Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Unify (Standard Edition)

Does unify have a built in bit bridge for using 32 bit vst's in a 64 bit host?

Doc Brown wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:17 pm Does unify have a built in bit bridge for using 32 bit vst's in a 64 bit host?
No...although it is J-Bridge ready if you have that.

dionenoid wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:04 pm Yeah great that they continue to update. But it wouldn't harm sending a mail to customers to inform them about an update ;)

Oh, and 1 issue : When you switch size and the ui grows out of bounds, there's no way to switch it back. Maybe put the "settings" button on top, like all other plug-ins do...
Believe it or not, we don't actually have a mailing list for sending to ALL customers. We're still working on that.

Thanks for letting us know about the UI size issue. I'll look into a clean way to fix this. In the meantime, two suggestions:
  1. Double-click on window title to set size to fit screen (may not work in all DAWs)
  2. If all else fails, close all instances of Unify, locate the Unify.settings file (see https://pluginguru.net/unify/manual/dok ... es-folders), open in a text editor, and reset the "guiScaleFactor" entry to "1.0".

tony10000 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:20 pm
Doc Brown wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:17 pm Does unify have a built in bit bridge for using 32 bit vst's in a 64 bit host?
No...although it is J-Bridge ready if you have that.
Gotcha. Thanks.

dionenoid wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:04 pm Yeah great that they continue to update. But it wouldn't harm sending a mail to customers to inform them about an update ;)

Oh, and 1 issue : When you switch size and the ui grows out of bounds, there's no way to switch it back. Maybe put the "settings" button on top, like all other plug-ins do...
I sent out an update to my MailChimp subscribers - If you're not signed up, here's the link:

http://eepurl.com/djq-Q9

I also have a huge header at the PlugInGuru.com website. I have a lot of promotion to create but I'm only 1 person so I appreciate a little space to get everything completed. Just so we're clear, I DID send out a mail but you HAVE to be subscribed and confirmed to the mailing list - I don't just spam every customer that shows up at my site. So please sign up and verify to get our communications.

Kind regards,
John Lehmkuhl
• Sound Designer / Programmer for Korg Synthesizers
• Custom Sounds 4 Sale (Massive, FM8, Stylus RMX) and Free Video Tutorials PlugInGuru.com.

Hi John -- I'm subscribed to that list and did not get the update email. Just now after reading your above post I went to that link and when I tried to sign up it said I'm already subscribed.

I received the update e-mail from ilio some days ago! This time everything went fine!

realkuhl wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:10 am

I sent out an update to my MailChimp subscribers - If you're not signed up, here's the link:

http://eepurl.com/djq-Q9

I also have a huge header at the PlugInGuru.com website. I have a lot of promotion to create but I'm only 1 person so I appreciate a little space to get everything completed. Just so we're clear, I DID send out a mail but you HAVE to be subscribed and confirmed to the mailing list - I don't just spam every customer that shows up at my site. So please sign up and verify to get our communications.

Kind regards,
John Lehmkuhl
Okay, did that now. Maybe add that subscribe link at the account page in the future ?
More BPM please

getdunne wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:48 pm Thanks for letting us know about the UI size issue. I'll look into a clean way to fix this. In the meantime, two suggestions:
  1. Double-click on window title to set size to fit screen (may not work in all DAWs)
  2. If all else fails, close all instances of Unify, locate the Unify.settings file (see https://pluginguru.net/unify/manual/dok ... es-folders), open in a text editor, and reset the "guiScaleFactor" entry to "1.0".
Yeah nothing worked, had to restart my daw and that helped, luckily i didn't save :) But thanx for the advice, maybe for next time.

The cleanest way to fix it would be to put the "settings" knob somewhere on top of the screen, because the top of the gui always stays in sight if i'm not mistaken...not a biggie, just thinking practical here.

Appreciate all the updates tho. :tu:
More BPM please

there hasnt been a "big thing" in electronic music since
FM synthesis. :roll:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:08 am there hasnt been a "big thing" in electronic music since
FM synthesis. :roll:
Unify is a game changer!

tony10000 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:42 am Unify is a game changer!
scrabble? dominoes? hungry hungry hippos?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Unify seems based on NetVST. I could run NetVST in wine on a Mac and get that way a single Windows vst running inside Logic. But it was a hassle to setup and it allowed a single instance.
If Unify wants to be a big thing, it should seamless run windows VSTs on a Mac...
I didn’t really looked too deep into it, as Bitwig has almost all of Unifys features natively built in except for hosting windows plugins...; - )

Tj Shredder wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:08 pm Unify seems based on NetVST. I could run NetVST in wine on a Mac and get that way a single Windows vst running inside Logic. But it was a hassle to setup and it allowed a single instance.
If Unify wants to be a big thing, it should seamless run windows VSTs on a Mac...
I didn’t really looked too deep into it, as Bitwig has almost all of Unifys features natively built in except for hosting windows plugins...; - )
Unify is not based on NetVST. The only connection is that I'm the author of both. Future versions of Unify may have some NetVST technology built in, but I'm not convinced this is the best approach. Future versions of NetVST (if I ever get time to work on it) will provide simpler access to multiple Windows VST instances on Mac. If that's what you're looking for, Unify is not for you.

Ah, thanks for the clarification... Still, a dll wrapper based on wine would sell like hot cakes, I imagine something like winebottler for vst...

Return to “Instruments”