing that has been done now with the redesign of browsers. And to make it possible to switch between what we will see on the right side of the screen are browsers or inspectors.
Edited: Or both browser and inspector
Thank.

But I still vote for the ability to play MIDI files in the Browsers RC (those on the HD of computer!))))))))

Hi lulukom,
thanks for the quick feedback!

1. Indeed, the menu is displayed at the wrong position (on macOS) and is not adjusted to be fully visible on the screen. I am fixing this right now.
2. This is what I am planning. You will be able to display
- only the browsers, or
- only the inspectors, or
- both the browsers and inspectors (with adjustable split position)
Like this:

I have a fear though: what if some people prefer the old inspectors?
But I still vote for the ability to play MIDI files in the Browsers RC (those on the HD of computer!))))))))
I could add a MIDI file browser, if there is demand for that.

Thanks,
Attila

Thanks Attila, your plans are wonderful!
As for the preview of MIDI files in the browser, I don’t understand why there is no demand from other users? After all, I want to listen to MIDI files before I transfer them to the RC... Now every time I need to transfer the MIDI file to the RC and make sure that it does not suit me ((( Or search for using the MIDI file player from other manufacturers (But this is a midi-oriented program and all such programs have this opportunity!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”