Studio One Version 5.0 Predictions and Requests

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

Super stoked that PreSonus didn't dumb Studio One down to please the Bitwig bedroom beatmakers.
So I don't have to quit using Studio One!

But I am disappointed that there is still no custom colours for parts and channels, which is the 3rd most requested feature. Seems like a pretty basic ground floor sort of feature to give people.

I just want to make all of my parts slightly different shades of blue. :shrug:
I just can't get into the mauve, mustard, and burnt umber that the fixed colour palette has to offer.
Last edited by jamcat on Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

chk071 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:31 pm
apoclypse wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:27 pm Anyway. While the update looks cool. I told you guys that Presonus is the worst when it comes to hype. They overhype and under deliver for the most part and that has been going on for a long time. I never get too excited for their updates. This update seems cool and I already bought it but like most of their updates I won't use it for a few weeks.
No offense, but that's the oddest thing I read so far about this update. You find it underwhelming, but bought it, but won't use it for a few weeks? Why did you even buy it then? :)
I didn't say I found it underwhelming but it seems a lot of people were expecting far more than they got and as a long time Presonus S1 customer (since version 2) I know what to expect in their updates versus the amount of hype they generate around it.

I bought version 4 on the spot after it released too. I don't do that with everybody but Presonus has gained my trust. Besides it's only $150 bucks, it's not like it's expensive. Had they drastically changed the software I may have had to wait a bit but it's S1 V4.6 with some stuff added to it. I always use two version side by side (I'm on Mac). The previous version and whatever the latest version is. I break the new one in and slowly migrate over if I have time. This allows me to play with new features but still work on projects without breaking anything.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

jamcat wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:41 pm Super stoked that PreSonus didn't dumb Studio One down to please the Bitwig bedroom beatmakers.

But I am disappointed that there is still no custom colours for parts and channels, which is the 3rd most requested feature. Seems like a pretty basic ground floor sort of feature to give people.

I just want to make all of my parts slightly different shades of blue. :shrug:
I just can't get into the mauve, mustard, and burnt umber that the fixed colour palette has to offer.
If you’re looking for a complete package for making music and programming beats, check out the PreSonus ATOM SQ, a versatile tool that offers an intuitive performance layout with 32 velocity and pressure-sensitive pads that will suit keyboard players, step-sequencer aficionados, and button mashers alike. The ATOM SQ has one single aim for producers and composers: it helps you lay down beats, harmonies, and melodies without oppressive menu diving or endless configurations.

The ATOM SQ makes use of an ergonomic arrangement of pads that will look familiar to players and drum programmers equally. Eight rotary encoders can be configured with almost any software parameter in your host DAW, making controlling your software a breeze. An intuitive display screen changes to fit the context and provides valuable information, including CC assignments and more. Built in to the unit is a Constrain to Scale feature that eliminates the possibility of playing a bum note within a specific scale, thereby making composition easy, as well as fun.

All of this is bus powered by your computer, making the ATOM SQ eminently portable. This is an ideal controller for PreSonus Studio One. Indeed, it’s so suited for the task that PreSonus Studio One Artist is included. Ableton Live Lite is also supplied with the controller, so you can use it with that venerated program of programs! Two loop packs are also on hand, as is a custom-curated content library specifically tailored for the ATOM SQ.

They still haven't introduced the sequencer with the dumb downed Akai Fire... :hihi:
When people move the goal posts to make a point, there is no longer an original point to be made.

Has anyone managed to get hold of it yet? I'm wondering about the glissando in the music notation mode, if it works with third party synths and if so- how?

apoclypse wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:22 pm

They have always been gunning for the ProTools type crowd. They are a company that sells audio hardware and that's their focus, always. I don't think they are interested in becoming the next Ableton or whatever. They are more interested in becoming the next ProTools or Cubase and now with the Show view they seem to be going after the MainStage crowd.
What you say is true, but Digital Performer and Apple Logic were also after the Pro-Tools crowd and they have now integrated pattern based looping mode into the DAW which can be used to record your own loops and integrate them into the linear timeline.

There was a time when Pro-Tools was mentioned all the time here on KVR but it is slowly drifting into irrelevance. Ever faster computers mean that expensive hardware such as Pro-Tools had almost exclusive rights to and cost as much as a house is no longer needed.

And just because pattern based looping mode is used by EDM musicians for clip launching it does not mean it is not a very effective tool that can also be used in a linear DAW.

graspee wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:51 pm Has anyone managed to get hold of it yet? I'm wondering about the glissando in the music notation mode, if it works with third party synths and if so- how?
I did, but I've no idea what 'glissando' is, because one of the people requesting S1 to be dumbed down to Bitwig level. Also I really need to go to sleep already :D
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Darn! Just missed the (approx. $26) audio deluxe in cart discount off the $149 upgrade price. It was there in the morning, but when I came back after lunch to buy it it was gone (instead you get about $14 DeluxeBucks credit). JRR shop site is down so can't check it.

Anybody know of any discounts of the $149 upgrade price?
Last edited by dbender on Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Man , I still got to dig into the features for V5 , I'll probably wait till 2021 to get V5 , I'm pretty happy with S1V4 ... So I'm in NO rush ... but if there is something I just have to have then I'll probably get it sooner , gotta drive into the features.

antic604 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:16 pm
graspee wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:51 pm Has anyone managed to get hold of it yet? I'm wondering about the glissando in the music notation mode, if it works with third party synths and if so- how?
I did, but I've no idea what 'glissando' is, because one of the people requesting S1 to be dumbed down to Bitwig level. Also I really need to go to sleep already :D
:lol: :hug:
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:41 pm Super stoked that PreSonus didn't dumb Studio One down to please the Bitwig bedroom beatmakers.
You can breathe a sigh of relief, Studio One is still for the intellectuals.

dbender wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:25 pm Anybody know of any discounts of the $149 upgrade price?
JRR, $127 or something in cart, $125 something with code GROUP
Say NO to CLAP!

jinotsuh wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:18 am
dbender wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:25 pm Anybody know of any discounts of the $149 upgrade price?
JRR, $127 or something in cart, $125 something with code GROUP
Not any longer. The codes stopped working hours ago and Jrrshop web site’s been down for ages too.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Shame, they worked for me, but that was straight after release.
Say NO to CLAP!

[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Ok, I finally logged in and managed to upgrade, download, and activate my license.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”