Arturia VCollection 7 Official thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

SLiC wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:26 am Undo etc seems to work on the instrument GUI's when you open them, not on the macro (AL) controls on Windows?
Was it the same before too? So far I was fiddling with macro knobs and believed they should work with undo and redo. Surprisingly, the undo and redo does not work on the macro knobs even if GUI of respective plugin is open and the parameter you tweak on the GUI is mapped to a macro.

So, I can also confirm that it is working as per what you said. But is it how it should be?

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:52 am Redo and undo isn't working in Analog Lab 4 - standalone as well as VST2/VST3. On Windows 10 here. It is simply undoing and redoing only preset changes. [Also, a couple other things are misbehaving wrt to KeyLab MKII, which I am looking into.]

Anyone else observed this? Thumbs down voter, you?

Anyway, I have reported the issues to Arturia technical support.
Thank you for reporting. It seems that there is a regression indeed here. We are currently investigating it and should have a fix for that very soon.

Kevin [Arturia] wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:06 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:52 am Redo and undo isn't working in Analog Lab 4 - standalone as well as VST2/VST3. On Windows 10 here. It is simply undoing and redoing only preset changes. [Also, a couple other things are misbehaving wrt to KeyLab MKII, which I am looking into.]

Anyone else observed this? Thumbs down voter, you?

Anyway, I have reported the issues to Arturia technical support.
Thank you for reporting. It seems that there is a regression indeed here. We are currently investigating it and should have a fix for that very soon.
Thank you, Kevin. I have sent an email with a few other observations including this to the technical support (Request #637881). These are really important for me, so if you have access to the requests, kindly have a look at my request too.

If I can be of any help, please feel free to PM me.

loaded and tried on OS X. works well. there is a slight improvement in load and unload time on VSTs. I do notice it uses lightly more CPU and RAM when loaded. maybe the new reverb engine. not anything catastrophic.

i just noticed in Analog Lab there is a search for similar presents/patches. it runs some sort of algorythm search and returns a list of other similar presets you have installed you can use. handy. i cant recall if these was there before.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Do Arturia VSTi's have any microtuning capabilities yet outside of Pigments?

I don't know the micro tuning of Pigments, but yes, a number of them have places where I can "tune" each voice slightly different, and pan, and VCF and some other things. I don't think they ALL do that (would be nice), but many do

monomaker wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:24 pm Do Arturia VSTi's have any microtuning capabilities yet outside of Pigments?
Only CMI - you set it up in the editor and only equal temperaments.
It would be nice, if they add microtuning to all their other synths...

monomaker wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:24 pm Do Arturia VSTi's have any microtuning capabilities yet outside of Pigments?
In CMI V, if you enter the screen view, under the "TUNE/MAP" tab, you can change the formula for distributing pitches. Look in the lower left corner of this image I found:

You can change the radicand and the index there.

In Synthi V, there is a wheel that allows you adjust the pitch spread on the keyboard.

Other than those, I am not aware of anything. Piano V doesn't seem to offer all the tuning possibilities that Pianoteq does.

anomandaris1 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:39 pm ...Only CMI...
Sorry, I didn't mean to point to the same thing! I started my post before yours showed up and I didn't see yours.

Arturia releases V Collection 7.2 Performance Update

The development team took the time to listen to feedback from users - Arturia’s passionate community of Sound Explorers - and improved V Collection 7 to meet their needs. With this update, V Collection 7 is more efficient, more inspiring and more streamlined than ever.

What’s new in the Performance Update?

Faster preset changes
The time it takes to change presets has been dramatically cut. Find the perfect sound faster or instantly recall your favourite patches.

Smaller patch installs
If you already have an instrument installed, any future patch update files will be much smaller. This makes Arturia Software Center updates easier and quicker to install.

Custom resources path
All instrument resources can be moved to a folder of your choice. This is useful if you’re working with multiple drives/devices or limited internal storage.

Various Bug fixes
V Collection 7.2 also addresses a number of other performance issues - it’s now simply more stable, efficient, and easy to use.

Improved graphic performance
All instruments in V Collection have had their animations and visuals streamlined. This provides a smoother appearance and ensures less strain on your CPU.

That custom resources path just saved me 12 GB on my SSD :)
More BPM please

While checking the updates for the V-Collection 6 plugins i am currently "stuck" with the Prophet VS plugin and the hybrid synth. I almost forgot how much i loved this which was one of my first Arturia plugins more than 10 years ago. I am not using the Prophet 5 much a i got U-He Repro-5 but the VS and hybrid synth are still awesome.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Thanks guys! No good for me, I need to be able to retune things quickly with SCL or TUN files at the very least.

Ingonator wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:55 pm While checking the updates for the V-Collection 6 plugins i am currently "stuck" with the Prophet VS plugin and the hybrid synth. I almost forgot how much i loved this which was one of my first Arturia plugins more than 10 years ago. I am not using the Prophet 5 much a i got U-He Repro-5 but the VS and hybrid synth are still awesome.
Took me a long time to realise I could use the preset settings from V Collection and rebuild them in Repro, same for Mini V presets and my Boog Model D.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:42 pm my Boog Model D.
You‘re doing Boogie Woogie?

martinjuenke wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:02 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:42 pm my Boog Model D.
You‘re doing Boogie Woogie?
I prefer Bra Model D

Return to “Instruments”