Crust [pre-alpha]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:01 pm You can tell Bitwig the pitch bend range of the plugin in the Bitwig device properties where you turn on MPE.
Yes, but I won't matter if the synth can't accept that data.

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:46 pm Try this, my goto Brass patch, though slides are limited to two semitones, but pressure and timbre are fine... (requires Bitwig 3.2)
Cool hack, thanks!

Fedor_Tkachev wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:15 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:01 pm You can tell Bitwig the pitch bend range of the plugin in the Bitwig device properties where you turn on MPE.
Yes, but I won't matter if the synth can't accept that data.
Oh Crust doesn’t respond to pitch bend at all? That’s strange.

@Echoes in the Attic it responds to pitchbend, but it seems to be internally set to ±2, which is reasonable for playing with the pitch wheel on a midi keyboard, but for the linnstrument you need at least ±12 option. Setting the pb range in the plugin inspector does nothing.

Fedor_Tkachev wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:15 pm @Echoes in the Attic it responds to pitchbend, but it seems to be internally set to ±2, which is reasonable for playing with the pitch wheel on a midi keyboard, but for the linnstrument you need at least ±12 option. Setting the pb range in the plugin inspector does nothing.
If you have mpe turned on then setting the pb range to 2 will make it line up properly. But obviously you’ll only be able to bend 2 notes on the linnstrument.

Sounds great. Can’t believe I missed this.

I love this synth... if I can figure it out, I may even like it. :lol:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Actual link to the latest version always in the first post?

Any synth can sound cool with tons of cheap, bad sounding reverb applied.

I'll try it out soon and see if it still sounds good with better sounding (boring) reverb, or no reverb.

I can make it sound great without reverb. Best for realistic brass sounds, but you need some tricks to play it expressively… I put it into an instrument layer in Bitwig and move it into MPE land…

Hey all. Yesterday I spontaneously decided to give crust another try. I stopped using it when migrating to an M1 mac, but now I went for it anyway. Bridging it actually does work for me in REAPER, though the CPU hit is pretty severe, I'm getting similar performance that I remember getting on my previous (much older) machine.

However, it still felt worthwhile, as I was immediately reminded how wonderful this synth is. Even with its alpha-state glaring faults (parameters resetting to default on load, buzzing when stopping sounds at low release times, etc), this is still one of my fave plugins of all time. <3 <3 <3

The last thing we heard here seems to be that Eugene doesn't have time to finish it. I'm just crossing my fingers that that changes someday, and sharing my appreciation anyway. :) If any of you haven't tried this yet, give it a go, you might find something super sweet.

Here's a track I made with it and released last year. The main keyboard and lead sounds in the first and last pass are Crust. https://open.spotify.com/track/4N6pIRIy ... 0310d04ae1

Take care everyone!

Too bad, I live in a Spotify free world…

Andreya_Autumn wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:06 am Here's a track I made with it and released last year. The main keyboard and lead sounds in the first and last pass are Crust. https://open.spotify.com/track/4N6pIRIy ... 0310d04ae1

Take care everyone!
Sounds good :tu:

"3 April 2018" does this qualify as the longest Alpha period ever ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:30 am Too bad, I live in a Spotify free world…
That's fair. The same track is on other services too though, Apple Music, Tidal etc etc.
My artist moniker is A.Liv and the track is called Float.

Return to “Instruments”