Arturia VCollection 7 Official thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

martinjuenke wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:02 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:42 pm my Boog Model D.
You‘re doing Boogie Woogie?
No, Snide Moogie

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Kudos to Arturia on the nice update! The custom resource path, faster updates, and faster load times are all very appreciated here.

What's this convolution reverb mentioned in the release notes? I can't find anything in any of the synths or in AL. Is it just for specific plugins?

Rogue Trooper wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:31 am What's this convolution reverb mentioned in the release notes? I can't find anything in any of the synths or in AL. Is it just for specific plugins?
Several instruments (the Solina V2 for example) have a convolution reverb.

Finally I can move that 4Gb folder wherever the hell I want :)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Lotuz2019 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:30 am
Rogue Trooper wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:31 am What's this convolution reverb mentioned in the release notes? I can't find anything in any of the synths or in AL. Is it just for specific plugins?
Several instruments (the Solina V2 for example) have a convolution reverb.
Btw I believe those convolution reverbs are the cause of CPU spikes and glitches when I run Arturia plugins in Maschine. Oddly enough even when these are muted. Version 7.2 doesn't seem to have solved this. Anyone else with the same experiences?

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:35 am Finally I can move that 4Gb folder wherever the hell I want :)
No way!!! This is immense :hyper:

Just freed up 7GB on my system drive :clap:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Pigments 2 was just updated. Where I can find the changelogs?

Igro wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:56 am Pigments 2 was just updated. Where I can find the changelogs?
in arturia software center itself, click on pigments 2, i.e. see details, you see a general and release notes tab; the release note tab, of course, has all release notes also from previous versions.
(and set a proper release for your preset, of course...)

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:17 am
VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:35 am Finally I can move that 4Gb folder wherever the hell I want :)

so can we move it to an externel drive? the transfer speed doesn't affect performance of the application?
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:17 am

I just freed up nearly 15Gb!

I had emailed them a few years ago about the install folder.
I had moved it to another drive with a symbolic link but updates wouldnt recognise it and would create a new Arturia folder. Id have to copy and paste things back and forward which was silly.

Ended up buying another SSD because of Arturia.
Was the only folder I needed to relocate but couldnt.

Thanks Arturia :)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I will not update to 7.2. Arturia just had the previous V Collection update, why not wait 2 months with the previous one?

If I updated every single release of my all plugins and libraries, too much of my effective time went just for noodling with these, in stead of making music. Even now so called ”computer administration” is a real time guzzler. :(

Harry_HH wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:19 pm I will not update to 7.2. Arturia just had the previous V Collection update, why not wait 2 months with the previous one?

If I updated every release, too much of my effective time went just for noodling with these, in stead of making music. Even now so called ”computer administration” is a real time guzzler. :(
This is where installation managers are brilliant. Click the update button and go get a coffee, go to the bathroom, walk the dog, etc., then come back and it's done.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:20 pm
Harry_HH wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:19 pm I will not update to 7.2. Arturia just had the previous V Collection update, why not wait 2 months with the previous one?

If I updated every release, too much of my effective time went just for noodling with these, in stead of making music. Even now so called ”computer administration” is a real time guzzler. :(
This is where installation managers are brilliant. Click the update button and go get a coffee, go to the bathroom, walk the dog, etc., then come back and it's done.
Of course I have all these ”managers” - I can drink coffe, walk the dog, fuc• the wife etc., but if I have reserved a time slot for making music/producing, I will do that. Otherwise it won’t be done.

Return to “Instruments”