One Synth Challenge #137: HY-Poly by HY-Plugins ( Peter:H Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:hihi: :hihi: @IV!
Look at the time stamps of our responses :D
Did we literally post about pitch bend at the same time? :D

Hm? The free version lacks the S&H Module.
But it is used in one of the presets.
Chosing the preset activates the S&H.
Changing the preset, saving the DAW project, closing the DAW and start everything again. S&H with my changes still present.
Question: Can I use S&H with this "trick" though not in the free version?

ThePresent wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:36 am :hihi: :hihi: @IV!
Look at the time stamps of our responses :D
Did we literally post about pitch bend at the same time? :D
Yes! :o :lol: I was writing this and I thought someone else was going to do it! :D
] Peter:H [ wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:55 am Hm? The free version lacks the S&H Module.
Changing the preset, saving the DAW project, closing the DAW and start everything again. S&H with my changes still present.
I can't judge this, but we have a great precedent in the form of Cheese Machine 2 :idea: I Think the rules that worked there can be applied here as well :?:

Is the attack odd on the envelopes? I can't get a good pluck. It's like the attack isn't truly set to 0.

] Peter:H [ wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:55 am Hm? The free version lacks the S&H Module.
I believe you can activate Sample and hold by simply double clicking on S and H icon.

bh9090 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:33 am Is the attack odd on the envelopes? I can't get a good pluck. It's like the attack isn't truly set to 0.
I noticed that too. It's an analog-style thing, I suppose. The compressor seems to have a faster attack time, though, so that can make things a bit snappier. Creating a click with a very short inverse filter envelope had a similar effect.

MrKarolus wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:14 pm
I believe you can activate Sample and hold by simply double clicking on S and H icon.
Cool, thanks! :tu:
I though the greyed out elements are "Pay Version" elements like in the FX section!

TheWaveWarden wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:33 am
L-EctroBit wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:59 pm
TheWaveWarden wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:06 pm For real? :o Instant 5 for everybody :party:
Yeah. I figured this was going to happen. :dog:
Man, that was a joke :D I am 100% going to vote.
Yeah. It was obvious that you were joking. What didn't seem obvious was that I was too. :hihi:

Have fun voting. :tu:

zarf wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:29 pm :lol: haha I notice myself feeling irrationally irritated at using a cut down version of a synth with loads of features that I would really enjoy playing with, like all those (disabled) fx and the midi fx. If they weren't there I wouldn't miss them, but having them greyed out - I am amused to share - it annoys me!
Yeah zarf. Those disabled options bother me as much as you do.
Just in case the developer tracks this thread I want to congratulate you on this excellent virtual synth. The GUI is very pleasing to the eye and everything is designed very clearly. What I would ask you, knowing that it is a commercial product that follows a promotion and sales strategy, is that you explore the possibility in the future that the free version does not have these areas disabled in gray, because it is a bit annoying for users. Perhaps there is a better way to promote your product through the free version that is just as effective for you and less annoying for users. :wink:

Quick experiment with this synth (not my submission), I'm finding the delay to be really useful for getting interesting textures

https://soundcloud.com/wireframewolves/ ... uWoGdPYvZV

OK, I'm starting to get some nice sounds from the HP synth! So far I'm going in a symphonic/jazz kinda sound with the design...still early though.
"I can't listen to the Ninth anymore at all."

Two Months - A Well-Timed Exhale
;submission;

DAW: FL Studio
12 instances
https://soundcloud.com/user-384367534/a ... med-exhale
:party:
get quiet

Oh, bummer. I'm running into stability issues with Ableton crashing now that I'm building up some tracks and effects (18 tracks, 20 plus effects).

I may have to make a scaled down entry, or worst case, pass up on this month's challenge.

Well, it's all relative as this new computer is light years better than my old WinXP machine running Ableton 8, in fact most of the synths used here barely ran on the old machine if at all.

A bit quicker than last month :)
HY poly seems a bit of a pain without the other components, really miss a distortion, oh well cannot be helped. If the full version ever goes on sale for like €10 I’m all over it :D

https://soundcloud.com/eauson/eauson-hy-poly-kvr-osc

I made a folder of VST3 presets, so you can make music as badly as I do :)
VST 3 presets
https://mega.nz/file/bgcE0aBQ#HwiL0L9t1 ... J2Mnv2WxuU
Here are hy poly presets saved in hy poly
Just named patch 1-26, so you’ll need to listen to them to see what they are
https://mega.nz/file/bp8DGCRR#MwjEsWJLj ... w-hi9k2_Ek

Reaper
26 instances of HY-Poly
Main buss
Js dc filter
ReaEq
Airwindows Capacitor, baxendall, POP, Spiral
ReaEq
Airwindows Buttercomp2, capacitor
Loudmax Thomas Munch
Js dc Filter
Airwindows Righteous
Youlean
RS met multianalyzer

Valhalla Supermassive, ReaEq, Minus delay, Airwindows BrightAmbience
Airwindows Distance, Airwindows MV, OTT, Bark of the Dog, Airwindows Drive, Airwindows Capacitor, Airwindows Lowpass2, Airwindows Air, Airwindows Crystal,
Last edited by Eauson on Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Eauson wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:49 am A bit quicker than last month :)
HY poly seems a bit of a pain without the other components, really miss a distortion, oh well cannot be helped. If the full version ever goes on sale for like €10 I’m all over it :D

https://soundcloud.com/eauson/eauson-hy-poly-kvr-osc

I made a folder of presets, so you can make music as badly as I do :)

https://mega.nz/file/bgcE0aBQ#HwiL0L9t1 ... J2Mnv2WxuU
Yes, thank you! I'm looking to round out my percussion sounds...and hopefully make music as badly as you do :tu:

Return to “Instruments”