KNIFONIUM synth released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

robotmonkey wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:50 pm Judging from the demos AIR Vacuum Pro has nailed the tube modelling better.
I disagree. I own Vacuum Pro, and it's nowhere near this new PA synth.

May I add, Knifonium sounds great, but imo TAL-Mod can easily match it.

Sinisterbr wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:29 pm
robotmonkey wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:50 pm Judging from the demos AIR Vacuum Pro has nailed the tube modelling better.
To me it seems to have more analog warmth and sparkle and sounds more like real tubes.
No signature here!

chk071 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:21 pm Hmm... if that's what Vacuum Pro sounds like, then it might be time to finally install it. :)

Just gotta figure out where I got it from now lol...
Either with a cheap M-Audio controller or for 1$ from Plugin Boutique or for free from CM? :hihi:
No signature here!

abi wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:15 am Oh this actually sounds nice! Can’t wait for 2021 when I’ll get this for 20 dollars
I really don’t understand the pricing strategy of Plugin Alliance. It’s like they’re daring you to not buy it. Demo sounds pretty nice, but not nicer than any high end software synth. Also, would it have killed them to put a glowing tube graphic on it? So we know? :lol:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

What synth is this supposed to be?

The Knifonium, it's a hardware tube synth.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=688993285290036
zerocrossing wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:50 pm It’s like they’re daring you to not buy it.
They are daring you to subscribe :)
Last edited by gondii on Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robotmonkey wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:51 pm
chk071 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:21 pm Hmm... if that's what Vacuum Pro sounds like, then it might be time to finally install it. :)

Just gotta figure out where I got it from now lol...
Either with a cheap M-Audio controller or for 1$ from Plugin Boutique or for free from CM? :hihi:
Free from CM it was. :)

Official Knif Audio Knifonium website (hardware synth):
http://knifaudio.com/knifonium/

The synth and the upcoming plugin indeed look and sound really interesting.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Sounds wonderful. Really curious to see how the price will turn out.
Take care :wink:

Well the hardware is definitely affordable. :D
"USA / Canada Knifonium purchase price is 15999$, which includes shipping but does not include customs and duty fee."
rsp
sound sculptist

Sinisterbr wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:29 pm
Wouldn't surprise me TBH. What I hear in the Knifonium video really sounds good, and up to par with other top tier emulations.

I’ve owned Vacuum Pro since I bought AIP Complete in 2016. I haven’t really played with it much since 2016 either. I could list a handful of VSTs I would use before it. Not that it’s a “bad” synth, but there are definitely better sounding synths, at least to my ears. VP is a bit “long in the tooth” at this point, particularly if you can occasionally pick up a copy for $1. I guess all the U-he, Synapse, and Xils synths kind of ruined me. Bx’s Oberhausen is no slouch either. I think I paid $50 for Oberhausen when it came out. I don’t plan on spending any more for this one. But yeah, Knifonium sounds really nice.

The only synth I ever heard that I felt deserved a $15,000 price tag (actually it's $20,000) is this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oImoScan6P8

The Knife sounds okay, but $15,000? Not even close. The VST is decent sounding but I have plenty of synths that sounds as good if not better.

Sorry, I'm not hearing the special sauce here.

Return to “Instruments”