Phase Plant released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

audiot wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:24 pm
audiot wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:19 pm
Dizzler94 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:36 pm
audiot wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:09 pm Could someone tell me how to install the VST3 version :help: I've installed the latest update via kilohearts installer, but I cant see the VST3 version in Cubase. I also checked the settings page in the kilohearts installer ... no option for VST3 or something :?: Hopefully Snap Heap gets VST3 support soon :pray: ... then i can finally use the sidechain trigger :hyper:
I can install VST3 in the KH installer when i click the settings tab at the top right. You maybe have to upgrade to 1.85 first for it to be available though
:? i've downloaded the latest installer, but i dont see that option :bang: Strange ... I need to check my VST3 path in the registry. Thank you anyway Dizzler94 :tu:
:shrug: ... i have no clue why i dont see the VST3 option. My settings page has only two checkboxes: VST2 and AAX ... no VST3 :? But it's not a big deal. For instruments i usually dont care about VST3, but when Snap Heap gets VST3 support and I still cant get it working, I will cotact their support.
Oooh... not checked in here for a bit... did support get you sorted out?

Here's a nice organic pad patch breakdown from Venus Theory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMkXW17LYyA

StuSmith wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:38 am
audiot wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:24 pm
audiot wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:19 pm
Dizzler94 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:36 pm
audiot wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:09 pm Could someone tell me how to install the VST3 version :help: I've installed the latest update via kilohearts installer, but I cant see the VST3 version in Cubase. I also checked the settings page in the kilohearts installer ... no option for VST3 or something :?: Hopefully Snap Heap gets VST3 support soon :pray: ... then i can finally use the sidechain trigger :hyper:
I can install VST3 in the KH installer when i click the settings tab at the top right. You maybe have to upgrade to 1.85 first for it to be available though
:? i've downloaded the latest installer, but i dont see that option :bang: Strange ... I need to check my VST3 path in the registry. Thank you anyway Dizzler94 :tu:
:shrug: ... i have no clue why i dont see the VST3 option. My settings page has only two checkboxes: VST2 and AAX ... no VST3 :? But it's not a big deal. For instruments i usually dont care about VST3, but when Snap Heap gets VST3 support and I still cant get it working, I will cotact their support.
Oooh... not checked in here for a bit... did support get you sorted out?
No, as I said, for instruments I dont care for VST3 support. If Snap Heap gets VST3 support and i cant get it working I'll become noisy :x :wink: Sidechaining without VST3 is a headache in Cubase :roll:

audiot wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:21 am No, as I said, for instruments I dont care for VST3 support. If Snap Heap gets VST3 support and i cant get it working I'll become noisy :x :wink: Sidechaining without VST3 is a headache in Cubase :roll:
Ah okay... I'll see if I can chase that up. Have you tried a clean install as per the FAQ?

Here: https://kilohearts.com/faq#trouble_shooting

StuSmith wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:58 am
audiot wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:21 am No, as I said, for instruments I dont care for VST3 support. If Snap Heap gets VST3 support and i cant get it working I'll become noisy :x :wink: Sidechaining without VST3 is a headache in Cubase :roll:
Ah okay... I'll see if I can chase that up. Have you tried a clean install as per the FAQ?

Thank you StuSmith :hug: That worked! AND THE BEST THING .. Snap Heap and all the other effects are already VST3 :o I thought only PhasePlant was updated? Proper Sidechaining ... finally! Hooray :party: :hyper: :wheee:

BTW: Do you know if there are plans to include the freely editable LFO's from PhasePlant into Snap Heap and Multipass? That would be awesome :love:

audiot wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:08 pm
StuSmith wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:58 am

Thank you StuSmith :hug: That worked! AND THE BEST THING .. Snap Heap and all the other effects are already VST3 :o I thought only PhasePlant was updated? Proper Sidechaining ... finally! Hooray :party: :hyper: :wheee:

BTW: Do you know if there are plans to include the freely editable LFO's from PhasePlant into Snap Heap and Multipass? That would be awesome :love:
Awesome! When all else fails... clean reinstall!

That's actually the extent of my tech support skills, so I'm glad it worked. :-D

And yes, the plan is to update all hosts to use the same modulation systems. No solid date on that yet but it's in the pipeline. :-)

StuSmith wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:22 pm That's actually the extent of my tech support skills, so I'm glad it worked. :-D
:lol:
StuSmith wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:22 pm And yes, the plan is to update all hosts to use the same modulation systems. No solid date on that yet but it's in the pipeline. :-)
Great news! Thank you StuSmith :tu:

Does phase plant have analog filter emulations? Or does it have some other chance to sound more or less analog?

it does have an analog style filter in the fx.
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

Ladder filter is good. Can bet set to diode or transistor mode, can be driven and saturation is switchable.
would still love If it could be used in the generator side and possibly more filters available.

Please pass it on Stu 😊

dermage wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:01 pm Ladder filter is good. Can bet set to diode or transistor mode, can be driven and saturation is switchable.
would still love If it could be used in the generator side and possibly more filters available.

Please pass it on Stu 😊
Yes, I hope plenty more filters will be added. It needs combs, phasers, notches, formants, ect.. all in the oscillators sections. It would be a very decent update!

It already has comb and formant filters and it doesn't really matter where any of them go because you have the three lanes of effects to use. So your oscillators can go into Lane 1 and/or 2, where you add the filters. That then feeds into Lane 3, where you put your "post" effects. If you keep the VCA at 100% (no envelope modulation) you can add a Gain snap-in after the filters in Lane1/2, or at the very top of Lane 3, and modulate it with an envelope to get your VCA. If that seems wrong, just grab a piece of paper and a pencil and draw the signal paths and you'll see that the result should be the same. With something like PP, thinking outside the box can open up a whole lot of opportunities like this.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

dermage wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:01 pm Ladder filter is good. Can bet set to diode or transistor mode, can be driven and saturation is switchable.

Please pass it on Stu 😊
Done. Though I'm pretty sure this is already on the feature request list... :-)

StuSmith wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:48 am

Please pass it on Stu 😊
Done. Though I'm pretty sure this is already on the feature request list... :-)
Thanks Stu. I know their list is long.
This constant improvement is another reason I finally bought this great piece.
I love stuff that grows and improves over time.
Compared against a year ago their already did a lot. Like LFO panel, Waveform selector etc and now Unison. If I had known they'd do this earlier, I would've bought earlier. But the sale price was just too irresistible
(I know [from Facebook] you love them too Stu (the sales :) )

Hey Stu!

are there plants to add zero random phase option in the oscillator/generator section? also any plants to add cpu-friendly oscillator?

Return to “Instruments”