Your fave MIDI fx, arp, mapper, mangler, generator, chorder, controller, utility. VST or MFX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

^^^
Very helpful posts above.
Thanks

It would be more useful it was able to internally process externally generated midi.
EzKeys/RapidComposer/any DAW with a chord track.

David wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:47 am
It would be more useful it was able to internally process externally generated midi.
I wasn't clear David. Thanks for the suggestions btw. What I was trying to suggest is that Midi Madness would be more useful if it could process things that way. It's halfway there. The Freestyle option will take into account the chords you have setup in the timeline and generate note data accordingly. Even though it blanks out the timeline area the notes that are generated are inline with the chords you select for each section. What I think would be more useful is if could process the midi data that is dropped into the timeline and generate note data from that.

And I have used EzKeys and RapidComposer in its early days and both are fine options. A daw with a chord track won't generate midi the way MM does though.

offtopic...One more thing...I haven't done much ITB lately because I bought a new Hydrasynth (love it). I also took a fancy to one of those NDLR's and ordered one. In addition I am waiting for the arrival of a new Medusa as well. It should be here in a couple of days. As mush as I love my vst's I think I need to expand my hardware setup. The modular stuff isn't far off for me. A lot of what I want to do may be easier OTB rather than ITB. I like a lot of the generative stuff I hear from other's modular setups.

David wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:47 am
I misread what you wrote. I see it as written now. You were just pointing out many different chord generation origins. My bad...

No, I'M sorry:) Not my usual MO to be brief to the point of obscurity!

What I meant was that any of those tools would be great for dragged-in, algorithmically generated phrases to give them some tonality and to morph them around. I should have also mentioned my most usual approach which is just to use Logic or Live's built-in MIDI Fx to build modulated scale and pitch transformers to act on generated material from anywhere…

Anyone heard any update on liquid notes revision?

Since being bought by W.A. Productions I got a message that an updated version would be coming out. That was a few months ago.

Any word on the playground?

Yes, and that was announced for end of february or march I think.

As nothing happens over month I wrote to support cause I had my doubts since this went to W.A. Productions. I got the answer that they had some problems with Corona too and some difficulties in the programming (even if there will be NOTHING new in the first version under W.A. which means nothing new over I dont know how many years now) but that it will come soon....

Which is month ago now again.

I really doubt that there will be any real devellopment under W.A. coming, and as this stuff is years old and so many new things on the market, sad to say, but I think you and me better just forget about it.....

^^^
I transferred my Liquid Notes license from Re-Compose to WA productions.

LN is not on the list of "My product keys" and "My orders" in my WA productions account.
Four other WA productions plugins I bought from Plugin Boutique also are not listed in "My product keys" and "My orders" in my WA productions account.

In a 6-12-20 reply to me they stated that "it should be out within the next 1-2 months".
So I assume it should be out by this August.

Liquid Notes
https://www.re-compose.com/liquid-notes ... tware.html

For other Captain plugins users... are you guys having any issues with the new VST hosting feature? I can't get it to work. It's like the scan ends prematurely and none of my instruments are available. It just says Scan VSTs again.

Hi JiggSaw,

From what I read, the Captain team is unlocking that feature slowly. It only recognizes a very small list of ‘whitelisted’ plugins. You can’t even direct the software where to look for the Vsti’s. I haven’t noticed anything different in the latest version.

dopet wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:35 pm Hi JiggSaw,

From what I read, the Captain team is unlocking that feature slowly. It only recognizes a very small list of ‘whitelisted’ plugins. You can’t even direct the software where to look for the Vsti’s. I haven’t noticed anything different in the latest version.
Yeah... I know. My issue isn't about the whitelisted plugins though. Like I know Arturia plugins are supposed to work and I own them. The scan will scan them but then it just says "Scan for VSTs" again after the scan is completed. I'm seeing other people in the FB group having similar issues. Hopefully they're working on it.

Ahhh... yes. I have some plugins that should work, but don’t. :) same issue as you describe...

So I took the plunge and decided to give Phrasebox a try. But I am now wondering if that was a good decision. I am finding the documentation rather lacking. I also cannot find a forum anywhere to post questions about Phrasebox. Maybe those of you here who have had Phrasebox for awhile can answer my questions. The main question I have right now is how does Phrasebox know when to retrigger a phrase? I am feeding Scaler 2 into Phrasebox and in some cases the phrase is retriggered on a chord change and in other cases the phrase keeps going. It does not seem consistent. I did the same thing with Nora 2 and in Nora's case, the phrase was retriggered on every chord change. ChordPotion, it seems has a free running mode and a restart on chord change mode. Is there a Phrasebox setting somewhere that I am missing?

With PB there are two things at play. The timing of the notes coming in and the timing of the triggers in PB. For instance, if you have a midi clip or a chord in Scaler playing the entire length of the PB pattern then you will here the entire pattern. But keep in mind PB takes what you give it and assigns note patterns from the bottom up. So, if all you have is a 3 note chord then all you will hear are the bottom 3 rows of patterns(special rows are not a part of this equation). Now if the input chords are not playing at the same time as the triggers then you will not here anything. And I'm not sure if I am explaining it in a way that makes sense.

UncleAge wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:21 am With PB there are two things at play. The timing of the notes coming in and the timing of the triggers in PB. For instance, if you have a midi clip or a chord in Scaler playing the entire length of the PB pattern then you will here the entire pattern. But keep in mind PB takes what you give it and assigns note patterns from the bottom up. So, if all you have is a 3 note chord then all you will hear are the bottom 3 rows of patterns(special rows are not a part of this equation). Now if the input chords are not playing at the same time as the triggers then you will not here anything. And I'm not sure if I am explaining it in a way that makes sense.
Yes, I understand all that. I am not talking individual PB triggers, I am talking about the phrase starting all over again from the beginning before the phrase gets to the to the end. Lets say I have a phrase that runs for 8 beats. If I hold a chord for three beats and then have a one beat rest and then play another chord for another three beats, under free run mode for the second chord PB would play the pattern specified in the last four beats of the phrase, however in retrigger mode PB would play the pattern in the first four beats of the phrase again. The strange thing is I have seen PB do both and in no predicible fashion. I actually think it may be a bug. I might do a video to demonstate the issue.

Return to “Effects”