Better alternative to Studio One 4.6 for audio editing and manipulation

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I tried to make a search here around but I didn't find anything significant about this matter. Is there a sound manipulation software with more options and tools than S1?
I already tested a bit Adobe Audition, but it seems more video oriented, and without many important tools compared to Studio One. Maybe from Magix?
Suggestions from experts are welcome :tu:

Reaper is good for audio editing. But S1 is also good so I wonder what tools and options you are missing?

S1 is about as good as its gets built in to a DAW (especially with Melodyne) but there are lots of external tools- iZotope RX can be had pretty cheap, Wavelab etc. Then you have the fee options like Audacity which is pretty good (https://www.audacityteam.org/)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

asstolff wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:42 am I tried to make a search here around but I didn't find anything significant about this matter. Is there a sound manipulation software with more options and tools than S1?
I already tested a bit Adobe Audition, but it seems more video oriented, and without many important tools compared to Studio One. Maybe from Magix?
Suggestions from experts are welcome :tu:
If you mean sample mangling and sound design like making an ethereal pad out of a kick etc, I would recommend Ableton Live or Bitwig :)

Samplitude X

There are lots of options available. Maybe you could enlighten us about what exactly you are trying to achieve. Some tools (like REAPER, Live or Btitwig, and also Wavelab, RX and Audacity, all already mentioned here) may be great for some audio tasks but not so much for others.
Fernando (FMR)

For pure audio editing I use Audition or RX, depending on the task.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Also it looks like Studio one 5 is getting announced in a few days (7th) so you may want to wait and see what that offers!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Before all thanks everybody for the appreciated suggestions
Maybe I'm looking for something unavailable (or impossible to realize) or that I'm not able to find; something able to modify the sound bend to cut or reduce harmonic anomalies or unwanted effects in a record. I'm not able to find such options inside S1...

SLiC wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:49 am Also it looks like Studio one 5 is getting announced in a few days (7th) so you may want to wait and see what that offers!
Great idea.......maybe the final solution :)

asstolff wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:13 pm Before all thanks everybody for the appreciated suggestions
Maybe I'm looking for something unavailable (or impossible to realize) or that I'm not able to find; something able to modify the sound bend to cut or reduce harmonic anomalies or unwanted effects in a record. I'm not able to find such options inside S1...
Sounds like you want iZotope RX- try the demo, its often on sale....

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/rx.html

Reaper and Samplitude can do spectral editing (I think that’s what you mean).

SLiC wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:14 pm Sounds like you want iZotope RX- try the demo, its often on sale....

It was an idea I had reading its specifications
the second option was Magix Sound Forge (same family of Samplitude)....what do you think about it?

asstolff wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:06 pm
SLiC wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:14 pm Sounds like you want iZotope RX- try the demo, its often on sale....

It was an idea I had reading its specifications
the second option was Magix Sound Forge (same family of Samplitude)....what do you think about it?
Had an older version but never used it. It can probably do what you need. I would get the demo if I were you.

for audio repair work RX is extremely popular - vocal repair for example but also things like noise reduction and repair in post eg many Game of Thrones scenes were shot next to a a busy road and all the road noise removed in post etc etc.
If you want to get rid of the noise of an airconditioner and so on.
It really depends on the specific task, but like others have mentioned it sounds like RX is the one for you

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”