Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:07 pm The only time I'd consider yo-ho-ho-and-a-bottle-of-rum code would be in a situation where the company goes belly up and there's no way to authenticate the logins. In that case it may not be legal by the letter of the law, but I'd find a way.
Actually, that's the one time it's court-approved (in the US, per the DMCA). But you're meant to crack it yourself. The pirates are not allowed to supply it to you. Having said that, who is going to go after them?

I've got some pretty good decompilers so I'd give it a good go.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Careful now.

Down with this sort of thing.

:ud:

I love the plugouts and i have 9 lifetime products (3 from the old contentstore and 6 from the Cloud).
They sound great if you like the roland sound :party:
The only thing i don't like is the copy protection because it takes a long time for each plugout to load in my Daw.

The cloud copy protection should have been optimized for faster loading.
My Contentstore plugouts that use a different copy protection takes a second or 2 to load which is ok.

D-Fusion wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:52 pm The only thing i don't like is the copy protection because it takes a long time for each plugout to load in my Daw.
I also don't like their CPU efficiency. Even U-He's DIVA is easier on my CPU than Roland Cloud's own Juno 106! :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:51 pm
D-Fusion wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:52 pm The only thing i don't like is the copy protection because it takes a long time for each plugout to load in my Daw.
I also don't like their CPU efficiency. Even U-He's DIVA is easier on my CPU than Roland Cloud's own Juno 106! :lol:
Yes are very cpu hungry too but still usefull compared to the first versions with grainy gui and extreme high cpu usage.

And there is also a option to save some cpu power in the menu which helps and doesn't change the sound to much.

Oh there is actually one more thing that bothers me while we are at it.
The Filter or other knobs that are tweaked live with the mouse causes grainy/quantizised sound because it skips so many values on each move.
My workaround there is to midi learn them to my Roland a49 or Maschine mk3.

I’m done with Roland Cloud. I got up early this morning to make some music, and instead I’ve spent an hour trying to get the Manager software to work... or update... or anything. This happens all the f’n time. I think I spend more time dealing with Roland Cloud than I do with the plugins. Enough. Sorry Roland, it’s not you. It’s me. I hate buggy bloated control software.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

to add a rare positive note in this thread - the Frontiers soundest they added for System 8 has some really nice patches largely based on other synths like Jupiters, Junos, SH101s etc.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

zerocrossing wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:41 pm I’m done with Roland Cloud. I got up early this morning to make some music, and instead I’ve spent an hour trying to get the Manager software to work... or update... or anything. This happens all the f’n time. I think I spend more time dealing with Roland Cloud than I do with the plugins. Enough. Sorry Roland, it’s not you. It’s me. I hate buggy bloated control software.
I'm not trying to convince you to change your mind by any means, but I had a ton of issues with Roland Cloud plugins not activating...turns out somewhere along the way I used a Custom install path, and one of the Cloud Manager updates didn't respect that original path and put things elsewhere. My DAW was finding prior versions of the plugins, which were putting me through activation hell. And to make it worse the version number on the Plug-Outs never changed even though clearly something did on the Auth front.

So moral of the story? Might be a good idea to hunt down any versions of the plugins, remove them, and reinstall from scratch. At this point, I'm just using the default install paths.

But yeah, total pain in the ass. It shouldn't be that hard.

all this "what if?" shit you guys always go on and on about, i don't know how you even leave the house or live day to day. christ, get a grip. who cares if Roland bites the dust in ten years? do what you can with them now and don't worry about it. we could all be dead in ten years.

I´m trialling right now and I think I will go with the core subscription. I tried the jx8p model for zenology and it´s nice, but i don´t need another full featured va (i think that diva is completely sufficient for that type of work). but i really enjoy having all those jv and xv presets back again for a cheap price.

i bought my xp-30 (jv1080-like) at something like 2200 DM in the year 2000. and i am to lazy to include the synth in my workflow for like 10 years (it would also be not much more than a preset playing machine). so i effectively paid 200 euros a year for those sounds, although I use the synth still as my main midi keyboard. so 30 euros a year seems a pretty good deal if you´re only after "some" roland flavour here and there. plus i think the classic sounds sound much better in zenology then through my xp30. i´m really more after their digital pads, "pulsating" sounds and synth leads....

so for me it´s a nice deal because I find zenology to be "the" roland sound in a box while being affordable. I would though prefer to buy the "core" zenology plugin at say 99 euro or so. from a commercial point, for the moment i´ll stick with the monthly payment so i can cancel if i don´t use it in a few months time because i´m bored of its limitations...so i don´t know what pays petter for roland, but whatever...
Last edited by abi on Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'd like to go with the core subscription if it works smoothly. One issue I'm having with my trial is that Roland Cloud Manager often gets stuck when being launched. The little task bar icon says "Starting up. Please wait," and nothing happens. I'm using Win10, and everything works fine on that PC except for Roland Cloud Manager.

Welcome to the club.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Chrisk-K wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:37 pm I'd like to go with the core subscription if it works smoothly. One issue I'm having with my trial is that Roland Cloud Manager often gets stuck when being launched. The little task bar icon says "Starting up. Please wait," and nothing happens. I'm using Win10, and everything works fine on that PC except for Roland Cloud Manager.
on mac mojave i have zero problems as i mentioned earlier. all in all it works quite smooth here so it could be windows specific. which wouldnt make it better for you of course...

abi wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:39 pm
Chrisk-K wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:37 pm I'd like to go with the core subscription if it works smoothly. One issue I'm having with my trial is that Roland Cloud Manager often gets stuck when being launched. The little task bar icon says "Starting up. Please wait," and nothing happens. I'm using Win10, and everything works fine on that PC except for Roland Cloud Manager.
on mac mojave i have zero problems as i mentioned earlier. all in all it works quite smooth here so it could be windows specific. which wouldnt make it better for you of course...
I see. Although I am more comfortable with Windows, I plan to get a Mac Mini and use it only for music. I will need to wait a little more to see how Apple's ARM structure might impact music software, though.

Return to “Instruments”