One Synth Challenge #136: Odin 2 by The Wave Warden (Photonic Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Finished voting. Lots of really good stuff and some outstanding works. All very inspiring, thanks for that!
Definitely going to be using Odin more. As a Linux user this synth makes for a great addition!

I have voted.

How long are we able to vote?

As of now I don't have access to my OSC account (which is bound to my KVR-nick) because I'm stupid. :tu:

TheWaveWarden wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:16 pm How long are we able to vote?

As of now I don't have access to my OSC account (which is bound to my KVR-nick) because I'm stupid. :tu:
Hi The Wave Warden. It's all in the first post:

bjporter wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:15 pm
Click here to Vote! (Open to all at KVR who entered or have 40+ posts)

Here's How Voting Works:
  1. Login or Register here, but make sure to *Read the Rules for voting*
  2. Listen to all the amazing tracks of the month , and comment on Soundcloud
  3. All tracks are scored from 1 to 5, by dragging them over.
  4. **YOU MUST score ALL tracks by the end of the day on the 15th, and if you don't vote, you are disqualified**
  5. Tell us you voted here in a forum post
  6. If you have problems, let us know :)
  7. Most importantly... have fun!

**MAKE SURE YOU READ THE RULES** | See Contest Page for latest track Submissions, Info, FAQ & More
:tu:

Voted.

This was the month with the most fives and fours for me by far. I considered to down-vote some tracks. But no, they are as good. Though there are one or two better ones at the very top.
:shrug:

Mighty Odin!
Creative musicians/sound engineers/producers!

I have a question about voting. If I log in to my profile and distribute half of the tracks, and then go out and log in again the next day, will my voting progress be saved?
:?:
:idea:
:!:
I also described a big problem with Odin II in Cakewalk. Just wanted to make sure TheWaveWarden saw it (or not). Do I need to describe it somewhere else?

Your voting will be saved ...

Best thing with your bug report is to go to his website and describe it there for him ... easy process ...

dB

Voted. Great entries everyone!

IV! wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:41 pm I also described a big problem with Odin II in Cakewalk. Just wanted to make sure TheWaveWarden saw it (or not). Do I need to describe it somewhere else?
The issue where exporting isn't possible? Yeah that one's on the issuelist, will be fixed before release.

Or do you mean a different one?

Sorry, I didn't specify! :dog:
The problem with" restarting " sound in several situations, which I described in detail (I hope) on page 11 of this topic. A long message begins with "Address to Mr. TheWaveWarden!" :D

TheWaveWarden wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:16 pm How long are we able to vote?

IIRC it asks for your nick when really it wants your email or vice versa.

Voted!

I expected a lot of good entries with Odin2. But to my surprise there are some tracks with new style, never or less heard in the contest till now. I like this broad variety. I think I have more 5 than usually!
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

IV! wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:57 pm What happens: if a sound or chord is taken with a preset that has a long fade - out, then this sound or chord is played again (this causes the played keys to stick, which I can cancel if I click on all the played notes again).
Hmmm sorry, I don't get what's happening: A chord is taken with a preset - it is played again?
So you play the notes and they sound two times? The second time is on note-off?

Sorry to hear you had troubles and it hindered your OSC entry :neutral:

I have voted. All tracks scored.
Thanks TheWaveWarden for Odin2
(and for your hint about a mandatory extra strong password while creating an OSC account)

Voted! It's the earliest I've ever finished listening and voting, so I might go back and tweak a couple of scores.

Lots of great tracks again this month, and just a ton of terrific sounds. Even the number, diversity and quality of single-instance entries was superb.

Return to “Instruments”