R.I.P. Ennio Morricone

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

rip :(

:( :( :( :( :(

One of my favorite composers. May you walk proudly among the sounds of eternity, Maestro.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Good innings at 91.

RIP.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

RIP. A great composer. Very sad news indeed.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Those Westerns he did were really brilliant.

chk071 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:52 pm Those Westerns he did were really brilliant.
Lots of ketchup with the spaghetti too! :hihi: :evil:

RIP.
No longer a moderator.

schpaeckulum wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:00 pm
chk071 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:52 pm Those Westerns he did were really brilliant.
Lots of ketchup with the spaghetti too! :hihi: :evil:
Yep, hehe.

Hermann, Bernstein, Shore, Williams... amongst a select few all had a very distinctive, individual and unmistakable style that was totally their own. You would hear a few bars and know immediately it was them but to me, none of them had what Ennio had... eclectic, organic, off kilter, beautiful, haunting sounds that juxtaposed or enhanced knowingly what was being shown on film.
He had an extremely unmistakable harmonic chordal thing that when you heard them you knew... Morricone:)
The Pan Flute when the kids are walking under the bridge in Once Upon A Time In America. The native choir singing hymns in The Mission. The piano in 1900 and all the other amazingly beautiful moments where the music transcended and became more than the sum of its parts.
Everyone knows the Spaghetti stuff and it’s a shame that they are such prominent a part of his legacy because there’s so much more and better IMHO.
I will truly miss Ennio, he’s been my guiding light for most of my music making life. Thank you for the music. RIP.

kelvyn wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:57 pm Hermann, Bernstein, Shore, Williams... amongst a select few all had a very distinctive, individual and unmistakable style that was totally their own. You would hear a few bars and know immediately it was them but to me, none of them had what Ennio had... eclectic, organic, off kilter, beautiful, haunting sounds that juxtaposed or enhanced knowingly what was being shown on film.
He had an extremely unmistakable harmonic chordal thing that when you heard them you knew... Morricone:)
The Pan Flute when the kids are walking under the bridge in Once Upon A Time In America. The native choir singing hymns in The Mission. The piano in 1900 and all the other amazingly beautiful moments where the music transcended and became more than the sum of its parts.
Everyone knows the Spaghetti stuff and it’s a shame that they are such prominent a part of his legacy because there’s so much more and better IMHO.
I will truly miss Ennio, he’s been my guiding light for most of my music making life. Thank you for the music. RIP.
To celebrate Morricone and his profession, I'll continue the above list: Nino Rota, Michel Legrand, Tan Dun...

kelvyn wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:57 pm The Pan Flute when the kids are walking under the bridge in Once Upon A Time In America. The native choir singing hymns in The Mission. The piano in 1900 and all the other amazingly beautiful moments where the music transcended and became more than the sum of its parts.
^^^ THIS ^^^
kelvyn wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:57 pm Everyone knows the Spaghetti stuff and it’s a shame that they are such prominent a part of his legacy because there’s so much more and better IMHO.
I also share this feeling. His legacy has so much more than those "western spaghettis"
Fernando (FMR)

indeed. i like his psychedelic stuff too.

He even dabbled with electronics on The Thing.

RIP.

Possibly the greatest film composer. RIP.

GaryG wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:13 pm He even dabbled with electronics on The Thing.

RIP.
Didn't even know that soundtrack was on him as well. Cool.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”