Help, Excalibur 32 bit installer (pc, vst) anyone?!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If anyone has a 32 bit installer (PC) for Exponential Audio Excalibur and would like to share, would be much appreciated!

I 've contacted izotope support and they don't have it anymore...

bump

They literally told you "we don't have a copy of the previous version anywhere"?

If they can't or won't provide you with the software you purchased, you should demand your money back.

Not providing downloads of previous versions for compatibility is totally unprofessional and unacceptable.

I am all for developers dropping 32-bit support. But that just means stopping development of 32-bit versions going forward. That should NOT mean deleting the old 32-bit versions from existence. The old 32-bit versions should still be made available to people who paid for them.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

It's not a case of asking my money back but yes they should keep legacy 32 bit vst installers around to use "as is".

Anyway probably due to the izotope/EA merge old installers were discarded but izotope themselves are not industry newbies exactly so they should be more organised. At some point i was given a link for MAC installer version 2 (although ticket from had "pc" written i believe) idk if that includes 32 bit (v1 does for sure) and pc they go back only just to v4 , which is weird/doesn't look very professional to me.

jamcat wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:24 am They literally told you "we don't have a copy of the previous version anywhere"?

If they can't or won't provide you with the software you purchased, you should demand your money back.

Not providing downloads of previous versions for compatibility is totally unprofessional and unacceptable.

I am all for developers dropping 32-bit support. But that just means stopping development of 32-bit versions going forward. That should NOT mean deleting the old 32-bit versions from existence. The old 32-bit versions should still be made available to people who paid for them.
Sorry mate but if you are right the whole software industry is unprofessional and unacceptable. Try asking Microsoft for Win95 installer you bought in 1995 and ask for refund.... Do you think they should keep the installers forever or what? What is acceptable time to keep legacy installers for any software, 10 year, 20 year, 50 years?
Why someone who still use legacy 32bit tech in 2020 did not store 32bit installers by himself? Whole software industry switched to 64bit many years ago because IT technology is permanent movement forward. This movement was very obvious and took a time. If someone is not willing to accept this and still prefer legacy technologies then he should store the old tech for future. He can't blame anyone but himself

poshook wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:46 pm Sorry mate but if you are right the whole software industry is unprofessional and unacceptable. Try asking Microsoft for Win95 installer you bought in 1995 and ask for refund.... Do you think they should keep the installers forever or what? What is acceptable time to keep legacy installers for any software, 10 year, 20 year, 50 years?
Why someone who still use legacy 32bit tech in 2020 did not store 32bit installers by himself? Whole software industry switched to 64bit many years ago because IT technology is permanent movement forward. This movement was very obvious and took a time. If someone is not willing to accept this and still prefer legacy technologies then he should store the old tech for future. He can't blame anyone but himself
All of my other software except for iZotope provides the previous versions for download.
I can go into my Presonus account and download Studio One 1.0, Studio One 2.0, Studio One 3.0, and Studio One 4.0. Why? Because I PAID FOR THEM.

I can also download previous releases of each.
Why? Because if a bug slipped by into the latest version that is rendering it unusable to me, I can download the previous version and reinstall it.

And Microsoft DOES provide old versions of Windows. Windows 95 was never a download, but they gave you a CD when you purchased it.

Here is where Microsoft is STILL providing Windows 7 to download, even though they no longer support it: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softwar ... d/windows7

If Microsoft can provide customers with a 4GB download of a 10 year old operating system, then iZotope could certainly provide a 70mb previous version.

The reason for this is if they screwed their latest release, people need to be able to revert. That is the #1 reason why it is unprofessional and unacceptable that they do not provide past releases.

And by the way, iZotope does have a download section for "Legacy Products" where you can get legacy versions just like Presonus and Microsoft and everyone else (though v4 of Exponential Audio products aren't there). But there is still nowhere to get the previous release of the current version for users who run into problems with the current version, which is really what the issue is here.
Last edited by jamcat on Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jamcat wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:24 pm All of my other software except for iZotope provides the previous versions for download.
I can go into my Presonus account and download Studio One 1.0, Studio One 2.0, Studio One, 3.0, and Studio One 4.0. Why? Because I PAID FOR THEM.
What you are asking for is rather being able to download Studio One 4.1 though. Good luck finding the installer for that...

iZotope bought Exponential Audio. If Exponential Audio don't provide 32-bit installers to them, or anyone finds it worthwhile to still offer those, there's not much you can do about it. I don't think a software company is obliged to offer every version of the software which has even been released, including 32-bit versions. If the software is 64-bit only now, there's not much to argue about.

