Studio One 5 Available Now (5.3 Out June 29th, 2021)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

Their website is getting slammed right now lol. I wonder if they will have some kind of discount on Sphere for existing customers? I am interested in the collaboration features, especially with the current epidemic.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:24 pmBut the Notation (finally), Key Switches/Articulation, MPE support, external instrument support that's all huge. Feels like they're taking MIDI seriously for the first time in a long time...
Sure, I can see how those - and other new features - can be exciting for many people, just not for me. I'll still have to check the demo though, because often it's the small, some times not even mentioned tweaks that have the biggest impact :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:19 pm
So, which DAW are you moving to now? :hihi:
Moving isn't the only option available.... there are means and ways to make S1 more polished, if one knows how.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

SLiC wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:08 pmThe arranger track and scratchpad are both very powerful (and updated) for composition.
Where did you see anything about SP being updated? Can't find it anywhere.
Music tech enthusiast

THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:38 pm
antic604 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:19 pm
So, which DAW are you moving to now? :hihi:
Moving isn't the only option available.... there are means and ways to make S1 more polished, if one knows how.
No, thanks. I've seen your videos. Our definitions of "polished" are polar opposites. And believe me - I'm Polish after all ;) :D
Music tech enthusiast

Nobody said it yet, but the Artist version finally has VST/AU ability included without extra cost. A huge feature for those not needing the professional version.

SLiC wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:08 pm
eclipxe wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:03 pm Yeah I would have really liked Midi capture. And wish the Show Page was a more integrated clip launcher that could be used for composition/experimentation :-(
Personably I find the show page more interesting/useful in a fundamentally linear DAW (plus I own Live and Bitwig anyway so have that covered!), once again proving you can never please everyone!

The arranger track and scratchpad are both very powerful (and updated) for composition.
How was arranger or scratchpad updated?

how much is sphere?

clip gain automation! yay!
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
--
Pooter | Software | Akai MPK-61 | Line 6 Helix | Dynaudio BM5A mk II

Sphere is 14.95 / month, or 165 a year. It doesn't appear that there is any discount or offer for exisiting owners of Studio One Pro , which is a shame.

antic604 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:18 pm No Atom SQ announcement? And it's still not on their web page even? :scared:
Ah, there it is! Hidden in an unlinked page :D

https://www.presonus.com/products/ATOM-SQ
Studio One Integration Features
  • Automatically detected by Studio One, no setup required
  • Deep integration with Studio One’s Pattern editor for intuitive step sequencer programming
  • Navigate and choose instruments and effects from the Browser
  • Change presets on virtual instruments and effects
  • Create a new track
  • Activate metronome and change song tempo
  • Set looping points in timeline
  • Navigate the timeline
  • Zoom in and out on the timeline or events
  • Directly edit MIDI events and also apply Quantization or Humanization commands
  • Transport control (stop, play, record)
  • Studio One dynamically switches ATOM between Keyboard and Drum modes depending on the selected instrument
  • Requires Studio One v5 or later for full integration support
Music tech enthusiast

Presonus site must be getting crushed. Bought my upgrade from JRRShop, but unable to register it on my.presonus.com. Site gives an error about the serial I received.

EDIT: Aaaaaaannnnd that entire site is down now. :D

Oh well, I'll give it some time and check back later.
Last edited by sl1200mk2 on Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amazon: why not use an alternative

Looks like nobody noticed that Artist 5 can now load 3rd party plugins, that the previous restriction is gone now.

Would love to give the demo a spin, but, I'm afraid we have to wait for the people who camped in front of Presonus' HQ tonight. :roll:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”