Waldorf Largo

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo

and strangely i really really like DS thorn ánd Waldorf Largo. both are great.

Yep both are great. I just (finally) demoed bitwig 3 though and am blown away. I don't think I'll be spending much time with Thorn in the near future :D .. something about the poly grid reminds me a lot of the Nord modular G2 (my all-time favourite hardware synth).

I never found Tantra very immediate either, but yea it's a personal thing so demo and see if it works for you.

What annoys me about Tantra is that it saturates the signal no matter what. Even when you just use it as a trancegate effect. The amp section just changes the signal.

Dmitry is a great guy, but, I always have the one or the other niggles with his synths. Diversion uses way too much CPU for what it does, Thorn sounds bad and lo-fi in the lower registers, and its sound doesn't please me in general either, and Tantra saturates, which is bad when you want to have a clean signal. Maybe his next plugin will see me not niggling, who knows. :D

rafa1981 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:35 am
Sonny Nieuwenhuizen wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:19 am Admittedly I didn't know Waldorf were in the software game too...I was pleasantly surprised by Largo and I will definitely try out some of their other instruments.
I still like the early 2000's "Attack" drum machine on Waldorf Edition 2, It's very old but pretty characteristic too. Sometimes there is no resolution enough on the buttons when setting values, so small steps do too big sound changes, but still usable.

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/waldor ... by-waldorf
My two favorite tools.....PPG 2v and Attack.......to this day.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

chk071 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:45 am :smack:

Just shows again how subjective it is sometimes. :) Thorn never did anything for me.
I tend to agree. I have Thorn CM. I don't think the raw sound coming out of the oscs is very good, which might have to do with the spectral synthesis method. I also generally don't like additive synths also. The things I like about Thorn are the features such as the effects and the glitch sequencer. It excels at making fx and atmospheric noises.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Sonny Nieuwenhuizen wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:58 pm
SneakyBeats wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:25 pm
v1o wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:52 am If you think the the patch browser is bad here wait till you try PPG Wave V3. The factory pages don't even have names they're just numbers.
Waiting for 29€ deal for that too :hyper:
Are you hoping/waiting/wishing or knowing it'll come? :) Edit: 'cause if you're not sure, I might go for that pack today.
Hoping.. Might take 10 years to happen though :P

anoise wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:32 am Couldn't resist the offer, BUT why does audioplugin.deals and Waldorf ask for so much private information upon registration? Mandatory phone number, address, etc. WTF :?
Well, I was going to buy this, but Audio Plugin Deals asks way too much my information, which I am not going to give them, so no deal for me. :shrug:

keel wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:11 am
anoise wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:32 am Couldn't resist the offer, BUT why does audioplugin.deals and Waldorf ask for so much private information upon registration? Mandatory phone number, address, etc. WTF :?
Well, I was going to buy this, but Audio Plugin Deals asks way too much my information, which I am not going to give them, so no deal for me. :shrug:
I think you may type any random crap in these fields.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

As I mentioned, it's probably for invoice and tax stuff. TBH, I don't see the issue, as they see your name and address through your Paypal payment anyway.

SneakyBeats wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:00 am
Sonny Nieuwenhuizen wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:58 pm
SneakyBeats wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:25 pm
v1o wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:52 am If you think the the patch browser is bad here wait till you try PPG Wave V3. The factory pages don't even have names they're just numbers.
Waiting for 29€ deal for that too :hyper:
Are you hoping/waiting/wishing or knowing it'll come? :) Edit: 'cause if you're not sure, I might go for that pack today.
Hoping.. Might take 10 years to happen though :P
Looks like I'll pay the extra 30,- to start working with them right away!

The filters in Largo are excelent but the particular set of osc-filters have a character I can't get out of, good but not always what I want.

Thorn is less characterful, oscillators and filters are more generic. Good for a wavetable synth and the glitch, arp and effects also set it apart. Might get it.
dedication to flying

Bought it but seem to be having problems with it in Ableton Live. Seems to crash continually and seems to keep losing presets I've created. Will double-check the manual to make sure I'm not doing something wrong but can't really figure out why they haven't updated such an archaic file system

Are you using windows or some sub standard piece of junk?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Windows 10

I'm LIve 10 and Windows 10. Haven't noticed any problems yet.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Instruments”