I am curious. When did you purchase it?
And do you remember which versions specifically you are looking for? I might have some older versions, but can't quite remember when they stopped doing 32 bit.
rsp
sound sculptist

chk071 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:27 pm
jamcat wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:24 pm All of my other software except for iZotope provides the previous versions for download.
I can go into my Presonus account and download Studio One 1.0, Studio One 2.0, Studio One, 3.0, and Studio One 4.0. Why? Because I PAID FOR THEM.
What you are asking for is rather being able to download Studio One 4.1 though. Good luck finding the installer for that...
Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 2.31.56 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hm, not bad! Probably picked the wrong example then. :) I don't know many other companies which let you do that.

My point stands though. I don't think any company is obliged to offer old versions. The least really do.

jamcat wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:24 pm
poshook wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:46 pm Sorry mate but if you are right the whole software industry is unprofessional and unacceptable. Try asking Microsoft for Win95 installer you bought in 1995 and ask for refund.... Do you think they should keep the installers forever or what? What is acceptable time to keep legacy installers for any software, 10 year, 20 year, 50 years?
All of my other software except for iZotope provides the previous versions for download.
I can go into my Presonus account and download Studio One 1.0, Studio One 2.0, Studio One 3.0, and Studio One 4.0. Why? Because I PAID FOR THEM.
If you paid for a software you was able to download it right after so you got what you paid. If you paid for a software there was no agreement that your purchase includes the option that developer allows you download the same version forever in the future. Providing access to all legacy versions is just a good will from developers but definitely not a responsibility. If you used legacy version why didn't you store it by yourself?

zvenx wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:33 pm I am curious. When did you purchase it?
And do you remember which versions specifically you are looking for? I might have some older versions, but can't quite remember when they stopped doing 32 bit.
rsp
Thanks for you interest, i bought it in last month's promo for 10 euros which is a very sweet deal. I use both 64 & 32-bit but i'd like to have the 32-bit version as well, it's quite old now v1 definitely has 32bit vst but i'm not sure about later versions as i say above, v2 may have as well, v3 chances are slim but would worth a try i guess?

Any version can be checked by running the installer (64bit OS doesn't matter) and see what vst options are there, then just cancel.

Btw the Microsoft Windows example couldn't be more wrong, actually Microsoft even keeps VCR 2005 32bit service pack as a download, or win7 sp1 32&64 bit or even separate win7 32 bit updates!!

You shouldn't be surprised some still keep old MACs/PCs or just 32bit in the audio world or need to activate old plugins.

enduser282 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:48 pm
zvenx wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:33 pm I am curious. When did you purchase it?
rsp
Thanks for you interest, i bought it in last month's promo for 10 euros which is a very sweet deal. I use both 64 & 32-bit but i'd like to have the 32-bit version as well, it's quite old now v1 definitely has 32bit vst but i'm not sure about later versions as i say above, v2 may have as well, v3 chances are slim but would worth a try i guess?

Any version can be checked by running the installer (64bit OS doesn't matter) and see what vst options are there, then just cancel.
Ahh which explains why izotope didn't feel they needed to provide a 32 bit version for you, and you wouldn't have had one in your archive.
Give me a few days to look for some old backup dvd's.
You should know though, that you will have to do some maneuvering to get both 32 and 64 bit installed. The newer EA installs removed the 32 bit versions I believe, whilst installing the 64 bit version.
rsp
sound sculptist

enduser282 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:51 pm You shouldn't be surprised some still keep old MACs/PCs or just 32bit in the audio world or need to activate old plugins.
I doubt they are too many. If I keep car purchased 20 years ago, It is normal to expect having troubles to get spare parts for it especially if the manufacturer's property rights have changed in the meantime

Return to “Effects”