When we run out of Major and Minor scales?

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i loved his law and order character.
goran and eames together where great.

i have not heard the tammy faye story.

Ok. One night, I had girlfriend problems (adds nothing to the story, skip it) and my male friend from that same jr high school era decided to cheer me up so he came up with a plan towards the end of the night: we knew where the PTL headquarters was located, in town (Charlotte); the plan was to go check it out, but we need a cover story because it's like 1 AM now, and this is already a bit fantastical. So, the story we came up with was <we are interested in the Christian television broadcast ministry business> as they were doing, and were interested to see what kind of equipment you need and can we check your studio out.

Knocked on the door and one of us (memory fades) gives this spiel. It seems cockamamie af, but we were 19 years old. And the guy answering the door turned out was a tech guy for them, and he was bored enough to give us the tour; so I kind of fake-talked shop, but there we were. And the nice video tech sort of guy said 'Do you want to meet Tammy Faye?' Hell yes we do. So there she was in the middle of the night in her office cooking the books. Seriously, she had her nose in a ledger at the time. She gives us a quick fake smile, we didn't dwell.

hey! if you dont try you get nowhere!
always worth knocking on a door if the worst thing possible is getting told to piss off.

obviously, knocking on eg phil spectors house, less worthwhile without an appointment and/or flack jacket.

jancivil wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:42 am D'Onofrio was also the overweight guy who lost it in Full Metal Jacket, a monster in The Cell, and lead in one of the Law and Order series, where his character was going crazy. I forget what else at the moment. Oh yeah, the alien with a botched human skin job in Men In Black.

googled: he plays Jerry Falwell in The Eyes of Tammy Faye.
I've met Tammy Faye. Stop me if you've heard the story.
ot for a sec...apologies...full metal jacket..I dont care for war movies, but that was very spot on during the bootcamp parts....very similar to what my bootcamp days were like, especially the blanket party scene (where they beat him in his bunk with towels wrapped around soap)...I didnt go to namn so I cant comment on the how realistic those scenes are, but that really reminded me of my bootcamp. (we had a guy like that, the drill sgts called him fat rabbit, all he ate was salad, they allowed nothing else, he also already had failed basic training once and was on his second try...he was a nice guy, not a soldier though and it was horrible how he was treated by drill sgts...we all tried to help him, no blanket party)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

When we run out of Major and Minor scales?
Just order more on Ebay or look for bargains in KVR marketplace. AudioDeluxe have a sale on, 50% off all Major scales all month, buy two and get one Minor scale free. :clown:

hows it looking? have we slowed down our usage enough for the supply to build up again?
not for me, i dont use em.

vurt wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:29 pm hows it looking? have we slowed down our usage enough for the supply to build up again?
I substituted kitchen scales, since they seem to have plenty of them on Amazon.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:10 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:29 pm hows it looking? have we slowed down our usage enough for the supply to build up again?
see! this guy is thinking!

im going to check the local aquarium.
im sure they weigh stuff.

whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:10 pm
fish scales are more natural, especially on the bass :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

The video in itself is not bad, in fact it is a quite interesting discussion on why popular music is so similar (the word "popular" is a hint). vsauce is a pretty good youtuber but the OP seems to take his word for gospel and has turned it into a conspiracy theory.

But for myself I refuse to use the major scale and constantly compose in dorian - but I am a free thinking individual so I always start from the 7th step.
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

Regarding the video and social media advise overall:
Is it really so difficult to simply take a basic reading in 2020? These things were already discussed in the 1500 century...

kovacs wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:12 am constantly compose in dorian
that's one of them fish scales vurt was talking about isnt it?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:55 am
It's a variant of durian but smells better.
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

kovacs wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:05 am
whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:55 am
It's a variant of durian but smells better.
scaley fruit?

dragon 🐉

Return to “Music Theory”