One Synth Challenge #137: HY-Poly by HY-Plugins ( Peter:H Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Submissions: https://soundcloud.com/kvrosc/sets/osc-137-hy-poly-free

Click here to Vote! (Open to all at KVR who entered or have 40+ posts)

Welcome to the One Synth Challenge #137! It's a friendly music competition where you can win cool prizes but most importantly, meet amazing musicians, and learn a lot about mixing, sound design, and more! :)

Note: If you want to help report bugs, there is a HY kvr thread here.

Want a chat room with other OSCers? Join our slack here

The free version is very powerful, with dual osc - morphs between shapes, sync, sub osc, and a lot more. :party:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snqa5cN0Oow

Prizes:
(Would you like to be a sponsor / prize donor? Contact me via PM or go ahead and post your intended donation here! Get a cool mention on our donator wall of honor)

Special Note:
We are offering a secondary prize (on top of the normal prize): FXB Project, or JRR Shop (Uncle E)

NEW Additional Bonus Prize!
For the first Single Instance entry to make the top 5 a small cash bonus of $30. (note: this prize may be carried forward to selected OSC challenges until it is won)

discoDSP : 1 copy of Discovery (Up to 2 winners may choose this)

KV331 Audio : Bundle of Synthmaster One + Synthmaster 2.x!

Dmitry Sches : Tantra Multi-Effect + 3 Expansions

Dmitry Sches : Diversion

SoundGym : 6 Month Subscription. (SoundGym is a
"technological, personalized and gamified audio learning environment")

Sonimus : Any one Plugin (1 license given away per month, max 3 in persons lifetime)

JRR Sounds: Any 1 soundset (This is a secondary prize, you may pick it as well as your main prize)

Synthmorph: Any 1 soundset

Audio Thing : Outer Space (vintage tape echo plugin)

NUSofting : 1 Copy of Modelonia v2 Synthesizer

JRR Shop : UVI: Digital Synsations (vintage 90's synth sample library and player)

Touch The Universe Productions: LuSH-101 Cloud Layers soundset

The FXB Project by alvfaria : 1 commercial sound bank as an extra prize on top of the regular first prize. See the main site here

Guda Audio : Euterpe XL

Abstract Cats Music : AbiTron Bank for Synthmaster

satYatunes : One of any commercial product

Xenos Soundworks : Choice of any 1 product

Ghostwave Audio : Any two soundsets of Choice

Twolegs Toneworks : Any one soundset

The Unfinished : Any two soundsets of Choice

Rob Lee Music : A soundset for either: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune. Unfortunately his main site is down, but if you still want these, let us know!

Luftrum : One soundset free of choice.

Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures)

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: Any 2 Soundsets of choice from the website (Uplifting Trance Presets)

Studio 13.37: Pro audio studio on a USB stick

Pooya Payvar (Stonail) : 1 custom made Max for [Ableton] Live: controller, midi or audio effect

Mulperi : 1 Soundbank of Choice

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : Enchantment Of Absynth Trilogy

Bluff Munkey - 2 soundsets of choice

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice (except for the Future Chill and Space Trips expansions)

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Questions? Comments? Concerns? You want some love? Just post here in this thread :)

Want to try out your skills in other contests / competitions /challenges?
  • DiHalt Demoscene competitions - Developers may be looking for artists to make music.
  • Indaba - Has a mix of popular and indie artists with various contests like remixing and song writing.
  • Mix Challenge - Join monthly recurring Songwriting Competitions (with a new theme/genre every month) and/or Mix(ing) Challenges (mixing multi-tracks from scratch). Win prizes!
  • Open Source Music Nexus Challenge - From the people who brought you the FM Challenge last year!
  • Skio Music Contests - Lots of remixes you can join (Mostly EDM) - big prizes.
Last edited by bjporter on Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.

First! (Always wanted to do this)

Seems like Christmas and Easter close together when thinking of Odin and now HY-Poly. Two capable Synths ... wow. Hopefully we do not get spoiled kids. We should have a synth like noisetar in August.

