Cubase 10: Secondary (or substitute) fader control.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, i find this topic interesting and i've no experience in mixing ; just want to understand the common techniques : what's preventing us to bounce the tracks at this point, i mean before making this "final" mixing ? Would't this solve these problems by giving a new fresh automation lane ?
Thank you.

askoan wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:17 pm what's preventing us to bounce the tracks at this point
The track is still a work in progress and too early to commit full channels to audio.
askoan wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:17 pmWould't this solve these problems by giving a new fresh automation lane ?
Thank you.
I don't want a new automation lane, I want one automation lane and one fixed gain.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:36 am Is there, in effect. a secondary fader control somewhere hidden?

Therefore by default when creating a new insrument/audio track I put Khz Gain at the very end and automate that instead. I can then change the track level on the channel fader immediately to balance the mix later.

This approach works fine but I wonder if I'm missing some functionality 'in-house'.
You could use Channel Pre-Gain function in the mixer (you need to activate Pre-Filters/Gains/Phase in Racks sub menu in the upper right corner of the mixer) and there will appear PRE section in the mixer. It will work the same as Khz Gain, but I believe it is pre-fx. Anyway it could work for you. Trim automation is another option as mentioned above.
System: i7-14700k / 64Gb / RME UFX / Focal SM9 / NI S61 / Push 2
Synths: Sub 37, Boomstar 4075, NL4, Analog Keys, Prophet-6

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”