Unfiltered Audio Effects

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just recently came across the Unfiltered Audio effects, particularly spec ops seems very impressive in the different kind of things you can do with it.

Just wondering about the various ways people here use spec ops, or even Ident, sandman...?
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YER MEAT!?

hmm, I was wondering which FX would be good as a stutter/glitch sort of plugin that would give quite a good nr of available options, - I believe the Triad or Byome would be quite capable - do you use them on one shot samples? Many Thx 4 replies in Adv.
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

I find the most interesting part of Spec Ops is actually the boring-looking FFT settings at the left-hand side. You can degrade the audio in interesting ways with different FFT sizes, windows and sample rates; this also impacts the way the effects behave.

SpecOps can do a lot. Some of it doesn't sound good, and it can have byproduct/artifact sound on occasion. But I use it to sound design, changing sounds in subtle ways or drastic ways. I just posted about it yesterday--someone made a thread asking about it. Don't overlook putting it on vocals. I saw a video on Youtube some time ago where a guy went into depth with some nice tips (can't recall title/guy).
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

UA stuff is all good but often takes effort to understand - but worth the effort. Only buy when on insane deals

fairlyclose wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:02 pm Only buy when on insane deals
Like now (33 hours of the sale left)
https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... =productAZ

thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:30 pm
their spot sales can go even cheaper than that

fairlyclose wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:34 pm
There's an extra $20 off with this code: MEGA-SALE-20-OFF
That's Indent 2 & Sandman for free ...

- quick q, :help:

I have seen here a lot of PA plugins for sale..Lets say I'll buy from 3 diff sellers - 5 plugins -
I'll need to pay 100$ fee and will get 50% off transfer so $50 right? Will that apply if I got
the plugins from all the different sellers? Will the plugins seat inactive in my acc until I activate 'em for unlimited time? I guess I will also be able to activate them 1 by 1 whenever I want ?
and one more q - if there is a valid voucher available in the future [lets say for 20$ off] I'll be able to add it to basket and reduce the fee even more - down to 30$ [based on 5 transferred] RIGHT ???

many questions but I'd appreciate any valid replies. Thanks a million !!!
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

yes to everything :)

I love to create noisy drums with Dent 2. Great distortion plugin. Cheap and powerful.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:46 pm
fairlyclose wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:34 pm
There's an extra $20 off with this code: MEGA-SALE-20-OFF
That's Indent 2 & Sandman for free ...
Thought about getting one of them, but then decided to get the bx_meter for free... seriously, those UA GUI's are so butt ugly for me that I can't imagine using them at all. And that comes from someone who surely isn't the most aesthetic when it comes to software GUI design. Worst GUI's ever for me. It's unfortunate, because, I really feel like it's the main thing putting me off from even trying them, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks so.

I got 'Zip' (the compressor) for $10 today using the sale code (MEGA-SALE-20-OFF) and I have to say I am seriously impressed, this is one of the most interesting and creative compressors I have come across, and it sounds great. I completely missed this when it came out!

https://youtu.be/TwJ_YRU6Dw4
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:43 pm I got 'Zip' (the compressor) [...] I have to say I am seriously impressed, this is one of the most interesting and creative compressors I have come across, and it sounds great.
I'd be curious to get some tips on the best way to use it, because i have demoed it a couple days ago and was still quite underwhelmed (while most UA plugins are rather innovative and powerful, i didn't find anything special with ZIP).

SpecOps is all about the freezer effects and how the subsequent tones can be manipulated for me. I particularly like freezing a tone then 'blowing it up' with the clipper module. It creates a peculiar distortion where the timbre slowly becomes rougher and more 'metallic', morphing toward something between pure noise and a cymbal crash. You can hear it as one of the layers in the segment transition in this mix starting at 15:40. The random freeze module is slowly introduced, a quick bit of down-up automation ends the freeze on the segment I want, then I slowly ramp up the clipper in tandem with the other layers. https://www.mixcloud.com/kamikaze/just- ... ity-queen/

Don't ignore G8 either. The 'reject outputs' essentially let you split a sound by amplitude across 2 tracks (with perfect lossless summing) and this opens huge creative avenues. This method in conjunction with the one-shot gate mode gets you some way toward Eventide Physion territory (i.e. the ability to process transients and body separately) on highly dynamic material like drums.

Return to “Effects”