Arturia OB-Xa V

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OP-Xa V

Lucastyle wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:02 pm Is the a way to bypass all effects at once?

I can't seem to fina way to do this and the manual doesn't seem to mention anything, thanks!
You could attach a macro (modwheel for instance) to the dry/wet knobs of the fx. Other then that there is no way a.f.a.i.k.

exmatproton wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:34 am
Lucastyle wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:02 pm Is the a way to bypass all effects at once?
I can't seem to fina way to do this and the manual doesn't seem to mention anything
You could attach a macro (modwheel for instance) to the dry/wet knobs of the fx. Other then that there is no way a.f.a.i.k.
Yep. The only other way would be to have an actual MIDI controller, and assign button(s) to the on/off for each of the 3 parts.

I can't seem to fina way to do this and the manual doesn't seem to mention anything, thanks!
you could just use OBXD, it doesnt have any effects. :idea:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

exmatproton wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:34 am

Thanks

There's an update available:

Improvements:
Faster preset loading time, especially in AU, VST3 and AAX
Interface loading is now faster
Animations are now smoother
Animations CPU consumption is now reduced
New convolution reverb engine
VST3 presets now supported
A pop-up is now shown when instruments vst/au/aax and system files are mismatching

New features:
Added 1999 keys preset
Presets are now NKS compliant

Bug fixes:
Remove / replace an instrument no longer crashes Logic 10.5.1
Midi Learn now works after clicking on Delete Current Config
Resize the user interface is not fluid and doesn't lead to a blank screen anymore
No more animation glitches when opening the advanced panel
Control + click is now supported on all Mac models.
Factory presets can now be saved in playlists
No more crashes in Logic Pro 10.5.1
No more stocks notes when using sustain pedals.
No more audio glitches when tweaking the master volume knob

There is a bug in the update installer that NKS is not working for OB-Xa. NKS-Files are installed but path is not added neither to maschine nor komplete kontrol. Full installer is working.
Please fix.

tomtom1234 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:53 pm There is a bug in the update installer that NKS is not working for OB-Xa. NKS-Files are installed but path is not added neither to maschine nor komplete kontrol. Full installer is working.
Please fix.
They were added for me - have you tried a manual rescan of the database?

tomtom1234 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:53 pm There is a bug in the update installer that NKS is not working for OB-Xa. NKS-Files are installed but path is not added neither to maschine nor komplete kontrol. Full installer is working.
Please fix.
I noticed that too and was able to fix it by adding the correct path in the registry at:

Code: Select all

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\Arturia-OB-Xa V
The key named InstallVST64Dir was blank so I just copy/pasted the path from one of my other Arturia plugins. After that the presets appeared in both Maschine and Komplete Kontrol, and they work perfectly.

I guess that was a Windows bug then

layzer wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:11 amyou could just use OBXD, it doesnt have any effects. :idea:
Unfortunately it needs effects, because it sounds like garbage without them (and yet no amount of lipstick will hide the fact that it’s a pig).
Stormchild

funny. if it sounds like garbage to you, you probably dont know how to program synths.
its sound is on par with any other OBX emu out there, sound design is a valuable skill.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Bought this OB-Xa V! How about it? Sounds great! Love it. Enjoying it. Bumping this for the LOVE-IN. :D Put OPX, OBXAV, Obsess, and Diva side by side. All sound great, all just different, and I am enjoying this as part of the Arturia family. Lots of voice detunes and spreads, just sounds great.

Programming is a talent. And not everyone who thinks they are good at it, are.
rsp
sound sculptist

layzer wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:20 pm funny. if it sounds like garbage to you, you probably dont know how to program synths.
its sound is on par with any other OBX emu out there, sound design is a valuable skill.
Okay champ.
Stormchild

Arashi wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:34 pm
layzer wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:11 amyou could just use OBXD, it doesnt have any effects. :idea:
Unfortunately it needs effects, because it sounds like garbage without them (and yet no amount of lipstick will hide the fact that it’s a pig).
Yeah, it was worth the original asking price, but not much more. Sorry, I’m with you on this one. Lackluster.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Instruments”