KNIFONIUM synth released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a $50 voucher and an upgrade code i'd sell to anyone fiending for it today, i'll wait for the $29 version :)

I'm not sure about this one either yet after playing for half an hour. But slowly I'm finding its quality.
Things to mention:
- Wavefolder sounds horrible, is this only aliasing produced? :)
- Why does the noise even sound if the filter is closed and additionally there's some weird stereo effect which introduces comb filtering/cancellation when monoing (TMT?)
- The noise sounds strangely digital
- I love the BX Arp, they should release it as a standalone :)

The one who compared this to PolyAna -lol. When was the last time you used this. The interface of Knifonium is far more user friendly. Of course not on par with power synths like Diva, Omni etc., but there are already worlds between this and PolyAna.

dermage wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:15 pm

The one who compared this to PolyAna -lol. When was the last time you used this. The interface of Knifonium is far more user friendly. Of course not on par with power synths like Diva, Omni etc., but there are already worlds between this and PolyAna.

AnX wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:59 am gui looks very fiddly imo.... reminds me of poly ana....

i said it looks fiddly (I also said its too cramped) similar to polyana

which bit of that don't you understand?

polyana makes me feel sea sick looking at it.

vurt wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:28 pm polyana makes me feel sea sick looking at it.
There are alternative skins if the stock gui doesn't work for you ...

:)

Each of those makes me seasick TBH... there's just too much stuff cramped into too little space, and different graphics and colours just won't change that.

Good thing the Admiral is not aboard anymore, otherwise I'd get keelhauled now. ;)

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:33 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:28 pm polyana makes me feel sea sick looking at it.

:)
can it do "a pox on you"?

tbh, theyre still a bit busy to get a handle on, but at least it doesnt seem like an escher painting.

Not for me right now. It sounds nice, and a bit different but I've got enough soft synths (or at least that's what my therapist says)... and still find use for Vacuum Pro from time to time. :P
Music, just like tortilla, is no fun without a bit of "cheese". :clown:
soundcloud.com/vertlain

I'll wait for a good sale as well. If there'll be something like the recent sale for Oberhausen, I'll surely grab it.

I'm starting to really like it. Wonderfully nasty and the Ring Mod is awesome.

It felt a bit fiddly and cramped to me as well at the start. But hey, looks like the hardware. The layout is pretty straight forward so that feeling goes away after a little bit, at least it did for me.

I have a PolyAna and an alternate skin, still this feels much better in Knifonium.
It's your first opinion maybe that its fiddly, but after some use it gets better. Not with PolyAna, had a hard time setting it up always. Anyway will demo this further. It surely acts special, and that's not a bad sign for a soft synth.

Very tempted to use my monthly voucher but not sure if it will give me something I haven't already got. I already use Vacuum Pro. Think I'll DL and have a mess around with it.
Anyone know how it compares CPU wise with say Oberhausen?
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Ok I've given the demo some time. Not a bad synth but....$299....$199 I'll wait for $299....$29. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:33 pm

I think this one cleans things up nicely while keeping everything on one page. Poly-Ana is still a great-sounding, characterful synth, even in 2020, if you can get past the GUI. ;)

As for the sound of Knifonium, I just finished going through the demo and wasn't particularly impressed. It doesn't sound *bad*, mind you, it just doesn't really grab me in any way. Just to be sure, I loaded up Voltage Modular afterwards and played with some Vintage Voice presets. Those things have character and I was reminded of what analog-style grit should sound like.
A well-behaved signature.

chk071 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:45 pm I'll wait for a good sale as well. If there'll be something like the recent sale for Oberhausen, I'll surely grab it.
Yeah, I can wait. It seems the product lifecycle at PA is about a year before something goes on sale for $29 or less.
A well-behaved signature.

Return to “Instruments”