Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

Last one. Red buttons and stripes.

Here's the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z83z4zxlk370n ... s.zip?dl=0
OB-Xd Vintage Stripes.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

An update: so I had some time on my hands again and ended up recreating the whole thing pretty much from scratch. It's all gone smoothly, including rebuilding the GUI via XML until I hit the LCD-display section. Can't seem to resize it without severe distortions, also the legato states aren't displayed correctly, as if it the coordinates for the different states of it don't match up or something. Am I missing something? (The screenshot is just a mockup.)

OBXd_Prev01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Faceless_79 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:11 pm An update: so I had some time on my hands again and ended up recreating the whole thing pretty much from scratch. It's all gone smoothly, including rebuilding the GUI via XML until I hit the LCD-display section. Can't seem to resize it without severe distortions, also the legato states aren't displayed correctly, as if it the coordinates for the different states of it don't match up or something. Am I missing something? (The screenshot is just a mockup.)
I had the same problem. Hopefully George sees this and can address it or provide instructions as to how to do it correctly.

It's been quite on the OB-Xd front lately, so I'm hoping the parameter refactoring or whatever is still happening.

EDIT:
Forgot to say: your new mockup looks great BTW. I think I prefer the knobs on the prior version, but the new one is otherwise an improvement throughout.

Question: does the new skinning framework allow you to create a red button? It didn't even occur to me, but I like it.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:14 pm EDIT:
Forgot to say: your new mockup looks great BTW. I think I prefer the knobs on the prior version, but the new one is otherwise an improvement throughout.

Question: does the new skinning framework allow you to create a red button? It didn't even occur to me, but I like it.
Thanks, I'll probably make another skin at some point, more old school with the old school knobs, too.

As for the menu button, yes it does allow that. As it's just a png, like the rest of them. But currently it's static so no on/off states.

Faceless_79 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:35 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:14 pm EDIT:

Thanks, I'll probably make another skin at some point, more old school with the old school knobs, too.

As for the menu button, yes it does allow that. As it's just a png, like the rest of them. But currently it's static so no on/off states.
Here's how sharp I am: I didn't notice it was the menu button. :dog: :lol:

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:14 pm I had the same problem. Hopefully George sees this and can address it or provide instructions as to how to do it correctly.
Yeah, it's a strange thing, been trying to make sense of it. It does allow the image size to be altered, as not all LDC's of the previous skins are of the same size. Could try and see if it helps to use a bigger image but maintain the same proportions as in one of the previous skins.

Faceless_79 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:55 pm Could try and see if it helps to use a bigger image but maintain the same proportions as in one of the previous skins.
I had tried that and it didn't work. I was trying to increase the proportions about 1.25x and scaled up the images, adjusted the size in the .xml, tried combinations of those...nothing worked. The text just refused to align. That's why those text boxes are so small in my skin relative to the rest of the GUI.

Interestingly, if you increase the width via the w-parameter in the xml file, the width of the image grows but also gets stretched. Now, if you increase the height via the h-parameter, the height grows as you’d expect it to but the image doesn’t get stretched, just more of it is revealed vertically.

Faceless_79 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:25 pm Interestingly, if you increase the width via the w-parameter in the xml file, the width of the image grows but also gets stretched. Now, if you increase the height via the h-parameter, the height grows as you’d expect it to but the image doesn’t get stretched, just more of it is revealed vertically.
It's perfect, can you upload the skin?

vertibration wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:57 pm
Faceless_79 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:25 pm Interestingly, if you increase the width via the w-parameter in the xml file, the width of the image grows but also gets stretched. Now, if you increase the height via the h-parameter, the height grows as you’d expect it to but the image doesn’t get stretched, just more of it is revealed vertically.
It's perfect, can you upload the skin?
Sorry, I will as soon as all the issues have been ironed out.

Faceless_79 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:11 pm An update: so I had some time on my hands again and ended up recreating the whole thing pretty much from scratch. It's all gone smoothly, including rebuilding the GUI via XML until I hit the LCD-display section. Can't seem to resize it without severe distortions, also the legato states aren't displayed correctly, as if it the coordinates for the different states of it don't match up or something. Am I missing something? (The screenshot is just a mockup.)

Looking great. Consider LCD bitmaps should be provided in 1x and 2x sizes and w and h XML parameters have to get 1x GUI coordinates. If you're having issues with it feel free to send me the files to contactus@discodsp.com and I will investigate what's wrong.

Cheers,
George.

Thanks, George :) Got it under control now, should be finished soon.

Cool :) Hope we can enjoy it shortly!

Love the 2.0! and wow on the new themes...
< nobody cares what you use >

Faceless_79s theme is beautiful :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Return to “Instruments”