KNIFONIUM synth released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

On my 17" HD laptop screen it's... okay. Smaller would be an issue for me, I would actually prefer 20% larger. So I would expect a 4k screen for example to be getting a bit difficult... they really should just get with the times and make their UIs scalable...

I'm running 64bit version.

I've played the real deal. This is going to be interesting to see how it stacks up.

I also got a bonus wonderful picture taken by Jonte Knif himself, of my then 6 year old son playing the Knifonium at a local synth meetup. :D

"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:27 am Thanks. And it's 64 bit?
It is. Go ahead now! :tu:

BONES wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:07 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:45 amSounds fantastic. :o The sound "character" could be arguably compared to AIR's Vacuum Pro, which is also tube based.
Really? I am listening on my cheap work headphones but the first thing that struck me was how generic it sounded. In fact, the first patch reminds me of something on one of my SynthEdit synths from 15 years ago. I'm not hearing anything at all special about it and I can't imagine it will be in the same league as Vacuum Pro, which is just about the best V/A around.
I am no one to say which is better, but I also like Vacuum Pro and the KNIFONIUM's sound just reminded me of it, mostly because of the "tube" vibe. :tu:

List price $299, sale price $20. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

But you'd have to wait until enough people paid $299...

That's ok I can wait out the suckers....errr I mean early adopters. :hihi:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:54 am That's ok I can wait out the suckers....errr I mean early adopters. :hihi:
Err...I mean the beta testers :wink:
No auto tune...

Tj Shredder wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:45 am But you'd have to wait until enough people paid $299...
You’d have more money than sense to pay more than $39 for anything PA. They’ve totally devalued their products. I’ll wait a few months, and if it’s any good buy it from PA for $29 or a KvR seller for $20 :)

PA is a business. So my guess is that they care more about their revenue than the perceived, monetary value of their products. The subscriptions are going well. And seeing how they are buying up brands, launching new products constantly and having their support lines collapse with thousands of new tickets every time there is a big sale, plus they are earning on each transfer, I think they are probably happy with how things are going.

They keep you hooked, and of course, if you have to wait for sales to get what you lust for, you need to follow their activities. I bet they sell more than 10 times for 1/10th of the "official" price. And there might be some customers who don't need to care, it would be not too smart to not milk them, and they have to be convinced that those products are of high quality... Seem to be a variant of Waves WUP&Sales... (WUP&Sales would make a nice band name or album name...; - )

simmo75 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:48 am You’d have more money than sense to pay more than $39 for anything PA.
There'll always be people who need it on day 1. Or did you never wonder about the people camping in front of the Apple store when a new iPhone is coming out?

Now stop complaining and buy when you want. :P IF you want, of course, which I'm not even sure about.

gondii wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:12 am PA is a business. So my guess is that they care more about their revenue than the perceived, monetary value of their products.
Seeing how successful such schemes are (PA, Waves, iZotope), I have a feeling that they're doing something right.

I just imagine how the CEOs and marketing experts of these companies have a bright smile on their face when they read threads like this...
btw. iZotope only sells Elements for cheap, or even give it away for free, not different to Live lite, Bitwig 8-Track or other appetizer apps. Though RX Elements is quite useful already... The sales of the full products don't have those crazy discounts... (Except for Iris 2 or soon to abandoned products or those who get shortly a major update in the hope that people are willing to pay more for the upgrade than they originally paid...)
Last edited by Tj Shredder on Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

They definitely sell their other brands for such prices though. The Exponential Audio stuff used to be very expensive, now they're cheap as chips when they're on sale.

And, I don't mean to encourage "CEO's" by what I write, even though I benefit from such prices. I'm just stating it how it appears to me. They're all very successful companies which are able to swallow other brands, even some with quite a name to them. It simply seems like a price scheme which seems to work for them. Regardless of what I or anyone else thinks about it.

Again, though, I vastly benefitted from it so far, because I could afford plugins I otherwise could never afford. I think it's a win-win. That's my opinion. Sorry in advance for it.

Return to “Instruments”