Maschine and Virtual Midi Cables

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to run a couple of midi-generating VSTs (Melodya, Scaler) in Maschine standalone and would like to record their output both within Maschine and separately in Ableton. I understand that the key to making this work is the use of virtual midi cables, so I installed loopMIDI (and also previously installed LoopBe). However, I can't seem to get this going. In Maschine, I installed the midi-generating VST in sound/pad number 1, and a synth sound in sound/pad number 2. I set the midi output destination for sound/pad number 1 to loopMIDI channel 1, and set the midi input source for sound/pad number 2 to loopMIDI channel 1. When I press play in Maschine, however, I do not hear different notes, but a single note repeatedly triggered multiple times - in other words, the note data does not seem to be transmitted at all. Is there another setting I need to change so that the actual notes are transmitted to sound/pad number 2?

Similarly, I don't get individual notes transmitted to Ableton when I select loopMIDI channel 1 as the input source on a midi track.

Any help you could provide would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”