Headphones that aren't crap ?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

transmisser wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:47 am I haven't purchased a new set of headphones since I got my Beyer Dynamic DT770s. I used to get sore spots on my head and ears with other cans, but not with the 770s. Feels like a cloud on my head.

Slightly OT, but I recently started using Toneboosters Morphit correction + Waves Abbey Road Studio 3 with the 770s and that just took them to another level. Super useful when you can't blast your speakers at night time.
I agree with this! I'm on my 3rd pair now with no issues. Also Beyer Dynamic sells spare parts for them so if anything ever goes wrong, they're easy to fix imo.

studiosounds1 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:58 pm
transmisser wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:47 am I haven't purchased a new set of headphones since I got my Beyer Dynamic DT770s. I used to get sore spots on my head and ears with other cans, but not with the 770s. Feels like a cloud on my head.

Slightly OT, but I recently started using Toneboosters Morphit correction + Waves Abbey Road Studio 3 with the 770s and that just took them to another level. Super useful when you can't blast your speakers at night time.
I agree with this! I'm on my 3rd pair now with no issues. Also Beyer Dynamic sells spare parts for them so if anything ever goes wrong, they're easy to fix imo.
If they sell spare parts in case anything goes wrong, why have you bought 3 pairs? :hihi:

simmo can soon replace the cats
-or what's wrong with u simmo?

nix808 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:51 pm simmo can soon replace the cats
-or what's wrong with u simmo?
Exactly !
No I have no idea what you mean :?:

edit-alright I better edit this some
I had drunk way too much cider at this point
sorry for being nonsensical in your informative thread

I think(if I am capable of it) I was trying to be chaotically funny

Yorrrrrr wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:01 pm Audio Technica ATH-M50X.
These headphones are overrated. I have had the previous version (ATH-M50) for eight years or so, and I have several issues with them:

1. The leatherette on the headband cracks and flakes off. As far as I know, this is a very common problem.
2. The headphones sit on my ear in some weird way that presses on my ear and hurts when I wear them for awhile.
3. If the room is warm, these phones feel like ear muffs. My ears get sweaty.
4. If you want to use these for mixing purposes, you should know that they emphasize bass frequencies very noticeably. For this reason, I wouldn't recommend mixing with them.

I also own a pair of Sony MDR-7506 headphones and I never had any of the above issues with them. I have owned them for more than ten years, and they are still going strong. They also cost significantly less than the M50's. If you want some relatively affordable phones for tracking, check them out.

nix808 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:59 pm edit-alright I better edit this some
I had drunk way too much cider at this point
sorry for being nonsensical in your informative thread

I think(if I am capable of it) I was trying to be chaotically funny
Haha Hey that's cool, I thought it was some new hip slang

SonicDimension wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:57 pm
Yorrrrrr wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:01 pm Audio Technica ATH-M50X.
These headphones are overrated. I have had the previous version (ATH-M50) for eight years or so, and I have several issues with them:
1. The leatherette on the headband cracks and flakes off. As far as I know, this is a very common problem.
2. The headphones sit on my ear in some weird way that presses on my ear and hurts when I wear them for awhile.
3. If the room is warm, these phones feel like ear muffs. My ears get sweaty.
4. If you want to use these for mixing purposes, you should know that they emphasize bass frequencies very noticeably. For this reason, I wouldn't recommend mixing with them.
I can't discredit your personal experience, as even though I haven't run into the same comfort issues, everyone will experience hardware differently.

And when it comes to mixing - I agree - but that's why I also sometimes recommend these. If the question comes from a consumer first, producer after, these are great for media consumption and if you already have a studio monitor setup, they are great to give you a better look at what a regular consumer will experience.

So even though I would agree that they are overrated from a producer, engineer standpoint, as they are quite flawed in their response (the mentioned low end), they are a great choice for a regular consumer - accurate, yet a nice bass response.
Take care :wink:

I'm extremely happy with my AudioTechnica ATH-MX-50..

I'm using Focal Clear Professional and while also quite expensive, I believe I can use them for pretty proper mixes as long as I have a few other sources to check any mix on

I use grado ps500 and beyer dt1770 pro when open backs wont do, although im not sold on them yet
You kids and your m music 8)

I owned several expansive heads phones, AKG, Nakamichi, etc...
Went threw many pairs, they didn't last very long.

Finally got a cheap pair of Radio Shack phones, they lasted and the mixes sounded good.
I was never a big fan of RS but this one pair of head phones got the job done.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

I have to leave 5 posts to be able to ask a genuine question about a plugin I might buy so I haven’t really read this properly.

I have DT 770s and 100s and Superlux HD681s all of them hurt my ears.

AKG K701

Another vote for Beyerdynamic DT770s.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”