studio one 4

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there any sales coming up on this ,at least Artist anyway, for near free??
I see you can get it for 69$. Not bad but its limited. With a massive recession
going ,I thought they might let it cheaper..

The coupon code SUMMER2020 (automatically applied) will save you another $10.99 at online retailer Audio Deluxe. The sale is about to END and has been going on awhile. You have through June 30th.
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

I see that Studio One 4 Artist is on sale at Thomann until June 30th too, but the price is still similar.

btw. how many gigs is the Artist download??? and I know it does not support 3rd party sounds....absurd.
are the onboard sounds any good??

I don't know that, I don't have any version of Studio One. A few months ago I was thinking about moving from Live 10 and watched some videos about Studio One. It seems a solid and awesome DAW!
Was thinking about buying it with a student discount which is 50% off on the Professional version (at least at Thomann).

Some people say that the onboard sounds are good but the onboard effects and relevant songwriting functions is what makes it perfect.

k95 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:06 pm and I know it does not support 3rd party sounds....absurd.
Well, they have such business model, but even with Artist version You can do much.
For additional $79.95 You can buy an add-on, which adds VST, AU and Rewire Support.

The actual software is about 167 MB. The loops etc. are several gigs more, but you don't need to download them to use the program.

You can probably find a cheap second-hand license of Artist, lots of people got it for free with various PreSonus hardware. IMO it's better to wait for a 50% off sale and grab Professional, than to get Artist and then the VST addon. They also do crossgrade discounts to Pro if you already have another qualifying DAW. Artist lacks the Convolution Reverb, Console Shaper, Fat Channel, Multiband Dynamics and more, so it's really quite limited.

Check the Sell/Buy forum here. I picked up the full version for like, $150.

Kerry

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”