Unfiltered Audio BYOME

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Byometrics Carmen for BYOME Unfiltered Audio BYOME

AcrossTheSky wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:40 am I got TRIAD a few days ago and wondering - is BYOME really worth getting? I mainly going to do sound design - are there
serious advantages of using Byome???
Triad is a multi-band, more recent version of Byome.
You can still use use Triad as single band if you choose the parallel type of processing and stick to the first band.

So if you already own Triad, no need to have Byome. The main reason to want Byome would be to have the option of a slightly more streamlined interface when you don't want multi-band.

Thanks, someone wrote in earlier post ' TRIAD has no real single-band mode ' so I was wondering....

Anyway - best to try and see for yourself. the modulation options are cool in both - time to have fun.
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

AcrossTheSky wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:53 am Thanks, someone wrote in earlier post ' TRIAD has no real single-band mode ' so I was wondering....
Works for me. Like this:
- Switch processing to 2X Parallel
- Lower the volume of the second band to 0
- Press the Unity button (so the plugin realigns itself to unity gain)

Now you are operating perfectly at single track, with unity gain to the input loudness.

You can also save this as a preset, to spare the 4 clicks the next time.

jochicago wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:47 am
AcrossTheSky wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:40 am I got TRIAD a few days ago and wondering - is BYOME really worth getting? I mainly going to do sound design - are there
serious advantages of using Byome???
Triad is a multi-band, more recent version of Byome.
You can still use use Triad as single band if you choose the parallel type of processing and stick to the first band.

So if you already own Triad, no need to have Byome. The main reason to want Byome would be to have the option of a slightly more streamlined interface when you don't want multi-band.
Not necessarily. Triad is missing Byome's AGC - IMO it's best feature. Misleadingly named because it acts more like an 'amplitude transfer function'. It makes the output 'inherit' the volume of the input. If you process your drums into an ambient wash then max out AGC in Byome, the ambient wash takes on the shape and all the 'snap' of the drums. AGC in Triad seems to be more about balancing the contribution of each band.

Triad/Byome were a gateway drug for me to get to the Unfiltered plug-ins i love even more: Sandman Pro and SpecOps.
All combined, it's great to see a family of plug-ins that takes modulation so seriously.

I wonder what the upcoming Unfiltered Audio plugin will be (mentioned in PA promo email). I haven't seen any leaked screenshots or video yet.
“Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.” -Miles Davis

scott_free wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:39 pm I wonder what the upcoming Unfiltered Audio plugin will be (mentioned in PA promo email). I haven't seen any leaked screenshots or video yet.
QUADrad! :P

I just posted it in another thread. Dirk (CEO of PA) posted this about a month or so ago on FB.

Unfiltered Audio FX & Synth :party:

https://imgur.com/a/F9Hg8XV

scott_free wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:39 pm I wonder what the upcoming Unfiltered Audio plugin will be (mentioned in PA promo email). I haven't seen any leaked screenshots or video yet.
multiband version of Lion :)

fairlyclose wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:49 am
haha that was my first thought LION TRI.. o well will be another synth, or they are building indeed LION, as triad to byome.

Given their experience with totally modular modulators and Michael's modules for Reaktor, UA fully modular synth?

How would that work?

schpaeckulum wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:34 am
How would that work?
As a joke :lol:

good joke, i thought also the same LION TRI, TRILION...

i am curious, but even after a year, i don't have fully drained LION, so much possibilies, i bought instantly, as triad.
now i will wait, to much to discover. and perhaps if it is that good, so mind blowing (and LION is a *beep" great synth). i don't know (i am also interested in the PPG synths...). but i have enough to discover for a year now. so...

but i know myself...

GaryG wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:09 am Given their experience with totally modular modulators and Michael's modules for Reaktor, UA fully modular synth?
another fully modular synth? in way they have it, in reaktor..
just like glitchmachines have their own way of setting up complex modulation, i think unfiltered audio will keep the path taken, perhaps extend it. it is what it seperate it from soft modulars, like softube modular, voltage modular and reaktor (and others). i have them, i like that triad, byome, o well i have all UA plugins (for now..), like them all, completely modular isn't always necessary. and a more focused modular like triad, or semi-modular, and the way it is designed, it gives you other results, it works diffently.

and i don't need another MXXX(Core) (but i have almost every melda plugin..). or a voltage modular kind of modular... but that are my needs.

unfiltered audio is popular (how popular i don't know), because they have their own thinking, how to approach a synth of FX. like glitchmachines, or melda.

Return to “Effects”