Studio One Version 5.0 Predictions and Requests

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

fedexnman wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:43 pm Wonder what the ground breaking features will be ?
I’m getting a hunch that it’s clips and a clip launcher…

I’ve been hoping since I got on board at version three that they would finally add the ability to to save Mix set ups in a session (routings and plugins used and their settings) like you can in digital performer

fedexnman wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:43 pm Wonder what the ground breaking features will be ?
I also wonder wonder wonder!
Their 25 year celebration must include something spectacular for Studio One 5!
Perhaps?

So tomorrow might not be a release date, just an announcement?

simmo75 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:53 am So tomorrow might not be a release date, just an announcement?
If I remember correctly, studio one 4 was available the day they announced it, so if past is prologue …

I know people are hyped but just remember that Presonus always overhype even the smallest things. I'm not expecting too much until I see what they have up their sleeves.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

I think I'm gonna be a little disappointed if it's an Ableton-style clip launcher. The whole reason I'm planning on getting Studio One is that it feels like a streamlined Cubase with all the fat cut out. I never really found a way to smoothly integrate the Session View in Ableton Live, but the way it was still connected to some features ended up confusing me and made me wish it just wasn't there, that I could have a version that was more straightforward.

Not gonna pretend like I know what's best for the DAW, but my favorite thing about it was that it felt feature-rich, but also focused and unbloated. Maybe it still will be - I certainly won't judge before I see it!

changes in new versions become more and more mundane as DAWs become established, revolutionary changes are easy at the beginning, but at this point, you want to maintain compatibility with previous versions and avoid upsetting existing users

I've heard that the jump from v3 to v4 wasn't that impressive

I'm not too excited since Presonus charges for version upgrades. I'll change my mind if the changes are significant, but we'll see tomorrow

I hope they add an articulation switch thingy in there. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna make the switch if they do. I've also been looking for a "streamlined Cubase with all the fat cut out". There's just one thing missing.
What ever!

go ahead and take my money!
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

For some reason the extreme sidechaining effect that happens in trailer makes me believe that we will be getting something similar to volumeshaper.

Edit: Or automation clips? We'll see in about 10 hours.

I hope for the following:

Cubase style midi editing.
Logical Editor
Transformer
Input transformer

Full featured and editable List Editor.

A better way to handle VST midi fx.

Fl Studio Piano Roll fx and editor.

Just dreaming while waiting for the major product announcement.

I predict Studio One Pro 5 will be released Tomorrow July 7th, 2020.

I also predict that some of current S1 Pro 4 users will love it and buy the upgrade to version 5, while others will complain about misc. details, missing features, ...etc. and decide to stick to the version they currently use, some will claim it's not stable, and will wait for version 5.1 before using it. and some others will hope to see some missing features to be released in version 5.5, so they will wait until 5.5 is released.

A peak into Artist v5 version from https://www.bhphotovideo.com/explora/pr ... -our-times

Nice. So I'd guess clip launching isn't in, at least not yet.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”