How To Use Cakewalk by Bandlab - misc. threads consolidated

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
planetearth
KVRAF
1759 posts since 10 Jul, 2006 from Tampa

Post Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:02 pm

bibz1st wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:17 am
Hi, Ive got 8 instances of the same synth vst in a project but every now and then the synth ui stops responding, the project still plays ok but I cant alter any of the synth controls. Have I accidentally clicked something or is this a known issue? The synth in question is Linplug FreeAlpha 64 bit
It could be an issue with that plug-in if that's the only one that exhibits this behavior. I know that's a fairly old one, and I don't have a copy to test it.

Another issue could be low system resources if it happens with more than one plug-in. But without knowing how much RAM and how many processors you have (among other specs), that would be difficult to diagnose.

Steve
Listen to some of my stuff here: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife.

bibz1st
KVRAF
1711 posts since 29 Mar, 2013

Re: How To Use Cakewalk by Bandlab - misc. threads consolidated

Post Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:02 am

Thanks, don't think its resources, there's only those 8 synths and 1 wav file. I guess I can always replace Alpha, like you said its getting on a bit now so maybe there's something that just doesn't play nice with cakewalk.
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

planetearth
KVRAF
1759 posts since 10 Jul, 2006 from Tampa

Post Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:42 pm

bibz1st wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:02 am
Thanks, don't think its resources, there's only those 8 synths and 1 wav file. I guess I can always replace Alpha, like you said its getting on a bit now so maybe there's something that just doesn't play nice with cakewalk.
Well, if it was just the synth, it would do it with one instance. Eight instances of a synth that isn't coded well could definitely put a strain on the resources, especially when it comes to graphics.

Steve
Listen to some of my stuff here: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife.

bibz1st
KVRAF
1711 posts since 29 Mar, 2013

Post Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:12 am

Maybe but I just made the same project (as near as anyway) in Mulab and Alpha didnt miss a beat so not really sure if its a Cakewalk or Alpha that dont like one another. Its ok though, its not a big problem.
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

VELLTONE MUSIC
KVRian
884 posts since 19 Sep, 2017 from Galaxy far away

Re: How To Use Cakewalk by Bandlab - Console and ProChannel Basics

Post Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:21 pm

wetdentist wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:15 am
Pro Channel modules are not VSTs, but i love them anyway
Pro Channel modules are way better than most vst,especially for mastering,not sure what's technology used but its high quality.Cheers :)

creativesauce
KVRist
112 posts since 7 Feb, 2019

Post Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:18 am

Hi folks! Would you like to make you vocals thicker sounding? I have taken this concept by Warren Huart from Produce Like a Pro, and adapted it for Cakewalk by Bandlab!

WATCH HERE: https://youtu.be/mdBR0upbmCg

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”