guess the synth

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

guess the synth.

EDIT:

the reverb was too wet, i didn't noticed it, it was late... and headphones, not use to mix on headphones.. now in my studio..
new version, with phoenixverb, as a send, so also the real sound of the soft-synth can be identified.. sorry.. only the soft-synth plays, no sequencer, i play something, o well i let it play...

Expanding Your Mind Hurts - Aleph (version 2)

-------
OLD version: that was listened by some people:

Expanding Your Mind Hurts - Aleph

only effect used is a SP2016, a little wet... so no eq, no mastering, no sends, clean routing. except the reverb as an insert... (perhaps better as a send... o well, this is it for now)

what your here playing is the soft-synth itself. so no sequencers, etc.
only a soft-synth + SP2016 (yes we understand!)
Last edited by WasteLand on Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:01 am, edited 4 times in total.

listen to the lows... hint... and the filter resonance...

neon

AnX wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:29 amneon
neon is a name that i only last saw in KVR threads. don't own it, don't know it.
no it is not neon. (shall check it out!)

aha, and old steinberg plugin, or old, or someone from steinberg made it? seems nice.
hint: it is mononphonic, with a twist.

Arp 2600 or Roland System-100?

Eclectrophonic wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:43 pm Arp 2600 or Roland System-100?
the arp 2600 is normally, when i use it, it is quite different beast, but i get why you think it.
i can't say about the roland, that it can be compared.

it is not the synth, and i made a new bunch of presets, one (did i save it) had some 303 flavour.

you see it a lot, in the presets you get, when you buy a synth, some presets try to mimic another synth. sometimes you can get close.

but i hadn't an arp 2600 kind of sound in my head, but how this preset is made, perhaps i can understand it.
and thanks for listening! the guess the synth stuff is a bit gone. it is nice, i can learn others can learn.

but i feel that the special timbre (...) of the synth itself is recognizable. (and if i didn't know it, i would problably also think... although there are certain aspects that are quite specific to this synth..
i am listening now, yes i get it why think it is an arp 2600, but the oscillators are quite different. the resonant i thought is the giveaway, but in an arp 2600 it can also be done.
the sequenced like sound is problably, the as if sequenced is problably the "distraction", it is not sequenced, modulated. never knew the rules, so perhaps.. but, strangely i learn from the answers...)

I haven't a clue be honest and relatively new to synthesis in terms of "really understanding it" so noticing the way the resonance sounds or synth character might be a bit beyond me atm.

Try another guess - Korg MS-20? I have the feeling it's a synth with patch cables.

WasteLand wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:32 am neon is a name that i only last saw in KVR threads. don't own it, don't know it.

aha, and old steinberg plugin, or old, or someone from steinberg made it? seems nice.
It was the first ever VST instruments, I think.

I'd guess that the synth is Sylenth1. Probably wrong, but, hey. :)

chk071 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:48 am
WasteLand wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:32 am neon is a name that i only last saw in KVR threads. don't own it, don't know it.

It was the first ever VST instruments, I think.
ok, i know that are some gems flying around from steinberg, not included in cubase, and some are side-projects. neon i didn't know of.
chk071 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:50 am I'd guess that the synth is Sylenth1. Probably wrong, but, hey. :)
hey, haha, i don't have every tried sylenth1 one, guess is it can do it, but it isn't yes, sylenth 1 :)
Eclectrophonic wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:46 am I haven't a clue be honest and relatively new to synthesis in terms of "really understanding it" so noticing the way the resonance sounds or synth character might be a bit beyond me atm.

Try another guess - Korg MS-20? I have the feeling it's a synth with patch cables.
i am not that new to synthesis, but guessing a synth, a hit above 50% i think, just. still learning, therefore also this soundcloud page for sketches i made, it wasn't meant for guess the synth, but i expanded the way i worked with this synth.

a korg ms-20, you think it of the resonance? the modulation?
no patch cables. so no ms-20, i used modulation not standard in the synth, it is an emulation.

timbre is most of times a give away, the working of the filter. but both, even the synth i used here, has factory preset that mimics another synth. perhaps more, i never really listened to the presets.

i think it would be for me also difficult, if i was on the other side, with same sound you hear now.
but even if i modulated it -within the soft synth itself, so it still one synth, some extra hands, automation could also work-, i work with this synth for years, still it has the sound.

i already mentioned i learn from this, and it seems also others.

now this thread is dead, i shall reveal!

arturia Mini V3. with some extra modulation that arturia offers.

Return to “Soundware”