New "out of rules" compressor plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Selfik wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 4:04 pm Want to purchase but no paypal option??
same with me

pajczur wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 11:06 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:43 pm vst 3 only
Should have mentioned in the install file
Sorry for that. The information about available formats can be found on the download page in section "System requirements": https://pajczur.com/downloads/

But of course I agree it's not enough. I will fix it. Thanks for your suggestion.
Any chance of a vst 2 version ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Ah, found out this needs connected internet to get going
Will play in demo mode for now:)
:nutter: if you can read this, your screen is big

Last edited by TIMT on Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
I

Selfik wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 4:04 pm Want to purchase but no paypal option??
Hello, thanks for your suggestion.
I've just implemented PayPal method to pay.
In the past I had problems with PayPal, but hopefully now it will work fine.
Please inform me if any problems occure.

Kazi7 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:39 pm Hi,

one public question before I send you the PM.

You mention negative ratios. When you set negative ratios the device works like an expander, makes the affected parts of the audio stream louder rather than quieter, right? Does pajSoil include some safety measure (a limiter for example or some auto-mute) to avoid loud overshoots?
In a classic 'positive' ratio compressor, the most extreme setting (infinity to 1 - a limiter) will push peaks down to the threshold value. Negative ratios go further and can push peaks below the threshold value - the louder something is, the quieter it comes out. At extreme negative ratios, the compressor acts like an inverse gate - everything above the threshold is silenced.

cron wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 10:31 am
Kazi7 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:39 pm Hi,

one public question before I send you the PM.

You mention negative ratios. When you set negative ratios the device works like an expander, makes the affected parts of the audio stream louder rather than quieter, right? Does pajSoil include some safety measure (a limiter for example or some auto-mute) to avoid loud overshoots?
In a classic 'positive' ratio compressor, the most extreme setting (infinity to 1 - a limiter) will push peaks down to the threshold value. Negative ratios go further and can push peaks below the threshold value - the louder something is, the quieter it comes out. At extreme negative ratios, the compressor acts like an inverse gate - everything above the threshold is silenced.
Hello Kazi7,
I am sorry, I missed your reply about " is negative ratio = expander ?".

But I see cron answered. It is exactly as cron said. pajSoil is not expander.

Hello,
great thanks for all your opinions. Some of them are really gorgeous. Great thanks.
But please consider to leave such reviews on my website or facebook for future potential customers. I would be very grateful.

Here are addresses where you can write reviews:
https://pajczur.com/product/pajsoil-cra ... ompressor/
https://m.facebook.com/pajczur

Thanks in advance. Best regards

Excellent compressor!!
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

Hello,
after many consultations with all of you, I spent last weeks on improving pajSoil according to your suggestions and my own doubts about some features. I would like to thank you for all help and introduce new pajSoil v2"
https://pajczur.com/downloads/

I would also like to ask you again for giving any review on my website or on my facebook page.
Or just tell me if it's OK if I quote some of your comments from here?

Best regards

Congratulations, Pajczur, it's a very nice compressor!

Paj means both pie and broken in swedish. :)

Looks good btw, will demo when I get a chance.

Just bought it and look forward to experimenting with it. This is the sort of plugin I like, there to get creative and experiment with :) . Getting the mix that you want of the wet and dry signal can be difficult (sometimes impossible) to obtain with the Output control affecting both the wet and dry signal. Please could you change, or give the option, for the Output control to only to affect the volume of the wet signal.

The following text is from another forum on a different site but refers to the same problem with a different plugin. I have changed the text where needed. The author explained, far better than I ever could, the problem of having just the one output volume control that affects both the wet and dry signal:-

If the output knob also controls the volume of the dry signal, then it becomes a constant juggling act of TWO knobs to maintain the ratio of the processed vs unprocessed signals. If the output knob only controls the volume of the compressed signal, then you'll always have a clear duty for the dry/wet knob, controlling the ratio of the blend while the output knob is only there to maintain unity level for the distortion.

Where it gets extremely fiddly and nasty to use with your current method is when you do extreme processing and only want to add a tiny bit of the compressed audio with the dry signal and need to control that level very carefully. If dry was NOT controlled by volume knob, then you'd simply set the dry/wet knob to something like 95% dry and 5% wet, then simply turn up or down the volume until you have your desired tiny bit of background compressed audio.
Now it is way more difficult to achieve that. You'll need to extremely carefully tweak the dry/wet knob and IF you get lucky you might end up with a knob position that gives you what you need.. but if you are unlucky the resolution of the knob just doesn't let you set it the way you want and you'll have to start juggling both knobs, the output and the dry/wet knob to get what you desire.

Everytime you make a change to the compressor settings, the two knob juggling starts all over again.

The dry signal is your reference volume. That is unity. Then you simply use the dry/wet knob to BLEND in the RATIO you desire.. and use the output knob to control the level of the compressed audio for either fine tuning or to keep it unity so that the dry/wet ratio is as you desire.

Finally, consider automation. What happens if there is a part in the song that hits the compresser much harder and it becomes much higher in perceived volume? You can't simply automate the output knob as it affects both dry and wet. Now you end up juggling two interactive knobs in automation.. it is a real nightmare.
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

Vst 2 version por favor :)
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

Return to “Effects”