Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

Can someone advise on how to load v 1.5 patches into V2?

[EDIT] OSX
Last edited by zmix on Sat May 30, 2020 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If you're on Windows go to Documents\DiscoDSP\OB-Xd and create a "Banks" subfolder if one doesn't already exist. Then just drop any .fxb files into that folder. Next time you open the synth, they'll appear in the menu.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:35 pm If you're on Windows go to Documents\DiscoDSP\OB-Xd and create a "Banks" subfolder if one doesn't already exist. Then just drop any .fxb files into that folder. Next time you open the synth, they'll appear in the menu.
Thanks..!

I'm on OSX, but if the patches and banks are fully compatible then I should be able to simply copy them into the relevant folders for the 2.0 instrument.

Thank You!
I think the “Jump sound” not as mutch depend on external processing.
Here can see how works with OP-X pro vst instrument....
https://youtu.be/UIXuxp2I2B0

barczabass wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:42 pm Thank You!
I think the “Jump sound” not as mutch depend on external processing.
Here can see how works with OP-X pro vst instrument....
https://youtu.be/UIXuxp2I2B0
The "Jump" sound is fairly easy to achieve, it's essentially 2 sawtooth oscillators, slightly detuned, and the filter is wide open (on a real OB-X you need the envelope modulation to open the filter completely the OB-Xd can do that without additional modulation).
If you're really clever you can additionally use the filter envelope to bend the pitch of one oscillator up an octave (using a very fast but not all the way up attack full sustain and fast release) and if you do this be sure to tune that oscillator down an octave to compensate. This will give the characteristic "ripping" sound to the attack.

Thank You! That’s sounds very good, but I’m a beginner and very awkward in synth programming, dot understood the half of your description...😇 (I’m a bass player) I just love the sounds of 80’s....
Could you send the state file or a screen shoot? 😉😊

barczabass wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 9:20 pm Thank You! That’s sounds very good, but I’m a beginner and very awkward in synth programming, dot understood the half of your description...😇 (I’m a bass player) I just love the sounds of 80’s....
Could you send the state file or a screen shoot? 😉😊
Here you go:
Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 6.33.40 PM.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Oh, yeah!
Thanks a lot!
You made my day,
have a nice day for you too!

I just see my OBXD looks different, can change it is a skin or a different version?

The sounds should be the same regardless of the version or the skin, just match each knob and switch position, and use your ears

barczabass wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:28 am I just see my OBXD looks different, can change it is a skin or a different version?

For the Jump sound.....

Just go here : https://github.com/reales/OB-Xd/tree/de ... B-Xd/Banks

download bank 000 and load it into OB-xd, its preset "Here Goes Jump" :hyper:

Oh, yeah!
Thank you so much!
Have nice day! 😉

Hello OBXD lovers and developers!!!

First of all thanks for this amazing synth, I have a question and suggestion to developers!

1. I'm a Reaper user! I want to create a bank with my sounds and I don't understand how to save them correctly. Is there any clear instruction how to do that in reaper? I click on + in Reaper then Save preset, but it's a reaper preset and I can't write it to the clear bank to share it with other people. I tried also to export vst preset with Export vst patch/bank file (.fxp/.fxb) and then import it, had not a luck also :( by the way when you export it .fxb it's always saves as .fxp file don't know why.

2. I created some sounds on OBXD 32 bit version and saved it as preset, now on OBXD 64 bit version I can't load them I don't know it's a bug on Reaper/OBXD or there is no such as function, is there any way to solve this problem?

3. I would love to use OBXD for live playing on touchscreen pc, and would love to ask to developers to add a Patch Favorites function to it as we have on KORG MS2000 synth, so we can assign our favorite patches for each bank to buttons and during live play have a quick access to them with one click at least 16 buttons will be perfect!

Thank you!

Here is an example of favorites U/I:

New nightly builds.

https://www.discodsp.net/obxd-nightly/

Fixed XML assert issues. Test and feedback is appreciated!

20200701 build is very sluggish and unresponsive in Logic. The controls are very jerky and almost impossible to use,

Doesn't remember any CC assignments

Cannot load v 1.5 presets (though they now appear in the menu)

Return to “Instruments”