Knobcloud.com - a free vst-marketplace

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kjhg
Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

codec_spurt wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:46 am knobheads
:hihi:

Hi Codec, is this the incident you referred to earlier? You could claim your money back via PayPal, give him a bad rating and send us an email about the incident. About the stuff he is selling without transfer fees, maybe those are unregistered keys, I don’t know. I also don’t know what we’ll do about it, as I don’t know exactly what happened, but I gather he did not mention some buyer transfer fee.
Knobcloud.com - marketplace for audio software

Hi Codec, looking closer at your post, I see that the UVI Sparkverb you are referring to has a seller transfer fee, so this is paid by him in order to make the transfer, and he therefor doesnt need to post the fees in the offer.

Hi, Guys)! :party:

You need to make a buy-back button.
I clicked on the buy now button just to check how it works and see what the next payment steps will look like. And it turns out that with my actions I removed the seller’s product from the catalog. :hihi: This is not entirely reasonable, because before the time of payment a person can change his mind and refuse, it would be more correct if the item was removed only after the payment was confirmed by the seller.

Grottengeier wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:44 am Hi Codec, looking closer at your post, I see that the UVI Sparkverb you are referring to has a seller transfer fee, so this is paid by him in order to make the transfer, and he therefor doesnt need to post the fees in the offer.
Hi, I'm a mod here...you didnt address the bargaining after the sale nor the 'sweetner'...I realize that's on your site and not ours but codec says said member might be selling here and he is

search.php?author_id=431344&sr=posts

I gotta drive an hour and half roundtrip for a 1 hour meeting at work, I'll look over the feedback thread when I get back. Anyone had issues? Please let me know
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

MaxKurbatov wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:46 pm Hi, Guys)! :party:

You need to make a buy-back button.
I clicked on the buy now button just to check how it works and see what the next payment steps will look like. And it turns out that with my actions I removed the seller’s product from the catalog. :hihi: This is not entirely reasonable, because before the time of payment a person can change his mind and refuse, it would be more correct if the item was removed only after the payment was confirmed by the seller.
We’re on it.

Hink wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:40 pm
Hi, I'm a mod here...you didnt address the bargaining after the sale nor the 'sweetner'...I realize that's on your site and not ours but codec says said member might be selling here and he is

search.php?author_id=431344&sr=posts

I gotta drive an hour and half roundtrip for a 1 hour meeting at work, I'll look over the feedback thread when I get back. Anyone had issues? Please let me know
Hi Hink, first let me thank you for allowing me to post here. About the bargaining and the sweetener, I would say that Dombaeb should return the money if there are fees involved that he didn’t mention. However, we will not be the judges of every quarrel between the users. Ultimately, Codec has a tool at hand to pursue his perceived right, and that is PayPal. If he wants us to ban Dombaeb, I would encourage him to send us an email requesting it and providing all the information. From what I gather on this thread, I don’t see a behavior that would justify a ban.A ban might be in place if he was methodically and purposefully not mentioning buyer transfer fees, but I don’t see evidence of that. I appreciate your concerns and will follow this thread to see if there is reason to take action on our behalf.

We made some changes to the page to account for the fact that some people are selling a lot of plugins. If you have trouble finding your bought or sold items, please clear the browser cache.

Just wanted to point out that I have hadn't any problems with Dombaeb so far. It would be nice to see what his side of the story is..
:borg:

codec_spurt wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:46 am This is a public servive announcement for anyone considering buying stuff from knobcloud.

The user that has scammed me is called 'Dombaeb'.

He has quite a few things for sale. Some that require a transfer fee as well, which he does not state, against the supposed terms and conditions of the site.

For example, he has a UVI plugin up there. No transfer information.

There is a $25 transfer fee for that plugin.

Now, I don't know if he will pay it himself. He does not say. But if he is still playing the same game, the buyer will then say 'I'm not paying a 25 bucks transfer fee, all transfer info is supposed to be displayed on the page - refund me my money' - he may then turn around and offer some money off (as he did with me), or he may just end up not refunding the money which by that point will have already been payed. The buyer can eat the transfer deal or open a dispute with paypal taking weeks and weeks, and may not even get their money back then.

