New Toneboosters Compressor :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The zoning feature is great. Compress the lows and mids and let the top shine through. You can audition the zone too. Very intuitive interface and I think the sound quality is Great.

Another classy yet affordable tool from ToneBoosters. Loving this thing.

Very helpful explanations Jeroen, thank you!

Nice work Jeroen!

Difficult to make this one sound bad!

One suggestion is to have the option of In+Out meters next to each other similar to EQ v4. If wanting to match make-up levels roughly by eye, having 'In vs Out' makes this super quick before tweaking further by ear.

Very nice to hear about the updates, keep up the good work.
Take care :wink:

I am reading about 3 modes (analytical....) can't find them in the plugin :D where are they?

Mr. Spock wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:26 am I am reading about 3 modes (analytical....) can't find them in the plugin :D where are they?
I think that might have actually been removed in the latest version. I don't see it either

It's been simplified to a toggle, which I think is the 'Complex' button

Thanks for the reply. Hmm, so far the complex mode was more off than on for me. Multiband detection sounds great in theory but in reality I have the impression things get too gritty and sounding more "rough" than the normal mode. Will test more though. The auto-make up is mostly useless, too. TDR are some of the few that really got that right.

Mr. Spock wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:46 pm Thanks for the reply. Hmm, so far the complex mode was more off than on for me. Multiband detection sounds great in theory but in reality I have the impression things get too gritty and sounding more "rough" than the normal mode. Will test more though. The auto-make up is mostly useless, too. TDR are some of the few that really got that right.
I've seen the opposite. For very complex material, the multiband detector is super smooth! But it's great to have the two modes and be able to quickly switch between them with a click of a button :-)

Auto make up gain works quite well with a bit of manual adjustment which the control seems to allow.

All in all a great new workhorse in my collection of plugins , thanks TB!

I demoed from the first release till current. The first one was not ready to bee release. Meanwhile features came and have gone or changed. Bad idea. The 4.20 ist the first release I am a kind of satisfied, soundwise.
What I dont like with the lastest release, 4.3 I think, Installer 1.4.6 are the UI changes for the whole V4 plugins. Too small, unnice gray color. It should be set back to the 1.4.4 Installer version.

Any new feedback on this one? I see by the notes the latest engine change was in Aug (4.3.0). I'll try the demo again but would like to hear from anyone that is using this as their primary.

How it is different from the Barricade's compressor? (Besides broader feature set)

From what I understand, Barricade is more of a limiter, whereas TB Compressor 4 is more of an all-rounder compressor. I'm looking at the TB Comp 4 too, looks affordable and neat.

I know, but Barricade 4 has a compressor module (threshold, ratio, attack and release (also with the option for auto release). If it is based on Barricade compressor, are all the improvements for Comp 4 going to be applied on Barricade comp?

New changelog notes are up. I haven't gotten a chance to try anything yet, but it looks like the new preset system has been implemented. ReelBus also gets an HQ mode!

Return to “Effects”