Announcement: Developing a "100% Totally Accurate" CS-80 Emulation /s

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

People have been asking for a perfect CS-80 emulation. Well, I've got some HUGE news to share! I've decided to make it a new lifelong pursuit of mine to develop an absolutely perfect CS-80 using my proprietary Totally Accurate Modeling technology. The goal is to create a plugin that will completely mimic the experience of playing and owning a CS-80. This will be a totally 100% authentic CS-80 experience with no added features bogging down this otherwise perfect emulation.

Features will include:

1. All front panel controls and performance controls
2. 100% accurate under-the-hood preset panel emulation
3. Ribbon controller
3. Totally Accurate Modeling (TAM is an unregistered trademark, patent not pending), 100% faithful recreation
4. No effects
5. No extra features not found on the hardware

Benefits of TAM technology over others:

1. One instance per-project, per-license. Want 2 instances? You'll need to buy 2 licenses.
2. No MIDI input playback. Want to record your CS-80 in your DAW? You'll be required to play it live, record to a new audio track.
3. No VST automation. Play it live!
4. No recall. Load up a project and the current settings will be wherever you last left them the last time you loaded the synth. But remember: the CS-80 has the preset panel and buttons to speed things up a bit.
5. Ribbon controller will only function on a touch screen monitor or with a hardware ribbon controller.
6. Keyboard will only function on controllers with polyphonic aftertouch. If your controller can't produce Poly AT, it's not the true CS-80 experience. Look for less accurate emulations.
7. TAM technology is so accurate components will sometimes fail. Repairing the plugin will require a technician and several weeks. Repair costs will vary based on what components need replacing and time required for the repair. You will be required to pay shipping both ways.
8. Emulation will make your PC weigh 180lbs and will generate enough heat to warm a room.
9. Using the plugin will fill your room with that pleasant "vintage gear smell."

The goal is to create an absolutely perfect emulation of the CS-80 experience. Please let me know if I missed any key features while I'm still in the R&D phase.

Estimated price: $1,300 per instance (still less than 1/10th what a CS-80 sells for and less than half of other hardware clones). Shipping not included. Repair costs will vary.
Last edited by Funkybot's Evil Twin on Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

sounds good :tu:

put me down for two for home and one for the laptop :)

vurt wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:06 pm sounds good :tu:

put me down for two for home and one for the laptop :)
PM your card info and I'll put a small deposit down to hold your place in line. :tu:

cool. on its way.

I should also note: only 2,000 plugins will be made. Just like the hardware. Act fast!

Hmm, how am I supposed to play it without MIDI input? Guess I'll need a pressure-sensitive touchscreen for the polyphonic aftertouch :wheee:
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Greenstorm33 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:19 pm Hmm, how am I supposed to play it without MIDI input? Guess I'll need a pressure-sensitive touchscreen for the polyphonic aftertouch :wheee:
I suppose you're right. We'll have to add that to the requirements I suppose.

And what if I want to hang around playing (slaughtering) the whole soundtrack from Blade Runner like when being at the store?

nordickvr wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:14 pm And what if I want to hang around playing (slaughtering) the whole soundtrack from Blade Runner like when being at the store?
That will be the only way to demo the product. You'll need to go to retailer with a license, slaughter the Blade Runner soundtrack there, then have them transfer the license to you upon purchase.

We definitely need more softsynths with olfactory modeling technology. Imho, there is a vastly underserved market waiting.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:17 am
nordickvr wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:14 pm And what if I want to hang around playing (slaughtering) the whole soundtrack from Blade Runner like when being at the store?
That will be the only way to demo the product. You'll need to go to retailer with a license, slaughter the Blade Runner soundtrack there, then have them transfer the license to you upon purchase.
Man, sounds quite amazing!
Hope there’ll be a guitar department with some guys slaughtering Stairway to Heaven to get some authentic ambiance.
And please, don’t forget the drums department to have at least one guy treating you like s**t.
Can’t wait :hyper:

I told you guys! I'm planning for 100% authenticity. No joke.

I'll wait 30 years and pay $35,000 for it. :tu:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”