Be warned.

It will be interesting to see if this seller is still allowed to sell at knobcloud now, especially as it has been brought to the attention of the knobheads. What will they do? Allow him to continue selling and ignore this? Or penalise or ban him for his scamming activity? Mmmm.. tough call eh fellas...

There is a $10 fee for the Liquidsonics transfer as well - again he does not say. He may pay this himself, I don't know. I don't know what his game is.

All I know is he's not short of a bob or two buying all that high-end software and then re-selling it.

Why can't he refund me a measly $40?

If I had agreed to be refunded a sweetener of $15, would he have had these 'technical problems' I wonder? Is haggling allowed on knobcloud? They didn't mention that when they were promoting the site.

What will the site owners do now that I have pointed out this behaviour?

A: Not refunding my money.
B: Not declaring the transfer fee.
C: Haggling over the declared price once a deal has been made final.

If this behaviour is not punished in some way then it leaves a free-for-all for everyone to conduct themselves in the same manner. Not declaring transfer fees. Once bought in good faith, the buyer gets a sweetener of a few dollars back, if they don't agree to it he refuses to refund them and makes them open a paypal dispute. The buyer might not get their money back and he gets to keep the cash, plus sell the plugin to someone else. If he does this enough times...

And he's not someone who is just selling the odd plugin, there's a dozen of them there to play this game with. I'd be surprised if this isn't someone already selling on KVR, as well. I'd put money on it in fact.

So, once again, knobheads, what are you going to do make an example of this guy?

Are you just going to allow him to keep on selling without including the transfer information?

Now that you know that he has scammed one of your buyers, what are you going to do about it?

I've sent him an email asking him to explain himself, but I'm not holding my breath. I'll give it a day or two and keep you updated.

Something very fishy about this 'Dombaeb' seller, and he shouldn't be allowed to keep on selling at knobcloud, and potentially scamming other buyers. I'll put his paypal email and name up if he doesn't get back to me in a few days, so others can see if it's someone that has scammed them on KVR, perhaps.

I waited 7 days for a refund. It's only $40 and the guy obviously has money, but he can't pay me back via paypal for goods I've not received? Pisstaker.

So knobcloud, what is your official policy in regard to this little eventuality?
1. You received a full refund. Your request is fulfilled and closed one-two week ago or so. And I don’t have any email from you in a very long time.
2. There were technical problems with PayPal. I couldn’t send money to my own wallet from my own debit card, it’s strange but true.
3. Please, be more polite with people you don’t know, really.

First of all, I apologize for the inconvenience. The refund was delayed because I couldn’t top up my PayPal wallet online, I’m Russian but now I’m stuck in Thailand because of the virus situation. That's the reason why I asked you to actually "request a refund".

You’re answering on any message during 2-3 days, our communication can’t be called "instant" because of that :)

About fees. 2C Audio has one of the strangest transfer policy with additional conditions to both seller and buyer so it wasn't so tricky to make a fault :) Liquidsonics doesn't charge any fees except iLok (proved, I already transferred it). All the other iLok fees always included in the price.

That's all, please accept my apologies, some deals are smooth, some not. Sh*t happens. :) All the best.

I just sold something successfully on Knobcloud. seems a reasonable site and easy to use addition to the KVR forum

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

And just so that people are aware. I sold an item on Saturday and the money has yet to appear. I'm assuming the buyer has backed out, I'm trying to contact them. Unfortunately that means the item is now delisted and stuck in limbo. The only route at the moment is to set up the same item again for sale.

I contacted the knobcloud help and got the response

"we are currently implementing a feature that will let you republish a “sold” item if you did not get the payment, while giving the buyer a bad rating. Right now, all you can do is republish it manually or you could try writing to the buyer."

Let's hope that comes in soon.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

The republish feature is now online, and buyers are requested to make the PayPal-payment within an hour, otherwise the seller can comfortably republish and give the "buyer" a bad rating. Also, you now need a special reseller account for publishing licenses you have already sold, we did that because we want to minimize the reselling of freebies and we would like to offer some safety by checking frequent sellers on their sources. Would love to hear your feedback.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”