What guitar gear have you bought/are you buying/will you buy?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I’m probably going to buy a Strymon Volante. I’ve been considering one for a long time, but I went for a Expressive E Touché and Valhalla Delay (both brilliant) because I loved the Valhalla plugin and the midi synced S-O-S mode tipped me over the edge. It’s super fun to map Delay’s parameters to the One thing I don’t have is a good tape delay that goes before the “amps” in my Kemper, which is a sound that I always liked. The Kemper delay is fine, but it’s a far cry from a great tape/drum emulation.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

The Noodlist wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 4:05 pm
cptgone wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:26 pm There you go:
Any ground lift or noisy pedals, and solutions.
I use the ground lift of my Lehle P-Split II, since an added pedal caused noise. Worked like a charm.
(I use the P-Split to record wet AND dry signal)

Everything went well (occasional troubleshooting aside - I have cats, etc) until a few months ago, eversince that some frequencies hum along (a standing wave? A lot of music know how has faded from my mind during my absence from music). Not feeling well enough to sort it out, I've been cutting extreme high frequencies in my DAW, to get rid of the (soft but annoying) whine.

One pedal (cheap Behringer chorus) I got rid off, at extreme settings it would introduce a whine even while switched off.

Having my pedals organised in 8 separate loops helps tremendously while troubleshooting.

Bought too many, sold so many... but my next delay/echo will be Catalinbread Echorec.
Optimal number of audio plugins is one more than you currently have.

Fun fact:
- I have 2 pedalboards for sale
- I have 2 further pedalboards I'd like to put for sale
- I bought a further 3 pedalboards in the last few weeks
(In case you wonder, I'm upgrading and expanding, and came across 1 b-stock and 1 used board)

Ordered 2 tiny Mooer ABY pedals.
I'd like to rout my synth effect pedal bus through the final of my guitar pedalboards: the one with the FSU pedals :hyper:
I like how these pedals supposedly don't need power (except for the LED).

I bought one these, just to compare with internal piezo pickups, the soundhole pickup I've got, and the clip on mic with a bracket.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Schaller-Passi ... 004YD67AQ/

Pretty nice sound actually, better than the first two, but obviously not as natural as the mic, but less hassle. Sounds nice blended with a mic'd signal. Worth the money definitely.

Just got me a Roland JC-40 :) got a sweet deal on it, $450 brand new. Musicians, use Honey if you aren't already! Sweetest tones and the chorus is to DIE for... quiet enough for in home use or gigging. Mwah. :love:
Need a good overdrive for it though, the on board one is trash. The new walrus audio ages is looking REALLY good right about now. Sucks that my job is out till the pandemic blows over.
Personally I like to save and buy what I REALLY want and know I'm going to use forever. Curious to hear anyone's opinions on that, buying gear dream gear by saving for a while vs buying something a little cheaper that gets the job done and maybe selling it later.

^ I effing love the sound of Roland JC stereo - total "dream gear"-level amp
particularly love the sound of my naughty strat into the JC !
peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

the only new thing I've gotten in the last couple of months are new tuners, new saddle, bridgeplate and new pins for the cheap Yamaha acoustic
wish me luck
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

The Key - Floyd Rose intonation setting tool off Ebay. Also available on Amazon.
ImageHopefully this will save some heartache.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

I picked up an SD JB for the neck Position of my epi Joe Pass and replaced the standard tailpiece with a finger style one.

Night and Day.
The tone is full rich and alive. The fingerstyle tailpiece is heavier with better sympathetic response and I'm able to get a lower action using lighter strings that dont' get floppy.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

tapper mike wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:04 am I picked up an SD JB for the neck Position of my epi Joe Pass and replaced the standard tailpiece with a finger style one.

Night and Day.
The tone is full rich and alive. The fingerstyle tailpiece is heavier with better sympathetic response and I'm able to get a lower action using lighter strings that dont' get floppy.
I have JB in my Tokai Love Rock, it does seem like a balanced pickup, especially with the right amp.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

cptgone wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:26 pm Ordered 2 tiny Mooer ABY pedals.
I'd like to rout my synth effect pedal bus through the final of my guitar pedalboards: the one with the FSU pedals :hyper:
Mission accomplished, with a Mosky Loop Box pedal and said passive-if-you-like Mooer ABY pedals.
I introduced my DFAM to my Tensor and Ottobit and pervily eavesdropped on the threesome's crescendo of sex noises.

Those 3 cheap tiny pedals may save my wallet from buying FSU pedals twice.

cptgone wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:11 am
cptgone wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:26 pm Ordered 2 tiny Mooer ABY pedals.
Mission accomplished, with a Mosky Loop Box pedal and said passive-if-you-like Mooer ABY pedals.
I introduced my DFAM to my Tensor and Ottobit and pervily eavesdropped on the threesome's crescendo of sex noises.

Those 3 cheap tiny pedals may save my wallet from buying FSU pedals twice.
i dont have tensor (never in stock when im on pedal hunts) but the meris ottobit, i bought that preordered within 2 mins of the first video :o
still love the bastard :love: he destroys so beautifully :D
seriously, play the guitar with spoons or something, it sounds awesome :wheee:

also, if you want fsu, earthquaker data corrupter.
you can thank me when your ears stop screaming :)

Return to “Guitars”