Ircam Lab TS - Have you tried it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The stretch algorithm is the same as the one in Falcon by the way. So if you already own Falcon, there is no real benefits here.

I'd like to know, how their time-stretch and pitch-shift algorithms compare to those in iZotope RX?

Good question!

Well, I am quite happy with TS and I will update to the new version, it's free for the owners of the previous one. The quality is very good (once rendered, not the quick preview playback). I don't need bars and beats, but I need milliseconds and cents, so it's my primary tool for non-creative, realistic stretching (main uses for me: adjusting details of live recordings from theatres or preparing samples to be of the same length and intonation before doing a morphing between them). For creative, extreme stretching I have other tools.

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

Oh, with specific regard to creative extreme stretching I use Photosounder, Time Freezer (by Physical Music), Loomer Cumulus, 2caudio Kaleidoscope and sometimes the GRM Tools Evolution bundle. I have PaulXStretch and Hour Glass, but I use them rarely.

XComposer wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:16 pm Oh, with specific regard to creative extreme stretching I use Photosounder, Time Freezer (by Physical Music), Loomer Cumulus, 2caudio Kaleidoscope and sometimes the GRM Tools Evolution bundle. I have PaulXStretch and Hour Glass, but I use them rarely.
Sounds like you use stretching a lot. Never heard of the two first ones before this, must check.

Neon Breath wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:32 pm The stretch algorithm is the same as the one in Falcon by the way. So if you already own Falcon, there is no real benefits here.
ahh, good to know, yes I have Falcon.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

ChamomileShark wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:05 pm
Neon Breath wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:32 pm The stretch algorithm is the same as the one in Falcon by the way. So if you already own Falcon, there is no real benefits here.
Then you won't find much in there! Yes it's the same company that implemented the Ircam Stretch into Falcon :)

Neon Breath wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:34 pm
ChamomileShark wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:05 pm
Then you won't find much in there! Yes it's the same company that implemented the Ircam Stretch into Falcon :)
Falcon doesn't have the formant shifter though and is much more CPU demanding.

If the audio file is going to be prominent in the track i will use TS, if not i will use the DAW's stretch.

This would be much more interesting if implemented as a plugin.

I am finding phase issues with even slight tempo changes. Makes this unusable for mastering.

Hi folks,

Thanks for the great comments about the new TS2 upgrade. We monitor this thread and will file useful comments to share with the IRCAM team.

Yesterday we posted an update v1.1.1 that fixes an issue where the app asks to re-connect to the internet even once authorized.
https://www.ircamlab.com/products/p1680-TS2/

We were also able to reproduce the phasing issue with ASIO causing glitch and render issues for export. We should have a new build 2.1.2 very shortly...

Customers on Windows should for the interim use “DirectSound” as the driver in Audio Settings.
Plugiman
www.Plugivery.com
Plugivery Distribution

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

Return to “Effects”