Ircam Lab TS - Have you tried it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fairlyclose wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:51 am
RikkShow wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:27 am Flux Ircam Trax is the VST of this (Transformer ). But it priced a bit silly at 400 bucks. Sure cool tech, but very limited use imo.
thanks, yeah that is a laughable price. (checked a video of TRAX - much more powerful and involved than TS )
they have a sale now and then on the Ircam Studio bundle which is Trax, VerbV3, VerbSessionsV3. I think around $299 for the bundle when the sale happens. I'd imagine it comes up cheaper on black friday or whatever..

https://shop.flux.audio/en_US/products/ircam-studio

TS is an excellent program for realistic stretching and transposing. Not conceived for a "creative" use, like PaulStretch or HourGlass or the like, but, in my experience, absolutely one of the best if your purpose is to transpose or stretch a sample without changes in the timbre and without altering the initial transient. It's very precise; one can enter the exact cents for transposition and the exact percentage for stretching and transpose the formants to control the timbre. The timbre can be remixed by emphasizing (or diminishing) the transient, the tonal component or the noise component. I was very happy when I managed to buy it some time ago. (Yes, the technology is not recent and comes ultimately from the old AudioSculpt – and this is probably because IRCAM is basically an educational and research center – towards which I feel affection, I confess – and not primarily a software house: their resources to produce software are limited.) Trax is also the best software I have for experimenting on elaborations on voice (and instrumental) samples; something very useful, in my case, and of great quality – and it does also sound morphing very well. About using it often or not: we are all different, so it probably depends on the kind of music one does: personally, I will certainly use TS and Trax much more than a cabinet simulator, a saturator/distortion, a preamp, a Rhodes electric piano simulator, an "automatic" analyzer of chord or scales, or a drum machine (all examples of softwares I never use)…

so would it be better than Melodyne or the various elastique programmes built into aome DAWs for simple transpose / stretch?
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

No discount for actual V1 customers?

Fail. No thanks, no way I'll pay twice for that.

Neon Breath wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:52 pm No discount for actual V1 customers?

Free upgrade according to Don't Crack.

V2 is a free upgrade. It authorises with the same serial number.

That's good news then.

My bad. And thanks for the info.

Just trying out the new version and it has many improvements and lots of added functionality.
The stretching is very good but the exported file was glitchy and warbling while it sounded great in the app.
Might be user error, I will have to test it again.
One thing I really miss and I asked for is a bars and beats grid option to snap edit points to, it seems like an obvious thing to have in an app like this but AFAICT there is no way to do it. Seriously limits the editing functionality IMO.

zyzygis wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:11 pmThe stretching is very good
It always was, albeit within a certain range. Have they now expanded the stretching into 'creative' territories, a la PaulStretch?

Cheers :tu:

I haven’t tried extreme stretching yet, my main interest at the moment is in subtle tempo changes in song sections.
I will try more extreme later and report back.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:23 pm
It always was, albeit within a certain range. Have they now expanded the stretching into 'creative' territories, a la PaulStretch?

No, they've reduced it. You could do 100* in v1 but only 10* in v2 as far as I can determine.

zyzygis wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:33 pm I haven’t tried extreme stretching yet, my main interest at the moment is in subtle tempo changes in song sections.
I will try more extreme later and report back.
:tu:

lnikj wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:37 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:23 pm

No, they've reduced it. You could do 100* in v1 but only 10* in v2 as far as I can determine.
That's a shame :scared:

Thanks!

Neon Breath wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:52 pm No discount for actual V1 customers?

How do you discount free? ;)

Return to “Effects”