AudioThing NEW Speakers Plugin - Microphone and Speaker Simulations - Update v1.2.5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Speakers

What about a dedicated hi-pass filter for the noise section as well?

Russell Grand wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:42 am What about a dedicated hi-pass filter for the noise section as well?
You can use the filter section if you want. Just make sure to put the Input after it. For example, like this:

If you need additional filtering, you can always use the EQs in the Mic and Speaker sections.
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

audiothing wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:58 pm
Russell Grand wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:42 am What about a dedicated hi-pass filter for the noise section as well?
You can use the filter section if you want. Just make sure to put the Input after it. For example, like this:

If you need additional filtering, you can always use the EQs in the Mic and Speaker sections.
Ah, I'm a little embarrassed that I didn't figure that one out on my own. Thanks, AT!

Really easy to dial in a vibe with this. Bought it and enjoying it right away. Excited to see where it goes!

audiothing wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:31 pm
stuman wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:15 pm Instant purchase for me. So does Speakers completely replace Speaker and Megaphone, but not Fog Convolver?
Speakers is definitely replacing Speaker (now discontinued).
We decided to keep Megaphone alive, for now, as you can do a few extra things there (trigger noise, button/burst noise, and the feedback algorithm is different).
Fog Convolver is getting a big update soon as well. We'll try to push Fog Convolver towards reverbs/spaces and for experimental stuff (if you want to mangle and act directly on the impulses).
While Speakers was is meant to be a post-production dedicated plugin.
Just bought and thank you for the discount (as a Fog Convolver user)! I'm very interested to see where you take Fog Convolver.

Is this plugin better than mc dsp futzbox?

Thanks guys! We'll probably have an update really soon.
I think the suggestion to have a proper Mix knob was really good, so we've added an option to switch Dry/Wet to single Mix control.

Update v1.0.1
You can download the update from your user area.

Changelog:
  • Added: Global Setting to switch from Dry/Wet to a single Mix control
  • Improved: Minor graphic glitches
  • Fixed: Ribbon Microphones not loading properly in the DEMO version

Another great product with a generous upgrade price. Love to see the latest technology for this kind of stuff.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

crystalmsc wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:49 am Another great product with a generous upgrade price.
I appreciate your ironic style for describing a less than 10% discount for the owners of the previous version :tu:

There's a small bug when installing on Windows 10 v1909 / Live 10.1.14 VST2
I have moved my Public Documents folder to another drive, but it seems Speakers does install to the default location.
So had to copy the presets/samples to my moved location. I guess the path is probably hard coded somewhere in the installer, because the VST did look in the right location, but found nothing initially.

dermage wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:03 pm There's a small bug when installing on Windows 10 v1909 / Live 10.1.14 VST2
I have moved my Public Documents folder to another drive, but it seems Speakers does install to the default location.
So had to copy the presets/samples to my moved location. I guess the path is probably hard coded somewhere in the installer, because the VST did look in the right location, but found nothing initially.
That's odd, no the path in the installer is not hardcoded, but reading the docs of Inno Setup (the tool we use to make the installers), it might result in a different path if the installer is not run as administrator. We'll run some tests to see what we can do. Thanks for the heads up!

i dont have that much of Audiothing yet and i dunno about quality but i really love how supportive, responsive this dev is! big respect! i still have speakerphone so i might not buy this but just wanted to give some feedback.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:22 pm i dont have that much of Audiothing yet and i dunno about quality but i really love how supportive, responsive this dev is! big respect! i still have speakerphone so i might not buy this but just wanted to give some feedback.
Thank you! :oops:

Update v1.1
You can download the update from your user area.

Changelog:
  • Added: 3 speaker models (Tape Player C1, Telephone Dialler, Microcassette Recorder)
  • Added: 2 mic models (GDM 15, Toy Mic 2)
  • Added: 3 degradation algorithms (Radio Gate, VoIP, Warble)
  • Added: 4 background noise (Tape Recorder, Fans, Vinyl 1, Vinyl 2)
  • Added: Pitch and Balance controls for the background noises
  • Added: Noise Envelope Attack and Release Controls
  • Added: Option to load models inside the Audio Thread (potentially fixing offline rendering issues)
  • Added: Light and Dark UI mode
  • Added: Option to enable Accelerated GUI
  • Improved: macOS CPU usage
  • Improved: Envelope labels are now clickable
  • Fixed: Ableton Live 10 crashing when loading a project with VST3 and Robotization or Quantization effect enabled
  • Fixed: Rendering Offline issue while there’s a Speaker or Mic Type automation
  • Fixed: Parameter locks not recalling properly when loading saved projects

Return to “Effects”