I'm thinking about giving this 'OSC' thing everybody's talking about a shot this month. Synth sounds really nice from what I hear

Yeah @Wavewarden, will be good to have you on board ... remember to read the rules! Main one is to NOT use modulating FX too strongly which change the "character and sound" of the synth too drastically - e.g. a heavy phaser/distortion/fuzzbox etc! For the current challenge, only free 3rd party fx may be used! (For some challenges we are "allowed" to use paid for fx!)

Good luck, look forward to hearing your track!

dB

:lol: haha I notice myself feeling irrationally irritated at using a cut down version of a synth with loads of features that I would really enjoy playing with, like all those (disabled) fx and the midi fx. If they weren't there I wouldn't miss them, but having them greyed out - I am amused to share - it annoys me!

I probably need more sleep.
Talk about a first world problem :dog:

We'll see if I can get over it :D Seems like a cool synth, many thanks to the developer for sharing a free version, don't mind my silly-ness.

The full featured version wouldn't be a challenge, wouldn't it?

Competing against you lot is always an incredible challenge whatever the synth!

Looks like a fun, traditional, not too many bells and whistles synth. I predict some outstanding submissions.

zarf wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:43 pm Competing against you lot is always an incredible challenge whatever the synth!
The challenge is to create, not to compete, that's just sugar on the cake to get you motivated...

zarf wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:43 pm Competing against you lot is always an incredible challenge whatever the synth!
Me, just before posting every month: I GOT ‘EM THIS TIME.
Me, having listened to three or four other entries: Ah, well, another time perhaps.

zarf wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:29 pm :lol: haha I notice myself feeling irrationally irritated at using a cut down version of a synth with loads of features that I would really enjoy playing with, like all those (disabled) fx and the midi fx. If they weren't there I wouldn't miss them, but having them greyed out - I am amused to share - it annoys me!
I feel the same way, even to the point of agreeing that it's actually kind of silly to feel that way.
h.s.j.e. wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:57 pm Me, just before posting every month: I GOT ‘EM THIS TIME.
Me, having listened to three or four other entries: Ah, well, another time perhaps.
You give up too easily. I don't give up until I've listened to five other entries.
Celebrating 50 years of pants with frogs in them

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:47 pm
The challenge is to create, not to compete, that's just sugar on the cake to get you motivated...
I half agree with you :)
I find it quite easy to create any old stuff. For me, the challenge is to create music that is good enough to score well when judged by this amazing community of artists/producers/musicians :wink: Maybe a fools errand, but when I listen to the tracks made by the winners of this challenge month in, month out, I yearn to be able to produce musical output of that quality - that's what motivates me, here.

h.s.j.e. wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:57 pm
Me, just before posting every month: I GOT ‘EM THIS TIME.
:hihi: I have really felt that way more than I care to say! Well put!

FrogsInPants wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:27 pm
zarf wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:29 pm :lol: haha I notice myself feeling irrationally irritated at using a cut down version of a synth with loads of features that I would really enjoy playing with, like all those (disabled) fx and the midi fx. If they weren't there I wouldn't miss them, but having them greyed out - I am amused to share - it annoys me!
I feel the same way, even to the point of agreeing that it's actually kind of silly to feel that way.
Thank you for making me feel a little less out on a limb :) :phew:

I miss you guys! :lol: :hug:
At least I will check out this synth. I seem to remember having enjoyed very much the HY mono synth some time ago.
Tsssss...though I have been making a little bit of music for our promotional/tutorial videos, without the OSC it feels like I haven't done any music at all. :bang:

edit: just started it up... BEAUTIFUL! Brilliant GUI, brilliant sound...one of the few synths I would buy, if I could already. :hyper: :clap: :tu:

edit 02: woops, no polyphonic key tracking? :neutral: ...assuming it'll be a "free version" thing. :wink:

Return to “Instruments”