Arturia VCollection 7 Official thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

wife! to the bedroom! my mini moog is updating!

vurt wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:28 pm wife! to the bedroom! my mini moog is updating!
:hihi:
If one has many wives they can be referred to as a V collection.
Last edited by Mushy Mushy on Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Harry_HH wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:19 pm I will not update to 7.2. Arturia just had the previous V Collection update, why not wait 2 months with the previous one?

If I updated every single release of my all plugins and libraries, too much of my effective time went just for noodling with these, in stead of making music. Even now so called ”computer administration” is a real time guzzler. :(
I just clicked update and carried on with my business.
All my Arturia plugins were updated with no extra input from me.
This process 'guzzled' a few seconds of my time.
Do you like to count the bytes as theyre being installed or something?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:29 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:28 pm wife! to the bedroom! my mini moog is updating!
:hihi:
If one has many wifes they can be referred to as a V collection.
if one has many wives i doubt one is allowed synths and hobbies :o
or that one would have the energy for such things.

vurt wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:31 pm if one has many wives i doubt one is allowed synths and hobbies :o
or that one would have the energy for such things.
True, there's always a flaw in my plan.

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:30 pm
Harry_HH wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:19 pm I will not update to 7.2. Arturia just had the previous V Collection update, why not wait 2 months with the previous one?

If I updated every single release of my all plugins and libraries, too much of my effective time went just for noodling with these, in stead of making music. Even now so called ”computer administration” is a real time guzzler. :(
Great if you feel, that the so called total computer administration (all plugins, libraries, OS installations, purchases, account creations, updates, upgrade, repairs etc.) and the net output (effective work done, music, production etc.), are in balance.

I don’t, and that’s the whole point. Rest is bullshit.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:32 am Kudos to Arturia on the nice update! The custom resource path, faster updates, and faster load times are all very appreciated here.
Is the custom resource path implemented for all the instruments, including Analog Lab?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Harry_HH wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:22 pm

Great if you feel, that the so called total computer administration (all plugins, libraries, OS installations, purchases, account creations, updates, upgrade, repairs etc.) and the net output (effective work done, music, production etc.), are in balance.

If the updates are worth it (subjective), then i will update ofcourse. I mean, if it can enhance the experience, then i don't care if it takes a couple of minutes.

Other people 'plan' update "days", where they dedicate a couple of hours on a day to do all the administration.

Either way is fine ofcourse :wink:

exmatproton wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:46 pm
Harry_HH wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:22 pm

If the updates are worth it (subjective), then i will update ofcourse. I mean, if it can enhance the experience, then i don't care if it takes a couple of minutes.

Other people 'plan' update "days", where they dedicate a couple of hours on a day to do all the administration.

Either way is fine ofcourse :wink:
What is relevant, is the total balance.

Total balance =
total time spent with music, production etc./
total time spent with computer administration related to the DAW, incl. purchases

My point: there is an imbalance.
My reaction: increase the divident, and cut the divider, whenever you can.

I'm REALLY struggling to see the issue here.

You know, via this thead, there is an update. You can decide to install it or not. If so, take literally 20 seconds to open the plugin manager, click the update button and get on with whatever non-music activity you had previously planned during that moment. Then come back whenever that's done (20 mins, an hour, a day, whatever) and turn the computer off.
Last edited by Mushy Mushy on Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

there is a prophecy of one who will bring balance to the upgrade/productivity matter.

People will always find a reason to bitch. Especially on the internet. On KVR, make it double.
A well-behaved signature.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:05 pm I'm REALLY struggling to see the issue here.

You know, via this thead, there is an update. You can decide to install it or not. If so, take literally 20 seconds to open the plugin manager, click the update button and get on with whatever non-music activity you had previously planned during that moment. Then come back whenever that's done (20 mins, an hour, a day, whatever) and turn the computer off.
Of course you decide. Why are you struggling?

But this is a discussion forum - my contribution to the discourse and regards to the developers
1. Devolopers should combine updates near each other, if possible
2. In generally the computer administration takes too big share, every sigle second diminishing it, is a way to the positive direction.

Some people just see bitching everywhere (unless they aren't doing it themselves).

Of course arguing the toss on here for hours is obviously valuable scheduled work.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:33 pm Of course arguing the toss on here for hours is obviously valuable scheduled work.
See this an investment for the future.

Return to “Instruments”