Geomystery - Tales From Nowhere (album)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys, I am in the middle of making new album for my project Geomystery. I am curious about what you think is absolute garbage and what should be on it. Also technical tips for mix would be helpful. And some colabs or remixes would be good too.

https://soundcloud.com/geomystery/sets/ ... owhere-wip
Last edited by Geomystery on Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Randomly picked tracks 2 and 5 to listen, both are very good. Hypnotic, groovy and mysterious. Some great melodic parts in the 5th one.

I listened in poor speakers but the mixing seems good.

Gotta find the lime to listen to the rest.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Part 1
If you take a listen to your song at 1:21 you'll notice its nice and clear and each element seems to have its place.
You introduce some atmosphere padding 1:29. Its gets cloudy and messy directly afterwards. Sometimes adding elements like that hog frequencies and mess things up. You think, "I'll add something to make it more interesting" and you reach for the wrong thing. Sometimes less is more. Or at least, decide on the right element.
There's also no surprises in this track. Its very predictable. No different chord changes. If there's no surprise it gets boring. You need the right mix of "familiarity" and surprise to keep the listener engaged.
This is not meant to be critical, but hopefully constructive. : )

bansaw: Yes, its constructive and thank you for that.

recursive one: 5th is my favorite so far

I listened on my Head Phones.

I started to listen on every track, and i actually listen to Part I and II, but found myself skipping big chunks of the rest of the tracks.

IMO, every track is to long, and it makes them uninteresting to listen to and you really just start skipping through them to find something interesting.
It feels like I can take of my head phones for a minute, put them back on, and really not missing anything.

What I did like is the heavy low end which I find very appealing! :)

Daniel: Thanks for listening. Skipping is fine for Part2,3 and partialy 5. In tracks 1 and 4, there is something more if you listen to them without skipping. Skipping is fine, just listen to what you like. But sometimes patience is what can bring you even deeper experience of the world.

Part6 emerging from nowhere

Ok, here you can find out how it ended:

https://geomystery.bandcamp.com/

Decided to release it directly on bandcamp.

Return to “Music Cafe”