Cubase sale 40%

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zoidkirb wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:13 am
JerGoertz wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:01 am Did Cubase finally get curved automation? I've been happily using version 6.5 for years now, but would probably update for the aforementioned feature.

Yup, for longer than I can remember now.
Really? Wow, I thought this was still an issue as recently at Cubase 9.

Is this actual curved automation, or something where you draw a curve and the Cubase approximates it with straight line segments?
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:32 am
JerGoertz wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:01 am Did Cubase finally get curved automation? I've been happily using version 6.5 for years now, but would probably update for the aforementioned feature.

Is this actual curved automation, or something where you draw a curve and the Cubase approximates it with straight line segments?
Actual curves. You draw a straight line and bend it into a curve. What they don't have is curves inside the clips for midi CC data.

zoidkirb wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:14 am
JerGoertz wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:32 am

Actual curves. You draw a straight line and bend it into a curve. What they don't have is curves inside the clips for midi CC data.
Just checked and you're right; new in Cubase 9.5 apparently. This is what I've wanted for years.

THANK YOU STEINBERG, NOW I CAN RESUME USING ONE AND ONLY ONE DAW, THE GREATEST DAW OF ALL TIME, THE HOLY AND PERFECT EXCALIBER OF DAWS. :D

hmmm, seems they increased the upgrade prices in Germany by 3% and now lower by 40% ... which is not really 40% off ....

One other question: How is Cubase's PDC nowadays? As good as Bitwig (one of the best AFAIK)?

JerGoertz wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:23 pm One other question: How is Cubase's PDC nowadays? As good as Bitwig (one of the best AFAIK)?
Have you tried REAPER? :D :D :D

JerGoertz wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:23 pm One other question: How is Cubase's PDC nowadays? As good as Bitwig (one of the best AFAIK)?
If you have a usb key you can request a trial and see for yourself.

I paid $59 to go from 10 to 10.5. So it's normally 99? I don't remember.

jancivil wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:15 am I paid $59 to go from 10 to 10.5. So it's normally 99? I don't remember.
59 bucks for every immediate following version.

jancivil wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:15 am I paid $59 to go from 10 to 10.5. So it's normally 99? I don't remember.
It's normally $59. It's 40% off now at $35.99.

How is the high-DPI/retina display support in 10.5? I remember them progressively updating various parts of the UI with each upgrade, but it was still an inconsistent blurry affair last time I loaded it up.

For us who's already got 10.5 - I wonder if this can be used as a cheap upgrade to 11 when it comes out?

Usually, the price for .0 updates (as Steinberg calls them) is 99, while the price for .5 updates is 59

An update that skips the last previous version (.5 to .5 or .0 to .0) is 159
Last edited by fmr on Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

Armadillo wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:19 am For us who's already got 10.5 - I wonder if this can be used as a cheap upgrade to 11 when it comes out?
I don't think so, because you only receive the grace update when you activate the bought update, and you cannot activate an update to Cubase 10.5 when you already have Cubase 10.5 in the USB key. It won't work. You would need to have Cubase 10.0 for that.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:51 am
Armadillo wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:19 am For us who's already got 10.5 - I wonder if this can be used as a cheap upgrade to 11 when it comes out?
I don't think so, because you only receive the grace update when you activate the bought update, and you cannot activate an update to Cubase 10.5 when you already have Cubase 10.5 in the USB key. It won't work. You would need to have Cubase 10.0 for that.
I currently have cubase 10 pro. If I buy the 10.5 upgrade now, but dont activate it, will I be able to upgrade to 11 at a cheaper price? What is the typical price in this situation?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”