2020 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

foosnark wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:49 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:13 pm im thinking "womens intimate personal massager" :hihi: i have several ive bought for the guitar :D
for the guitar
for the guitar
for the guitar
for the guitar
for the guitar
for the guitar
for the guitar
:-D
ive bought the missus a few for bed time shenanigans too, but this thread is music stuff. :P

i dont use those in the studio, i know where thryve been ;)

When your guitar strings have acquired that oxidated look it's time for new ones.

If you use flatwounds, that never happens, you only ever need to change the B and e strings, once or twice a year.

vurt wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:13 pm im thinking "womens intimate personal massager" :hihi: i have several ive bought for the guitar :D
If you buy her a *cough* personal guitar, make sure it's fretless.

cptgone wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:44 pm
If you buy her a *cough* personal guitar, make sure it's fretless.
she prefers a bass.
if ya get me ;)

feels a bit off looking at tides with the flooding just down the road.
:o

I purchased the Modal Electronics Argon8M, and Korg Minilogue XD synth modules this weekend. I actually owned a Korg Minilogue XD synth module in the past, but sold it. I am happy to add it again to my studio.

Last month, I purchased a few used pieces of gear: E-MU Proteus FX and Alesis MidiVerb 4.

A bit of gold came my way today! :hyper:

schwang!

look forward to hearing them in action!

I'm afraid my Fathom side might be defective.... Every time I change the program knob to Sonar, it switch off and starts producing an oscillating noise. I know this is a special make, but I'm pretty sure that's not an intended feature.

I sent out a support ticket, so lets see what they say... I'm just worried that this will need to be sent back for repair.

are there no videos showing the different presets?

is that bit a reverb?
sonar, does it sound like a sub pinging?

does it do anything to an input? as in effect a synth sound or guitar?

Its a reverb pedal... Two of them.

Fathom is more on the "traditional" side but still not that traditional. Sonar I think is taken from their Descent pedal which was a reverb/octave pedal

So it does work (and I'm running a Diva keys preset through it) and it does sound like Sonar when the mix knob is set to !00%... I just can't turn the knob all the way.

And yeah, lots of videos but not of this dual pedal release. I was back to not sleeping so I watched several videos on each, the Slo (which I learned is pronounced more like "slur" than slow).

I'll plug the guitar in next... but I was really curious to see how nicely these played with stereo synths, but aside from Sonar, I think I like my in the box reverb plugins best (especially because of the mono aspect of these) but I can't wait to plug the guitar in next. I'm not a guitarist, but considering how these are known as ambient verbs, I should do alright getting something nice out of them.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”