rip Charlie Daniels

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

lay a fiddle of gold against his soul :(

I know, I was thinking the same thought...I'm not a country fan, in Texas there was a lot and naturally there was some stuff that I did like...I was close to Austin and it was 78-81 so I did have lot of great music opportunities, even near Ft Hood was a few great clubs (clubs, not bars...you had to have a club card to drink, dry towns then), I met SRV at one...but alas not all my friends were into the same music so sometimes it was a honky tonk...so I wasn't disapointed to hear some things, Charlie Daniels was one...I do have one of his songs though on my devices

https://youtu.be/952h-AJ3Bcg

absolutely great country hippie song I like
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

im not a country fan, but there are many country artists i like.
charlie had a few foot stompers that went beyond just being "country" imo.
i heard of him through covers initially.
then at some blues and folk festival in blackburn about 20 years ago, he was on the bill. i didnt have a clue, but was just sat listening as you do, heard a couple of tunes i recognised and thought he was doing covers :oops:
he finished up obviously with "devil went down..." man it was mental in thar tent :hihi:

also saw gary moore at the same festival but a different year :)

gary moore? who is that? :hihi:...I saw him only twice, once in 83 in a small hockey rink arena on cape cod, general admission...the other was in the 70's when Thin Lizzy opened up for Queen...come to think of it CD might have been at the two Texas Jams I went to, I went but have so few memories..Jack Daniels and acid :hihi:

never got to see thin lizzy, although my auntie dated snowy white so i met him a few times.
but i was about 6 so he was just a man my auntie knew to me :hihi:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”